NBA VS. NHL, Who would win in a fight?

KMart is playin with a broken finger and not even taping it.

Kobe and BRoy both had torn tendons on their shooting hands and never missed a game.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

who's the baddest dude in the NHL?
simonhalo.jpg

He's been out of the league (played in Russia last year), but he flat-out matches Ron Artest's insanity....

Originally Posted by CP1708

Kobe and BRoy both had torn tendons on their shooting hands and never missed a game.
broken fingers are the norm...even youth hockey players play with broken fingers. but whatever...like urk said, toughness and fighting aredifferent.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

who's the baddest dude in the NHL?
simonhalo.jpg

He's been out of the league (played in Russia last year), but he flat-out matches Ron Artest's insanity....

Got anyone that matches captain jack's?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

baddest dude in the NHL...if i had to pick one: Derek Boogaard maybe? ATFK and DoubleJs can add theirs.
tough to pick but the NHL has Pronger, Janssen, Lucic, Chara, Peters, Phaneuf, Bertuzzi, Tucker, Souray, Laraque, Tootoo, Belak, Rupp, Fritz, Orr,Ruutu, Carcillo, Cote, Godard, Shelley, Brashear.

All of these guys can take anybody in the NBA.

CP...there's no way in hell you can compare NBA "tough" to NHL "tough"...it's apples and oranges....here are a few examples:

Washington Capitals captain Chris Clark had not lost a tooth in 373 NHL games, an accomplishment for any hockey player, more impressive for one who spends the majority of his time battling in the corners.

But Clark's good fortune ran out in the waning seconds of Wednesday's game against Boston, when an errant puck knocked out two of his front teeth and crushed his palate bone.

Clark immediately raised his glove to his mouth. But play didn't stop, so neither did he. With a minute remaining in regulation, the score tied at 2 and the Bruins on the attack, the veteran right wing finished his shift.

"That's why he's captain," General Manager George McPhee said yesterday. "That's one of the most courageous things you'll see on the rink. So the next time someone has a runny nose, or feels under the weather and doesn't think they should play, that should make them think twice."

Clark, who plays on the first line with star Alex Ovechkin, missed two games, but he is expected to return tomorrow against the Atlanta Thrashers.

"There was no sense in laying on the ice," said Clark, who practiced with a cage attached to his helmet. "Laying on the ice wouldn't have made me feel any better. That's never been my way to do it. If it was the playoffs, I wouldn't have missed any time."

By the time the Capitals had lost, 3-2 in a shootout, Clark already was in the care of team dentist Thomas Lenz.

Because the puck was deflected off a stick and into Clark's open mouth, he was spared any injuries to his face. He doesn't wear a visor, which probably wouldn't have helped anyway. But the plastic mouth guard he wears blunted some of the puck's force.

Two of his top teeth are gone. Braces hold three others in place. His palate, meantime, was repaired with the aid of cadaver bone and a screw, inserted during three hours of surgery Thursday morning.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/20/AR2006112000988.html

& from last year....

*Boudreau said that defenseman Shaone Morrisonn played the past two weeks with broken jaw, which made it tough for him to eat. He also said Mike Green was hampered with hip pointer (suffered in Game 6) and a foot injury last game, and that Boyd Gordon had a torn hamstring in the playoffs

Boogaard, Laraque, Orr, Brasher, Parros, Hordichuk,Ivanans, Carcillo just a few
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Cote has to be one of toughest players in the NHL. Dude takes punches
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
I know less then zero about hockey other then goons and Syd andOvetchkininniii

But you talkin about tough guys and you show me a picture of a dude bleeding all over the ice?
laugh.gif

Couldn't you find a pic of him as a kid stealing milk money or something? I mean, come on.
laugh.gif

dudes goin on like NHL players are prize fighters an +++*
laugh.gif

just because fighting is allowed dont mean all of em on some balboa +++*
smh.gif
....i'd take NBA cause of the size and strength.

I mean Perk could probably murk a division on his own
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Kobe (yes, Kobe because dude would do anything to win)
You can't be serious with yours? Kobe would get knocked the ++@$ out quick fast
laugh.gif

on avg NHL > NBA but if you were to take the best of the best from each league I think it would be closer than most think

laugh.gif
I know less then zero about hockey
So how can you comment in this thread pretending like you know something if you don't know about any of the players or what physicalattributes are required in BOTH sports?

Originally Posted by Smedroc

laugh.gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
again, size and strength dont mean you can fight either...we've ALL seen the flailing arms in NBA tussles

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

laugh.gif
So how can you comment in this thread pretending like you know something if you don't know about any of the players or what physical attributes are required in BOTH sports?
laugh.gif

Why do people always bring up Bron when they're talking about fighting/toughness? Every time the guy gets tapped in the face he repeatedly checks his mouthfor blood for the next 5 possessions. Not to mention the time he collided with a ref, and the ref bounced right back up while Bron stayed down during an entiretimeout, and then didn't even come out of the game. He's soft.

And someone really mentioned Kobe? He couldn't even take Reggie Miller's frail *@$ in 2002.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Kobe (yes, Kobe because dude would do anything to win)
You can't be serious with yours? Kobe would get knocked the ++@$ out quick fast
laugh.gif
I'm dead serious. In another life, I'd bet he'd make a great MW ala Spider Silva.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

laugh.gif
So how can you comment in this thread pretending like you know something if you don't know about any of the players or what physical attributes are required in BOTH sports?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Based off what? The fact that he never smiles? Again...all hypothetical....

*off subject...I found it funny that Mo Williams was holding back tears while shooting FT's the other night for a 4 stitch cut...

also, how about when Steve Nash and Tony Parker ran into each other a few years back? Tony Parker is rolling around on the floor like he'd been shot. Meanwhile, you have Nash with a busted nose standing there, extending his hand to help Parker up, while he got the worst of the collision....you know exactlywhat nash was thinking in his head....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Based off what? The fact that he never smiles? Again...all hypothetical....

*off subject...I found it funny that Mo Williams was holding back tears while shooting FT's the other night for a 4 stitch cut...

also, how about when Steve Nash and Tony Parker ran into each other a few years back? Tony Parker is rolling around on the floor like he'd been shot. Meanwhile, you have Nash with a busted nose standing there, extending his hand to help Parker up, while he got the worst of the collision....you know exactly what nash was thinking in his head....
laugh.gif

big 4 stitcher, doublejs...give the man a break!
laugh.gif

You guys are kidding me with this nonsense size factor right? The taller they are the harder they fall. With that being said Tie Domi would knock the whole NBAout, and he is 5'10 retired. He is a nut

Originally Posted by Numberr97

You guys are kidding me with this nonsense size factor right? The taller they are the harder they fall. With that being said Tie Domi would knock the whole NBA out, and he is 5'10 retired. He is a nut
cosign. exactly who i was referring to when i said:

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif

kobe and bron? please....i'll find you a retired hockey player who can take both of them out
dude doesnt even have like the knuckle ridges anymore on his fist, its just like all flat from breaking them so much
laugh.gif

Lol at you guys thinking just cause NHL players fight means they can throw hands. Do you guys look at the fights in hockey? Helmets on half the fight,holding each others jerseys the entire fight, dudes fighting with gloves on. Hockey fights are nothing like a street fight you cant just throw a bunch of wildpunches like that lets see these lil dudes try fight that close to a guy who has a big size advantage and what you think is gonna happen? You guys saying sizedon't matter but even if I can't fight and I have some guy who is up to my chest grabbing on my shirt trying to punch me my first reaction is going tobe to pick up and slam his little %##. NBA would take this easily as a whole.

On average? NHL, easy.

Even if you're using somebody like Ben Wallace, Ron-Ron, whatever, I'd still take the NHL.

I just can't imagine any of those dudes giving up in a fight.

Knock out a few of their teeth? Break their hand? Break their jaw? They're still comin'.

Someone actually mentioned Kendrick Perkins?

Why, because dude's got a tiny mouth and a perpetual scowl?

Back
Top Bottom