NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

Good ep.

Had my laughs even though I hate the freaky friday concept. I use to say why are tv eps and movies still made with this premise it's so awful? This ep mocking and parodying it was worth it.

Don't really like ending Britta and Troy, mostly because they've had a good chemistry building to it... but I'm impressed at how they ended it.

The body swap premise could have been done really poorly, but it fit within the logic of the show and seeing Troy and Abed do impressions of each other was great. We didn't get some drawn out Winger speech, but it was to the point and impactful.

The Dean pretending to be Jeff was great, as was Annie responding to it :lol: It was capped off perfectly by the Dean repeating "Having Jeffrey inside of me" And Jim Rash wrote tonight's episode.

The tag was great too with Troy and Abed doing their outtakes and the Dean even participating.

A very good episode for the show... not just for this season either.

Great episode!

Britta has really grown into my favorite character. Dean has been extremely ayo this season :lol:

troy's impression of abed was perfect, abed on the other hand seemed too forced..

either way, great episode.

I also thought Troy as Abed was more believable than Abed as Troy.

Dean as Jeff was even funnier to me. Him motioning as though he were texting was comical.

Annie looked downright delectable in that shirt.

Episode delivered.

Last edited:
The way Annie was responding to the Dean was the best part. Jim did a good job writing and directing the episode.

Troy as Abed>>Abed as Troy it reminded me of the halloween episode where pierce was being robbed by troy and abed in the cabin

abed's troy was off. he was doing a hint of ebonic slang in there when troy doesnt even talk like that. and he could have used his mouth and eyes a little more troyish. lolwut nh.

good episode. that inside of me banter was good. and i actually like pierce on the team. his one liners add a little beef to the episode. not the same without him.

it's sad how hard this show has fallen off. Watched Thursday's episode and it was just so average. The writing is crap, lack of jokes, Community has run it's course. Time to graduate.

I caught the newest ep...and it was...awesome? Hilarious from beginning to end? One of my favorite episodes of the last couple seasons?

I thought Abed's Troy was good, but we've seen him act normal before. Troy's Abed, though. :wow: :rofl: :nthat:

I don't really know what to do with these feels, so I'm gonna just go back to thinking the show died when Harmon got fired. :nerd:....Yeah. :lol:

Last edited:
laugh.gif
at the origin of POP POP.

episode was good, annie and britta still looked good.

Nice to see Natasha Leggero (as the stripper) :pimp:

HS Troy "I drink your milkshake, that will never get old" :lol:

The origin of Magnitude's pop pop

Troy "You were out there somewhere and you weren't looking for me?" :lol:

If I'm not mistaken, I thought I heard Simple MInds "Don't you forget about me" from The Breakfast Club, which was a nice touch

Another great Troy line, "Because the crystal skull was an alien, so a pretty great movie"

The fake Pierce was just terrible. I get they wanted to show he was there too, but yikes...

As for their origins being connected, I don't mind it. It had it's moments, and despite Shirley being a terrible person and blaming Jeff for her husband cheating, I liked most of it.

Chang dropping the plot and just wanting to be accepted as a nice touch.

I'm unsure of the Darkest Timeline returning. I like it in theory, but it's definitely something I only trust with Harmon

I really liked the idea of this ep and managed to stretch in to me liking the overall ep. It was okay but I felt they could've fit a bit more jokes in there.

Man, not only is this the season finale, but may be the last episode ever :frown:

NBC is cleaning up shop today. They cancelled 4 shows within the last hour or so (Up All Night, Guys with Kids, Whitney and 1600 Penn). Which leaves (Go On, Community and The New Normal) awaiting their fates.

Go On will get renewed, while the New Normal looks to be on the out.

I'm 60/40 on the show getting renewed. NBC can't cancel everything, another season even at 13 episodes will make it a better syndicated show, and the fanbase is devoted despite it's size.

I also think the new showrunners will do a better job than this season, they've had some really solid episodes and I think they can improve next season.

Man, not only is this the season finale, but may be the last episode ever :frown:

NBC is cleaning up shop today. They cancelled 4 shows within the last hour or so (Up All Night, Guys with Kids, Whitney and 1600 Penn). Which leaves (Go On, Community and The New Normal) awaiting their fates.

All of those deserved to be cancelled. I'll be glad with 2 more season from Community

This is kinda cool...right?...yeah...:nerd:...sure.... :lol:

Evil Annie in the red dress, tho. :evil:

Last edited:
I thought Jeff was going to be in the Dreamatorium.. But yeah, this worked for me.

The darkest timeline could have been butchered but they handled it well

I thought I saw the pattern of the Dreamatorium when Jeff teleported into the real timeline, so that's why I thought he and Abed were pretending. It seemed easy to have it all in Jeff's head, but they couldn't have made it actually real. Or maybe they could have, I don't know :lol:

For an episode, there were a good amount of jokes. The dean's graduation gown, Troy forgetting the soda "Must I bear this cross forever!" :lol: The Cape season 3 existing... Chang yelling "friendship" when he got hit

We had the meta jokes "We finally found a way to make paintball cool again"... Pierce saying how it was just Christmas yet now it's warm :lol:

Annie looked amazing in that red dress :pimp:

Jeff's final speech was heartfelt and short and sweet. The last bit around the table felt a bit flat as they were making sure if they got renewed they had an excuse for Jeff still hanging around :lol: I don't know how I would have ended it, so that's not a huge issue.

I hope this isn't the last of the show because there's been enough positive episodes or ideas to warrant another 13 episodes. This season wasn't as terrible as I feared and it wasn't as different as I might have hoped. They held on to the spirit of Community with theme episodes and high concept stuff, but without Harmon you just can't replicate that. If they didn't try those things, people would say Community isn't the same and they turned their back on their fans... but when trying and failing, then you just seem like cheap imitators. I think a happy medium of making it a "friends hangout show" and the occasional nod to the weird and wacky Community would be a solid 5th season.

If it's the final episode, I'll miss it tremendously.

It's like...they figured out how to make a real show again. Which is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I don't care who got fired, how do you get hired by a network and not be able to figure out consistent lighting and blocking or even how to tell a joke.

They were the 2010-11 Cavs at the start of the season, but now it just seems like an okay, weird show with characters that are more good than they are funny. I don't think I'd really call it a comedy anymore. Any upbeat show is as funny as this Community. But I guess now it's not bad. It just kinda is. Or was. I'd sorta wanna see another season?

Wonderful episode. Going to need pics of Annie in that dress too. But yeah, I'd be pretty upset of this is the final episode.

Dean had me :rofl: the whole episode.

deeean dean dean dean deeean deean...... deeean dean de deeeeean

*crash

"CATHERINE! Do not even TELL me you dropped that cake!" :lol:

I really hope it's not the end :frown:

I actually liked guys with kids and Whitney. But everything I like seems to be canceled at some point.

Thought the episode was super cool.

Annie....GOOD LAAAWWWDDD!!!

I really hope it's not the end but I do wonder if most of the fans outside of this forum like it w/o Dan not as head writer.

Isn't USA network under NBC what about them picking it up?

Back
Top Bottom