Netflix's Last Chance U (Season 3 Out Now)

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

via wiki:
This Netflix original series follows college football teams that aren't major programs and don't get much national attention. After a couple seasons of profiling recruits at East Mississippi Community College, which has won several NJCAA national titles, the reality series shifts its focus to Independence Community College. The Kansas school doesn't have the same type of gridiron pedigree as EMCC -- it's trying to rebound from more than a decade of losses -- but the players are dealing with many of the same challenges that the EMCC squad faced -- both on and off the field.

Anybody watched this? I enjoyed both seasons even though Buddy was annoying. Ive randomly caught some recent games that some of these dudes who transferred to D1 played on tv. Domt think any have made impacts on any top schools though.

:lol: @ all the buildup in the first episode and then getting absolutely obliterated.

And Malik Henry seems like a complete d-bag.

I’m watching season one. I didn’t know this show was this good. Some of these dudes are slow.

I’m watching season one. I didn’t know this show was this good. Some of these dudes are slow.
Most :smh:

Couldn’t bring myself to continue watching after a couple episodes of season 2. All that talent and they really be bugged out.

Irritating as hell; especially if you ever played sports at a younger age and dreamed to be in the position that some of these kids were in.

The coach is the real life version of Kenny Powers. The similarities of their speech is uncanny. :lol:

Couldn’t bring myself to continue watching after a couple episodes of season 2. All that talent and they really be bugged out.

Irritating as hell; especially if you ever played sports at a younger age and dreamed to be in the position that some of these kids were in.
It really is sad. Some of these dudes say cringe worthy stuff. I feel sorry for some of these dudes.
Ronald Oliver is a cry baby.

Coach is trash. Bruh is only good at recruiting and never knows what's going on. Was really hoping that one coach put the paws on him. He a corny dude that thinks he's hard because he's a white guy from Compton. Singles people out when they lose but takes all the credit when they win. He really believes all of his own BS.

Only on episode 6 and here's how I feel so far:
That teacher is nice and thick. I wouldn't mind hitting that from the back after a session of tutoring.

Malik is the definition of a light skin cat. Dude acts like a diva. I have to put that blame on his father though. Dude been pushed from school to school to the point where he hasn't had a chance to develop people skills.

Speaking of divas, most of these kids on the team act like divas all because they had a chance to sit on the bench of an elite school. You would think that they got some quality playing time at these Florida State type schools with the egos they have.

Don't want to touch on the academics side of things because that's beyond sad. I can't fault nobody but their parents for that.

Love the coach a lot better than the guy from the first two seasons because he seems more down to earth based on where he grew up. His upbringing allows him to understand the kids a lot better than the other coach ever will.

Only thing I really hate is that the show is no longer in my state, Mississippi. It felt good to have something to call our own.

It really is sad. Some of these dudes say cringe worthy stuff. I feel sorry for some of these dudes.
Ronald Oliver is a cry baby.

But the reality is that's exactly how it is. So many dudes with talent cant/wont even do the minimum that gets them by to stay eligible in order to live out their dream. Academically its honestly just sad and you can tell in HS they didnt have to do anything to get through. I appreciate the teacher and her wanting to help. I loved the part when she was explaining how the south will come out :lol:

EMCC would wax tf out of theese Independence dudes. Idk who is more annoying Buddy or Jason Brown

Somebody need to pull up on the soft as QB... and how did you not recruit a backup. You literally have no shot at ever benching the FSU reject cuz the backup is buns.

Malik Henry from FSU is a ban. Dude is arrogant and runs his mouth too much and thinks he knows everything. I would hate to coach him.

Couldn’t make up my mind on the coach. I don’t think anything he said or did was malicious. His heart is in the right place. He turned that program around in a blink. Not a fake dude. I think his players admire that. Did seem extremely unorganized.

Malik Henry was impossible to like.

Their backup QB was terrible.

Rakeem Boyd is an NFL talent.

Bobby Bruce is wild. Hits anything that moves. Easy to root for.

Couldn’t believe the living situation for the QB coach. Living in a glorified jail cell. Working for free. Getting treated like a doormat.

Addicting show overall. Loved all 3 seasons. I wonder if a JUCO basketball series could work.

Last edited:
Couldn’t make up my mind on the coach. I don’t think anything he said or did was malicious. His heart is in the right place. He turned that program around in a blink. Not a fake dude. I think his players admire that. Did seem extremely unorganized.

Malik Henry was impossible to like.

Their backup QB was terrible.

Rakeem Boyd is an NFL talent.

Bobby Bruce is wild. Hits anything that moves. Easy to root for.

Couldn’t believe the living situation for the QB coach. Living in a glorified jail cell. Working for free. Getting treated like a doormat.

Addicting show overall. Loved all 3 seasons. I wonder if a JUCO basketball series could work.

Nope.

The basketball farming system for talent is way different from football. Even if you’re an elite football talent you have to do 3 years in college. D1 schools are still recruiting those JUCO kids heavily in football. I’m not sure that type of talent would equivalently exist in basketball JUCO programs.

If the light skin QB from this season was someone that played basketball and was rated just as high as he was coming out of highschool the basketball player would be in the NBA already. Even if they were a **** up.

Back
Top Bottom