Need help buying HDTV's for GAMING..

bc

I purchased an Hitachi LCD without doing much research and while the picture is amazing, the response time was slow (like down to milliseconds) and it was really throwing me off. Might not matter to most people but I play quite often and felt like I was at a disadvantage with this lower response time. I did some research today and I found that plasmas have a better response time for gaming.

So could anyone suggest any plasma HDTV's in the $400-$600 range?

I purchased an Hitachi LCD without doing much research and while the picture is amazing, the response time was slow (like down to milliseconds) and it was really throwing me off. Might not matter to most people but I play quite often and felt like I was at a disadvantage with this lower response time. I did some research today and I found that plasmas have a better response time for gaming.

So could anyone suggest any plasma HDTV's in the $400-$600 range?

I'd wait too, prices are supposed to be dropping for flat screen TVs not just for Black friday, but they should be dropping going into Christmas. I know with gaming monitors, response time is good, though there's not really a noticable difference between a 5ms response time and let's say 10ms or 20ms, so don't try to go for the lowest response time. also refresh times anything over 60hz in fine.

I'd wait too, prices are supposed to be dropping for flat screen TVs not just for Black friday, but they should be dropping going into Christmas. I know with gaming monitors, response time is good, though there's not really a noticable difference between a 5ms response time and let's say 10ms or 20ms, so don't try to go for the lowest response time. also refresh times anything over 60hz in fine.

Black Friday's TVs are sub-par !*+$ from last season they need to get rid of. It's not that uncommon to cop good TVs for cheap or a nice discount. With that said, LCD > Plasma for gaming. With your price range and size, LG or Sharp.

Black Friday's TVs are sub-par !*+$ from last season they need to get rid of. It's not that uncommon to cop good TVs for cheap or a nice discount. With that said, LCD > Plasma for gaming. With your price range and size, LG or Sharp.

Vizio
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

play my PS3 on nothing but a vizio $@@$ is on point compared to the other T.v.'s i played on
pimp.gif

not sluggish at all

Vizio
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

play my PS3 on nothing but a vizio $@@$ is on point compared to the other T.v.'s i played on
pimp.gif

not sluggish at all

Originally Posted by SamDUH562

Vizio
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

not sluggish at all

Originally Posted by SamDUH562

Vizio
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

not sluggish at all

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Response times on Monitors >>>> TV

Originally Posted by donpoppa

I wouldn't recommend anything over a 37in for FPS gaming.

both of these are correct.

i'd evens ay 37" is too big. i'd go for 32".

im in the market for a tv, my vizio died last night.

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Response times on Monitors >>>> TV

Originally Posted by donpoppa

I wouldn't recommend anything over a 37in for FPS gaming.

both of these are correct.

i'd evens ay 37" is too big. i'd go for 32".

im in the market for a tv, my vizio died last night.

Back
Top Bottom