NBC employee claims Bill Cosby paid off women, invited young models to dressing room.

I'm just giving u da method to da madness on a cultural relativism norm.

as for your question, see Mike Pence with not being alone with a woman.

some of this stuff is just old world formalities that's still around on da under current of contemporary Western culture, and alot more prevalent when you go overseas.
The issue here is y'all are arguing what she should have done acting like she is the only one who could have prevented this from happening. And another problem is that you think because this is how folks used to think doesn't mean it still needs to be applied to today's society. I don't think I need to use an example.
that's why i said cultural relativism.

anybody here gonna go to Muslim land and tell them how they operate with their woman doesn't suit ya word view?
Even still, you are using a few cultures to defend a general situation. I was told that a married man having drinks with a woman in a private setting has a 100% chance that it's going to end badly for the woman. Your response is in some societies it doesn't look good. That doesn't prove that claim

all funny until it happens to someone you love...i made a thread about my wife being assaulted and was amazed that so many other users knew somebody close to them that was assaulted...

but if you come in a thread where it is a celebrity that's being accused dudes make jokes towards the women..then the thread turns to false accusations...***** amazing
I read your story back then. Keep your head up man.

I'm just giving u da method to da madness on a cultural relativism norm.

as for your question, see Mike Pence with not being alone with a woman.

some of this stuff is just old world formalities that's still around on da under current of contemporary Western culture, and alot more prevalent when you go overseas.

The issue here is y'all are arguing what she should have done acting like she is the only one who could have prevented this from happening. And another problem is that you think because this is how folks used to think doesn't mean it still needs to be applied to today's society. I don't think I need to use an example.

that's why i said cultural relativism.

anybody here gonna go to Muslim land and tell them how they operate with their woman doesn't suit ya word view?

Even still, you are using a few cultures to defend a general situation. I was told that a married man having drinks with a woman in a private setting has a 100% chance that it's going to end badly for the woman. Your response is in some societies it doesn't look good. That doesn't prove that claim

no one here is using absolutisms to absolve culpability of a rapist, what's merely being articulated is da lack of situational awareness being expressed on a cultural context that would've mitigated alot of what subsequently happens because of unwritten societal norms.

no one here is using absolutisms to absolve culpability of a rapist, what's merely being articulated is da lack of situational awareness being expressed on a cultural context that would've mitigated alot of what subsequently happens because of unwritten societal norms.
I asked why somebody said there is absolutely no positive outcome to having drinks with a married man in a private setting. I'm not looking for a "in some cultures" answer. I'm asking why is there a 100% chance that there will be a negative outcome.

Now this isn't your question so if you can't answer it, cool I don't expect you to.

I asked why somebody said there is absolutely no positive outcome to having drinks with a married man in a private setting. I'm not looking for a "in some cultures" answer. I'm asking why is there a 100% chance that there will be a negative outcome.

Now this isn't your question so if you can't answer it, cool I don't expect you to.

that's fair, for da record i think 100% is a lil obscene :lol: but i do get da rumblings of da cultural context.

that's fair, for da record i think 100% is a lil obscene
laugh.gif
but i do get da rumblings of da cultural context.
Had he added any kinda qualifier "barely any" "little to none" "practically none" this convo would be elsewhere

I understand the cultural side of it. Meeting alone in a private setting with a married man looks bad for BOTH parties. There are few cultures that wouldn't have a problem with that but there are MANY platonic relationships that exist in both personal and business relationships.

Once you set the thought of a woman avoiding drinking alone with a man you have to then question other situations like should a woman feel comfortable at a bar where women are a minority? But ultimately it will still come back to why men don't have the same pressure applied to them to avoid attacking/raping women?

iamdef iamdef I would hear these excuses for the rapist often
"He couldn't resist" or "if she wasn't that attractive, he wouldn't have done it"

I too have seen it and back in high school I probably said something similar but I can't help but be disgusted now. It's an immature and ridiculous thought to blame somebody for someone else forcing themselves on them.

At times I hate to see women man-bash but I understand where it's coming from

I too have seen it and back in high school I probably said something similar but I can't help but be disgusted now. It's an immature and ridiculous thought to blame somebody for someone else forcing themselves on them.

At times I hate to see women man-bash but I understand where it's coming from
Yeah I'm not down with the man bashing, but when it comes to rape, it's a different story. We probably have said some real ignorant statements when we were young, but as we get older and talk to actual victims of rape, we realize how much victim blaming really hurts them and lets the disgusting people that did the crime off the hook.

Last edited:
Most of the time I let the man-bashing fly because most excuses I can use, although the guys in the this thread don't like the comparison, are far too similar to when people defend cops for killing unarmed men. "Not all men are the same" "There are good guys out there". Once I noticed that trend I stepped out of a lot of conversations.

Yeah I don't see how you speak to any victims of rape/assault and have anything but empathy. Can't see anyone hearing their story then going "well why were you there?".

You guys are arguing with a molester who justified Trump's sexual assaults with the following :

are we acting like da white house ain't been da slizzore house already? :lol:

all that tape did is to remind me to make sure i got cake at all times so i can pet [emoji]128049[/emoji] for a lonnnnnng time :pimp:
Damn ninja. Aint been in the political thread in a hot min.

Just when I thought you couldn't get any worse with race relations you leap right in to the pedophile pool :x :smh:

You guys are arguing with a molester who justified Trump's sexual assaults with the following :

all that tape did is to remind me to make sure i got cake at all times so i can pet [emoji]128049[/emoji] for a lonnnnnng time :pimp:

Just when I thought you couldn't get any worse with race relations you leap right in to the pedophile pool :x :smh:

what does Trump's "locker room talk" have to do with pedophilia? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

what does Trump's "locker room talk" have to do with pedophilia? [emoji]129300[/emoji]
Are you blanket grouping every sexual Trump comment as lockeroom talk?

Who in the lockeroom preying on little girls. Talking about when they get a little older?

Who hopes their toddler daughter gets their mother's boobs?

The **** Donald be on is a hop and skip away from Roman Polanski town.

But hey celebs defended him, got dudes in here reaching to defend Cosby any which way. Guess some ppl are just naturally more predisposed to being a scumbag lowlife and then hide all that **** behind "different opinions".

Last edited:

whats this slight of hand bull **** you trying to pull? that comment was referenced to da access Hollywood Trump tape that leaked, nothing more nothing less.

whats this slight of hand bull **** you trying to pull? that comment was referenced to da access Hollywood Trump tape that leaked, nothing more nothing less.
No slight of hand.

I got a completely different message when you talked about having cake at all time son that you can let ***** for a long time.
Who in the lockeroom preying on little girls. Talking about when they get a little older? .

So there wasn't a thread with dudes waiting for the Olsen twins to turn 18?
:x For real? The Olsen twins?

^ Dudes were counting down Kady too.

I may have been one of them [emoji]128064[/emoji]

But that first page of that Miley thread was pedo central.

I finally understand why people have been talking about "rape culture"

It finally hit me too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom