NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Looks like Leon Powe's time with the Celtics has come to an end.....damn
What's the deal with Powe?

Is he a F/A? Or did he opt out of his current deal?

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Originally Posted by xblker47

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

can you imagine the bad influences on that team....
Zbo at the dinner table and AI at the strip clubs... in MEMPHIS no less...
smh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That team would be funny and dysfunctional as hell.

AI and Z-Bo = it will not end well.
laugh.gif
The possibilities are endless...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

They can double their win total because they did it during the 2003-04 season when they first made the playoffs.
What does six years ago have to do with now? The only similarity is the team name.
Just look at how ugly their roster was and they added a black hole in Bonzi and had a blackhole in Jwill with less talent than they currentlyhave.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Looks like Leon Powe's time with the Celtics has come to an end.....damn
What's the deal with Powe?

Is he a F/A? Or did he opt out of his current deal?

He was a restricted FA but the Celtics didnt extend him a qualifying offer, therefore making him an UFA.

Basically said that they are looking to use his roster spot, most likely for someone like Rasheed Wallace, dont know whey though. They could get rid ofGiddens, Pruitt and Walker and nobody would care, at lease Powe brought something to the table.

Who took those pics of Shaq, playboy? They had to airbrush at least 30 lbs off dude for those.

As far as memphis situation goes....

AI will probably end up in charlotte anyway so the whole him + ZBO thing is pretty farfetched. But, if it were to happen, why not give it a shot. IMO, you areat the bottom now, and cancer or not, anytime I can add two players on my team that can potentially put up some very good numbers, I take that risk. People areso quick to point out the negatives of this, but what about the positives? AI and Juice in the backcourt is a sure fire top 3 scoring backcourt in the nba, andwith ZBO, Gasol, and Gay manning the frontline, you would have very good frontcourt scoring as well. Now, they wouldn't be able to defend virtuallyanybody, but who would they get to help in this department anyway? Getting Thabeet at least has some merit on the defensive end and because of the players thatwere listed earlier, he won't have to score at all. Offensively, this team would be a Dynamo and a load to handle, especially if they are clicking and getin the open floor with Chuck pushing and Rudy and Juice filling the lanes

This is a team that struggled SEVERLY on the offensive end, despite the offensive prowless(sp?) of Juice and Gay. With the additions of these two, (Theyalready have ZBO) that would be a quick solution to that problem at least. With A.I., Juice, and Mike manning the guard spots, it will give the grizzliessomething that they have desperately needed, faster tempo.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Move over OC we have a bigger homer then you on here, i swear memphis could get Eddy Curry,Kwame Brown,Brian Scalabrine and Sasha Vujacic and he would try and flip it to a good way
How come every thing I say has to be homeristic? I always point out the bad with the good. I look at things from both standpoints. Its a difference than just saying everything is going to go great, etc. Some people on here just look at Memphis as a team who has won 68 games in their past 3 seasons. They don't realize the young talent they have and think that anything that touch Memphis soil is bad. Nothing positive ever comes from anybody about Memphis because its always bad regardless of what Memphis do.

Even the national media who criticize Memphis constantly is finally giving the team credit for making some decent moves that aren't all that bad. Of course NT won't look at it that way. I DO realize the outcome can be very bad, but at the same time Memphis doesn't have Randolph for 5 years. Stop making 2 years turn into some big ordeal like he signed a life contract with the team. If Memphis would've gave David Lee 5 yrs/60 million, you would still be bashing the team talking about how dumb it was. Everybody can't luck up in the lottery and draft the next Rose, Durant, Lebron, etc.

So, like I stated before, no matter what moves Memphis makes people will still bash them becuase of how they view the team since the Pau trade. I swear Memphis could've signed Ariza and Boozer this off-season and people would talk about how bad the team is going to be.

To say the team will flat out suck is just your opinon just like my opinion is they will be pretty decent. This isn't Portland getting Randolph back and they go from a 50 win team to a 30-win team.

This is a 24-win team gaining an asset and will win more games than last year regardless of how bad his problems are. We can even bet screen names on it if you really think Memphis isn't going to win more games next season.

Whoever lives in Memphis, would know how excited the casual fan would be here to bring in Iverson. Truth be told, probably nobody in this thread lives in Memphis but me. I know these things for a fact. Whether the team loses or not, people will want to go see him. Point blank. That's not a homeristic comment, its just the truth.
beacuse everyting you say, does indeed sound "homeristic"
2 years is a LONG time. how many more fans can take up 2 more losing seasons?
and if memphis did indeed give dlee that deal, you guys deserved to be bashed. i love lee and all, but no way in hell does he deserve that deal.
memphis got flamed hard for that deal, but it makes sense in reality. they weren't going anywhere with pau, so they dumped him for shorter/cheapercontracts. marc gasol is def. a nice developing prospect.
only reason why i would take AI on this team. he'll def. bring in a lot of fans, but fans dont mean anything when you wont be winning jack **#%. why riskyour future for just some spare money? you'll be making double that if you guys reach the playoffs.

Just look at how ugly their roster was and they added a black hole in Bonzi and had a blackhole in Jwill with less talent than they currently have.
It doesn't work like that.

You can't just look at the Grizzlies and see what you want to see. You have to look at the Western Conference, and, hell, the entire league.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

They can double their win total because they did it during the 2003-04 season when they first made the playoffs.
What does six years ago have to do with now? The only similarity is the team name.
Just look at how ugly their roster was and they added a black hole in Bonzi and had a blackhole in Jwill with less talent than they currently have.

that team is 100 times better then this one and the west is better now then it was then

If you honestly believe that Grizzlies team plus Iverson makes the playoffs...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Wow..

Iverson, Randolph, and Rudy chuckin like a mother *%%$$!...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And
laugh.gif
@ taking back Zach Randolph in a trade being anything but a bad move... He sucks. He's bad for a locker room. He's got like $35M due to himover the next two years... And that expiring contract NEXT year ain't gonna be worth a damn, especially when everybody knows you gotta put up with Zachif/when you trade for him... Every team in the NBA is gearing up for THIS offseason, not the one after next...

There wasn't one other team in the league that would have taken that contract back for FREE, and Memphis did it...
laugh.gif

I don't even put that on Wallace... That's on ownership... You gonna nix a $10M/year deal for someone like Lee or Millsap, then agree to pay $17M forthe next two years for Randolph?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

beacuse everyting you say, does indeed sound "homeristic"
and if memphis did indeed give dlee that deal, you guys deserved to be bashed. i love lee and all, but no way in hell does he deserve that deal.
memphis got flamed hard for that deal, but it makes sense in reality. they weren't going anywhere with pau, so they dumped him for shorter/cheaper contracts. marc gasol is def. a nice developing prospect.
only reason why i would take AI on this team. he'll def. bring in a lot of fans, but fans dont mean anything when you wont be winning jack **#%. why risk your future for just some spare money? you'll be making double that if you guys reach the playoffs.
I can agree on most of the things you said, but people will view you how they view it. There's good and bad to the situation. Of course, itsmore bad than good but are you saying that Zach Randolph hurt the development of Eric Gordon when he was in LAC? Did he hurt the development of Deandre Jordanwho start to come on late in the season? Did Randolph hurt Lee's development in NY? etc. etc. When people say he's going to hurt the young playersdevelopment, it seems to me they will do just fine once he's gone.

The Grizz had Darko for two years. Those two years went by very quickly and now he's gone. Last year went by quickly watching thedevelopment of OJ. The year before that Memphis got to see Rudy produce in his sophmore season.

And look at what you just wrote. When were the Grizzlies going to have a playoff team next season anyway? You clearly said how many more fans can take up 2more losing seasons. Well, it seems like whether we made the deal or not it would've been a losing situation right? Memphis wasn't going to go anywhereunless they added more talent onto the roster to fill the 4 spot and add a little more talent to their bench. So, signing Lee long term wouldn't haveautomatically made Memphis a playoff team. They would probably be in the same spot they will be in next season with Randolph if they did. That's allI'm getting at. People never thought Memphis would be going anywhere next year anyways, so why not add a player that fills a need to at least complete thestarting five for next season?

I still believe they will win more than 24 games next season too. I'm waiting to see who's going to bet against me.

I don't even put that on Wallace... That's on ownership... You gonna nix a $10M/year deal for someone like Lee or Millsap, then agree to pay $17M for the next two years for Randolph?
I don't put it on him either that's why I don't understand why people keep saying he's the worst GM ever. He's not the onemaking the moves in the first place. Its Heisley looking over him like he's his little child trying to guide him through every move.

that team is 100 times better then this one and the west is better now then it was then
That team was not 100 times better. I haven't even seen the final product of next year's team, and you actually believe that team wasbetter? That was the team Randolph kept killing Pau in the paint 4 games a season too.
laugh.gif
And they were getting the W.

I still believe they will win more than 24 games next season too. I'm waiting to see who's going to bet against me.

I'll give you that. They will win more than 24 games but if I had to guess, no more than 30.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

I'll give you that. They will win more than 24 games but if I had to guess, no more than 30.

30-35 is reasonable to me. An 8-10 game improvement is good and that's with their current roster. If they can add more to the team and fill a few moreneeds I would say 35 is definitely reachable.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

is this years team winning 50 games? HELL #%##*%+ NO and that team won 50 games
That team also got swept 3 straight seasons in the playoffs and had no type of perimeter play. Like you said the West is a lot better now than itwas back then.

I'm just ready for the season to start so I can see how much of an improvement OKC is going to make. I can probably bet that Memphis and OKC will haveclose to the same record next season. I'll give it a 3-5 game gap.

So in two years he can re enter the draft, or in 2 years Minny still holds his rights if he comes over?

Dallas has made an offer to Gortat as well

outacontrol music wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
Who took those pics of Shaq, playboy? They had to airbrush at least 30 lbs off dude for those.

Big man is in tremendous shape.

laugh.gif
Keep tellin yourself that.

It's July2nd , what do you think the odds are of him keeping off weight for the next 11 months? You know, with his impeccable track record.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom