NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I have a question.

What the hell is Detroit doing? Do they not realize that the biggest free agent class in history is NEXT season? Why are they throwing out 95 million dollars to Ben Gordon and Charlie V?
sick.gif
ohwell.gif

Why not suck next year, collect that lottery pick and have more money then anybody next year and no matter who they land, Bosh, Bron, Amary, Wade, Nash, Dirk, whatever whatever, they will be back in the mix in only 2 years? These deals make zero sense to me.

Getting out from an aging stars contract in Billups was a great move (cap wise), let Sheed walk, let Dyess go, try to hold on too Prince, Rip, and I guess Stuckey, and start to rebuild for next year.

Now? What's their plan? Win 35 games and get swept in the first round again? The hell?
It's definitely ******ed. BG and CV aren't going to do anything for them other than put them as a 6th, 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs.Locking those guys up for 5 years was extremely stupid. I guess Dumars lost his magic. Its about time for most of the top teams in the league to fall soonanyway.

Lets be real here

Prince > Ariza

It's really not that close at all.

Riley needs to start making some moves.

Dumars should have traded for Boozer. He only has one year on his contract and would have provided the post presence that they lacked.

?
Booz
Prince
Rip
Stuckey

It's not a championship contending team, but it sets them up better for next year and the future than Gordon and Villanueva.

According to The Memphis Edge

Several NBA sources have confirmed to me that controversial and wildly popular guard Allen Iverson - through representatives - has made the Grizzlies aware that he would like to play in Memphis.

The veteran, prolific scorer is a free agent for the first time in his professional career. While no deal is imminent and conversations have been only cursory, Griz brass are said to be internally weighing the pros and cons of possibly adding Iverson to the team's youth movement.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Several NBA sources have confirmed to me that controversial and wildly popular guard Allen Iverson - through representatives - has made the Grizzlies aware that he would like to play in Memphis.

The veteran, prolific scorer is a free agent for the first time in his professional career. While no deal is imminent and conversations have been only cursory, Griz brass are said to be internally weighing the pros and cons of possibly adding Iverson to the team's youth movement.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Shuges, brother, as I predicted, if this goes thru, is AI about winning? I said he would end up with the bobs, or Grizz then he ain't aboutwinning, he's about getting shots. He and ZBo would come to blows on that team, and they gonna DESTROY Mayo and Gay and Gasol.

Bad bad bad idea if they pursue him.
smh.gif

With the financial state of Michigan I assume they fear that attendance would not hold if they had to go through another season like last year, and like a lotof other GM's they don't think most of the stars in 2010 will be moving.

Not that I agree with paying two guys who are not franchise or all star level players 95 million dollars, but I can see how management might be scared intodoing something like this with the wasteland that Michigan has become.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

sick.gif

It's like Memphis is trying to personally torture me.

Goodness.

I bet the casual NBA fan in Memphis would be at most of the Grizzlies games if that trade happened. They were saying bring Conley off the bench and have alineup of:

Mayo
AI
Gay
Randolph
Thabeet

I would much rather bring AI off the bench if that happened, but at the same time I don't want to give AI no 3+ year deal either. I can guarentee you thatif they signed AI that they would be close to a playoff team. All that damn firepower. It might be ugly and disfuctional, but thats a lot of damn firepower. AIwill be able to coach OJ a little.
laugh.gif

How the hell does Memphis manage to possibly acquire the two players I detest the most in the NBA?

All they need now is to trade for James Posey and they would have the three players I hate the most in the NBA.

Unbelievable.

I bet the casual NBA fan in Memphis would be at most of the Grizzlies games if that trade happened. They were saying bring Conley off the bench and have a lineup of:

Mayo
AI
Gay
Randolph
Thabeet

I would much rather bring AI off the bench if that happened, but at the same time I don't want to give AI no 3+ year deal either. I canguarentee you that if they signed AI that they would be close to a playoff team. All that damn firepower. It might be ugly and disfuctional, but thats a lot of damn firepower. AI will be able to coach OJ a little.
laugh.gif
Yeah coach him.

*OJ walks to the bench*

AI: Why did you do that man?
grin.gif

OJ: Do what?
ohwell.gif

AI: Pass **#+$, why are you passing??
indifferent.gif

OJ: Well coach said run the play
ohwell.gif

AI: N %#*% the offense, Look here yungn if there is one thing I lernt in ll my years as an NBA player it's never pass to your teammates, %#*% them,it's all about YOU baby.
OJ: Really?
embarassed.gif

AI: Hell yeah and don't you forget it.
wink.gif

OJ: Thanks for all the advice AI, I always looked up man...
pimp.gif

AI: No prob, we goin to the skrip club tonight???
smokin.gif

OJ: We have practice tomorrow?
AI: PRACTICE?!!

Originally Posted by BangDak

bhz....you serious man.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Most of it was sarcasm, but he will put fans in the seats and sell tickets. That's a fact.

If Memphis can give him a 1-year deal over the MLE, he would probably take it. I'm surprised he would want to come to Memphis though.

*OJ walks to the bench*

grin.gif

ohwell.gif

indifferent.gif

ohwell.gif

AI: N %#*% the offense, Look here yungn if there is one thing I lernt in ll my years as an NBA player it's never pass to your teammates, %#*% them, it's all about YOU baby.
embarassed.gif

wink.gif

pimp.gif

smokin.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I bet the casual NBA fan in Memphis would be at most of the Grizzlies games if that trade happened. They were saying bring Conley off the bench and have a lineup of:

Mayo
AI
Gay
Randolph
Thabeet

I would much rather bring AI off the bench if that happened, but at the same time I don't want to give AI no 3+ year deal either. I canguarentee you that if they signed AI that they would be close to a playoff team. All that damn firepower. It might be ugly and disfuctional, but thats a lot of damn firepower. AI will be able to coach OJ a little.
laugh.gif
Yeah coach him.

*OJ walks to the bench*

grin.gif

ohwell.gif

indifferent.gif

ohwell.gif

AI: N %#*% the offense, Look here yungn if there is one thing I lernt in ll my years as an NBA player it's never pass to your teammates, %#*% them, it's all about YOU baby.
embarassed.gif

wink.gif

pimp.gif

smokin.gif

indifferent.gif
x
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
x
laugh.gif

But in all seriousness, a team with juice, AI, Rudy, and ZBO imo can contend for that 7-8th playoff spot. Or am I reaching
grin.gif

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Mayo
AI
Gay
Randolph
Thabeet

laugh.gif
Yeah coach him.

*OJ walks to the bench*

grin.gif

ohwell.gif

indifferent.gif

ohwell.gif

embarassed.gif

wink.gif

pimp.gif

smokin.gif

indifferent.gif
x
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
x
laugh.gif

But in all seriousness, a team with juice, AI, Rudy, and ZBO imo can contend for that 7-8th playoff spot. Or am I reaching
grin.gif
But at what cost?

Zach Randolph might die of alcohol poisoning after partying with AI, you really want OJ exposed to all of that?
laugh.gif

I would think Iverson would play here 2 or 3 years. Give the young core time to become seasoned NBA vets that know how to win and we will have a sucessfulfranchise with a lot of fans and respect. The Grizz can become a relevant playoff team and by the time Randolph and AI leave, the core will be ready to competeon its own and will continue to be a playoff team.

That team ain't goin to the playoffs. They would defend no one and would tear each other apart at some point.

I would think Iverson would play here 2 or 3 years. Give the young core time to become seasoned NBA vets that know how to win and we will have a sucessful franchise with a lot of fans and respect. The Grizz can become a relevant playoff team and by the time Randolph and AI leave, the core will be ready to compete on its own and will continue to be a playoff team.
That is the rosiest best case scenario dream fantasy land type situation, what the percentage of that happening and what is the percentage of AIand Zach Randolph being cancers and destroying the team from the inside.

Back
Top Bottom