NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

My 5 minute theory? Sony never loved Community, but the tiny fanbase was rabid and NBC liked it, so they kept it on.

It's more popular now then when it was on after it blew up on Netflix, shocking probably most executives. So some executives (who never watched or barely remember the show) run racism risk assessment for all their streaming when the BLM protests are in full bloom.

They're scared that since people care about racism all of a sudden. Getting caught by the internet mob, because they come for your old 'problematic' properties will lower your market value, their resell value & get you labeled.

Someone shows an exec the pic of Chang and they're like...nope.

Then Donald & Dan say nothing, because they still have a movie to make and both have moved on to new bigger things, so that ain't the hill to die on.

But all the cowardice and political math makes everyone look stupid. It's not what they think it is and no one was coming for it.

Chappelle's Show is about to hit Netflix. Are they gonna censor 1/4 of it, because of racism & homophobia?

And to do it to a top 5 episode?

Streets behind. :smh:

Rant done. :lol:

I just started my first Office rewatch since I first watched. Think I’ll follow it with my first Community rewatch.

This thread being bumped is almost as disappointing as when the How To Make It In America thread is bumped every five years. :lol:

1661214108477.gif

what does a community movie even look like now or in the future? they are all still in community college???

what does a community movie even look like now or in the future? they are all still in community college???
Since it’s Hollywood and they been on the lazy/simplest path for a while now, def gon have something to do with a class reunion or coming together to “save” the school somehow…I wouldn’t expect much :lol: :smh:

Still bummed the Dungeon and Dragons episodes was removed. Good thing I still have the DVDs lol

Back
Top Bottom