Need Basketball Shoe with Great Forefoot Cushioning

I've balled in my Kobe 6s for a while (4 months) and I've that I have a forefoot pain and I feel its more fatique then any other part of my foot. I'm pretty certain that its the lack of cushioning (damn MET bag) in the Kobe 6s that causing it. Also my knees ache like crazy after the kobe 6s. The lebron 8s (v1, v2, v3 sucks) were better but I prefer that zoom air feeling.

I am 5' 9" and weigh around 175-180. I am a slasher but my steps are very heavy and I drive off the balls of my foot like crazy, I literally plant every step like I'm trying to run someone over. I dont care if its low, mid, or high top. I'd prefer it to be a lighter weight shoe. Any shoes out there within these 2 years that has great forefoot cushioning (don't really care about heel cushioning much).

I'm leaning towards the hyperfuse or the KD3s. But I'm not sure of the size of those zoom bags in the forefoot (I'd prefer a full forefoot bag).Good Traction is also a must as I cut and plant really hard. Any suggestions and tips would be most appreciated.

I've balled in my Kobe 6s for a while (4 months) and I've that I have a forefoot pain and I feel its more fatique then any other part of my foot. I'm pretty certain that its the lack of cushioning (damn MET bag) in the Kobe 6s that causing it. Also my knees ache like crazy after the kobe 6s. The lebron 8s (v1, v2, v3 sucks) were better but I prefer that zoom air feeling.

I am 5' 9" and weigh around 175-180. I am a slasher but my steps are very heavy and I drive off the balls of my foot like crazy, I literally plant every step like I'm trying to run someone over. I dont care if its low, mid, or high top. I'd prefer it to be a lighter weight shoe. Any shoes out there within these 2 years that has great forefoot cushioning (don't really care about heel cushioning much).

I'm leaning towards the hyperfuse or the KD3s. But I'm not sure of the size of those zoom bags in the forefoot (I'd prefer a full forefoot bag).Good Traction is also a must as I cut and plant really hard. Any suggestions and tips would be most appreciated.

Does anyone know if the 2010 hyperfuse or the 2011 hyperfuse has a full forefoot zoom bag? Please post source if possible.

Does anyone know if the 2010 hyperfuse or the 2011 hyperfuse has a full forefoot zoom bag? Please post source if possible.

I agree with the previous post. The hyperfuse 2011 are one of the best ballin' shoes. I own a pair. Also, any jordan jumpman shoe is pretty underrated they have very good quality.

I agree with the previous post. The hyperfuse 2011 are one of the best ballin' shoes. I own a pair. Also, any jordan jumpman shoe is pretty underrated they have very good quality.

i say go with the KD3 i have a pair and i love em! cant beat the value either and i must say the zoom bag is pretty healthy. id also recomend getting a pair of elite socks because some people say the heel material irritates their achilles tendon but ive never had any problems. also the elite socks have extra cushioning on the ball of the foot so it should add more cushioning for where you need it most

i say go with the KD3 i have a pair and i love em! cant beat the value either and i must say the zoom bag is pretty healthy. id also recomend getting a pair of elite socks because some people say the heel material irritates their achilles tendon but ive never had any problems. also the elite socks have extra cushioning on the ball of the foot so it should add more cushioning for where you need it most

jordan 2010. I've balled in them and it probably has the best forefoot cushioning I have experienced in a shoe.

jordan 2010. I've balled in them and it probably has the best forefoot cushioning I have experienced in a shoe.

Originally Posted by EMM23

I'll co-sign on that! Cushioning is second to none.

Originally Posted by EMM23

I'll co-sign on that! Cushioning is second to none.

just to clear this up
the only shoes with the smaller forefoot zoom air unit are the kobe 5 and 6. other than that you don't have to worry. all other shoes when it says zoom in the forefoot have a full width zoom bag.

i'd recommend the air jordan 2010, and 2011.
q flights and a flights
zoom bb 1 and 2 hightop version only because the low top version only has zoom in the heel.
fly wade 2
AJ xiv
XX3
foamposite one/pro
anything with full length zoom or full length air will do well

just to clear this up
the only shoes with the smaller forefoot zoom air unit are the kobe 5 and 6. other than that you don't have to worry. all other shoes when it says zoom in the forefoot have a full width zoom bag.

i'd recommend the air jordan 2010, and 2011.
q flights and a flights
zoom bb 1 and 2 hightop version only because the low top version only has zoom in the heel.
fly wade 2
AJ xiv
XX3
foamposite one/pro
anything with full length zoom or full length air will do well

I tried the hyperfuse 2011 low on yesterday (went to buy) but the toe box dug into the top of my foot every step I took.  Anyone else have issues?  Will this break in?  It was pretty painful.

I tried the hyperfuse 2011 low on yesterday (went to buy) but the toe box dug into the top of my foot every step I took.  Anyone else have issues?  Will this break in?  It was pretty painful.

Also consider that Zoom air might not be right for you. I have trouble with forefoot pain on some zoom air shoes because the cushioning is too soft, not from the impact of bottoming out, but from pushing off on the zoom bag cushioning that's not firm enough for my foot. You may want to try foam based cushioning as there are great shoes out there with responsive foam.

Also consider that Zoom air might not be right for you. I have trouble with forefoot pain on some zoom air shoes because the cushioning is too soft, not from the impact of bottoming out, but from pushing off on the zoom bag cushioning that's not firm enough for my foot. You may want to try foam based cushioning as there are great shoes out there with responsive foam.

Back
Top Bottom