NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

I hope the whole cartoon cutaway doesn't become a common occurrence. Seeing all the things Jeff loves in his "heart" was funny.. but when they did the apple thing and Chang's thought bubble, it just didn't do anything for me.

Over on Grantland’s sports blog, my friend and podcasting partner Chris Ryan has been diligently chronicling the roller-coastery ups and downs of the Denver Nuggets’ JaVale McGee. McGee, a power forward, is indisputably talented, yet often seems completely unable to harness his abilities, particularly within the framework of a professional basketball game — which, unfortunately, happens to be one of the more necessary attributes of a professional basketball player. McGee’s bumbling is often endearing and occasionally hilarious — to everyone, that is, except his befuddled teammates. And then there are days like Wednesday, days when JaVale McGee suddenly pulls it all together, dominating on the court and reminding his supporters why, exactly, they became so invested in him in the first place. With highs this high, sometimes wild inconsistency can be its own form of consistency.

Community, of course, is not JaVale McGee. (Although they both reside in Colorado and enjoy a good song now and again.) But JaVale’s unpredictable shifts from comedy to solemnity came to mind during last night’s uneven “Contemporary Impressionists.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I hope the whole cartoon cutaway doesn't become a common occurrence. Seeing all the things Jeff loves in his "heart" was funny.. but when they did the apple thing and Chang's thought bubble, it just didn't do anything for me.

I was getting vibes of Scrubs and I hate that show. This show seems weird now, I can't put my finger on it. Something is off. 

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

I was getting vibes of Scrubs and I hate that show. This show seems weird now, I can't put my finger on it. Something is off

I agree, although Scrubs is one of my favorite shows.

I loved Scrubs too (although it did get tiresome after awhile), so I don't mind the cartoony stuff in theory.. it's just that Community doesn't need to rely on it. Once every few episodes is cool, but multiple times each? You're better than that.

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

Originally Posted by DubA169

there are some crazy theories that Abed has been using the group as his puppets the whole time

that when he took that personality test he aced it right on purpose.

basically that he is faking it to use the group for his own benefit. like maybe making a movie.

pretty crazy stuff and not far fetched. just very dark

I hate theories like this. He's just a delusional, obsessed guy that's obsessed with pop culture and has Asperger's Syndrome . The show isn't that deep, it's just a smart clever (sometimes) comedy with unique characters and that's why I like it. The KoTH theories were the worst.
KoTH as in King of The Hill? Explain.
Just really really dumb theories. That Dale believes in all these conspiracy theories because he really knows Nancy and John Redcorn used to get it on all the time. He makes up all these theoeries to keep himself occupied and hopefully draw attention away from Nancy and John Redcorn. Bobby Hill died in one of the episodes and this is just how he envisioned life would be. Everyone ages but him is the explanation. Makes no sense whatsoever. 
The only one that comes closest to the truth is that Bill is Bobby's real dad. Hank has a narrow urethra and it took them forever to make Bobby. He also tried to have another kid in the start of season 2 but couldn't do it. Bill's obsession over Peggy isn't normal, he always hangs with her when Hank is away and she can't stand to have him around(but who could?) But her hate is unusual, like she is embarrassed when he's around. It seems like it can be true but I still don't buy it. Bobby looks like Cotton and is the only person Cotton actually likes.

Reminds me how much I love this show man. I only have 2 seasons left before I've saw them all. The show is written so well, the characters are more developed than 90% of shows (live action and animation), and Texas is a perfect setting. I can't believe Cleveland Show took it's place. Would've been nice to watch some new KoTH after some FG and AD. 

Originally Posted by DubA169

there are some crazy theories that Abed has been using the group as his puppets the whole time

that when he took that personality test he aced it right on purpose.

basically that he is faking it to use the group for his own benefit. like maybe making a movie.

pretty crazy stuff and not far fetched. just very dark

I hate theories like this. He's just a delusional, obsessed guy that's obsessed with pop culture and has Asperger's Syndrome . The show isn't that deep, it's just a smart clever (sometimes) comedy with unique characters and that's why I like it. The KoTH theories were the worst.

Just really really dumb theories. That Dale believes in all these conspiracy theories because he really knows Nancy and John Redcorn used to get it on all the time. He makes up all these theoeries to keep himself occupied and hopefully draw attention away from Nancy and John Redcorn. Bobby Hill died in one of the episodes and this is just how he envisioned life would be. Everyone ages but him is the explanation. Makes no sense whatsoever. 
The only one that comes closest to the truth is that Bill is Bobby's real dad. Hank has a narrow urethra and it took them forever to make Bobby. He also tried to have another kid in the start of season 2 but couldn't do it. Bill's obsession over Peggy isn't normal, he always hangs with her when Hank is away and she can't stand to have him around(but who could?) But her hate is unusual, like she is embarrassed when he's around. It seems like it can be true but I still don't buy it. Bobby looks like Cotton and is the only person Cotton actually likes.

Reminds me how much I love this show man. I only have 2 seasons left before I've saw them all. The show is written so well, the characters are more developed than 90% of shows (live action and animation), and Texas is a perfect setting. I can't believe Cleveland Show took it's place. Would've been nice to watch some new KoTH after some FG and AD. 

GOOD GOLLY MOLLY 
eek.gif

Wait Bobby Hill is dead 
eek.gif

man i slept on community hard ive recently caught up with all the episodes and i must say this show is genius 

my favorite eps so far 

contemporary american poultry, advanced dungeons and dragons, remedial chaos theory, and any of the paintball eps(hope they do one this season, they should invade city college and ruin their school that would be great
laugh.gif
)

GOOD GOLLY MOLLY 
eek.gif

welp, now I can never watch the show the same again.

Regardless of all these theories or whatever, Community is by far my favorite show on television now, with The Walking Dead & Top Gear in second and third.

KOTH theories wow I don't member any of that and I watched the series when it was going on

But bill would have let that secret slip.

Those theories don't fit in the Realistic world of KOTH. but community has always been whacked out and meta.

What's good with the increase in animation usage in community? (chang thought bubble, apple ego, etc.)

I was disappointed in the last episode.

I was getting vibes of Scrubs and I hate that show. This show seems weird now, I can't put my finger on it. Something is off. 

laugh.gif
Glad I'm not alone.

Man great stuff on the KoTH theories...didn't know that at all.

But yeah, Community is not all that funny anymore. To me, it's a one and done show.

AVC: What are some things coming up in the second half of the season that you’re particularly excited about? 

GJ: Well, let’s see. It’s so hard to remember what I’m allowed to say to you, and what I’m not. [Laughs.] I don’t wanna get in trouble for saying too much. There’s a two-parter in there that I think is gonna be pretty great. That’s not the season finale. There’s kind of a doppelgänger episode that I think is pretty great; a Law & Order episode that I thought was really well done. Gosh, see, we shoot them, and then I forget them. It’s also like, I haven’t seen any of them since we shot them, so there’s whole sections of all these episodes that I have very little awareness of, ’cause if I’m not in the scene, then I have no idea what it looks like or how it came out. I’m just going based on the table reads for some of these. 

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by miamib30514

What's good with the increase in animation usage in community? (chang thought bubble, apple ego, etc.)

I was disappointed in the last episode.
I was wondering this as well. I LOVE the show, but I thought it was mad corny when they put something like "literally 2 minutes later."

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Jeff has now kissed everyone in the group
Gifs? Vids?
nerd.gif

I don't remember him kissing Pierce. Guessing Chang doesn't count
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Jeff has now kissed everyone in the group
Gifs? Vids?
nerd.gif

I don't remember him kissing Pierce. Guessing Chang doesn't count
laugh.gif
he means all the girls in the group...shirley kiss was in the latest episdoe after he turned into the hulk 
laugh.gif

Dude wasted a really good beat and hook
laugh.gif
but cool, he a real fan to even make that song. Vocals needed to be louder and clearer though.

I really enjoyed tonight's episode, considering we'll see the part 2 of the blanket vs. pillow fort next week. It didn't have a dozen jokes a minute, but still a solid episode overall.

Jeff slightly redeeming himself about being so inconsiderate, then immediately forgetting who Kim was
laugh.gif

Britta falling in love with Subway and the line "I love 1984, I think kids should be forced to read it" is a perfect line.
Pierce drinking ink throughout the episode... then the Subway owner being unable to get up from the table after listening to the tape
laugh.gif
then everyone's confusion as to why

I'm glad the Troy and Abed relationship didn't go right back to normal and they're going up against one another tonight and next episode. Both sides breaking out into a fight/riot should be great.

Back
Top Bottom