Nets 10-11 Pre-season- Haifa Oct 3 at THE ROCK/VC3FAN Life rant. lol

ok, I was going to do this yesterday after the practice and before the loss today (Great defense guys) but my girlfriend spent the night so this was not important. I'll post the picks in the next post so give me a second since my mac goes nuts on niketalk threads.

nz5b0y.jpg

6eek28.jpg

vopnrb.jpg

2ihsg2b.jpg

w6zazt.jpg

eiupdy.jpg

e807yg.jpg

10ylxtx.jpg

156bzbr.jpg

Nice.

Can't wait for this season.

Devin
Lee
Hayes
Yi
Brook

I hope we can trade Skip and Battie's expiring contracts for some nice pieces or just cut Skip if he starts to act up.

well my iphone was all I had.

I have many cameras my man.

Dont need A new one but thanks for your opinion. I'll keep that in mind........

Anyway

yeah Sneak, that looks to be the lineup this year. But CDR is coming on strong and Twill will replace Jarvis at some point.

Simmons is also shooting the ball extremely well and looks in shape, Contract year for his 12 million dollar worthless contract this year and thats it for him.He has impressed me though so far. (That took a lot for me to say that)

Was there too... had a lot of fun.

Skip played real well, he surprised me out there. CDR did real good, so did TWill.

The happy birth day song
laugh.gif
smh.gif

My contribution -

33lh24o.jpg

2qx4apc.jpg

30v1uo0.jpg

k483a1.jpg

1z19w02.jpg

1yrhah.jpg

As for the game today, Lopez, CDR, & TWill (2nd half) all did good.

Defense needs to be there more, but it's still the 1st preseason game.

Yi took it to the basket, which was a good thing to see. He didn't finish on a lot of them, but he took it strong, somethign that we didn't see a wholelot of last year. We'll take it one step at a time, atleast he's showing improvement.

capt.ef5e341eced14352bb9ad02b9b2bd5ed.nets_knicks_basketball_nymg113.jpg

capt.878ab4cdc641469f898e486c73e4a5ca.nets_knicks_basketball_nymg110.jpg

capt.3b7aac8bdea444e2970fc71afc45d8c5.nets_knicks_basketball_nymg108.jpg

Wow looks like Yi put on some muscle. Wonder if that'll translate to any sort of post game this season.

Yi Returning to China for Mini-Olympics

October 4, 2009, 6:20 pm

Details must still be worked out-and the Nets expect him back for Opening Night, but it looks like Yi Jianlian will return to his homeland for the All-ChinaGames, reports the Star-Ledger. Yi will play for Guangdong, his old Chinese team, in the Games-China's national Olympics. The Nets seem satisfied with hisprogress. Yi says he needs to "show everybody that I'm better from last season. That I've changed".

Yi did work on his post game and had a nice little hook shot.

He does still tend to go to the outside though to shoot which was not going to happen as much but it will come in due time.

I kinda have a change of heart just because of the work he put in this summer with Yao out for the olympic team in china.

He will really need to be that third guy.

Also, why has no one really hyped the 19 points brook put in the first half alone?

Him and Devin killed on the pick and roll. We lost to the Knicks by 8 by that score ddue to garbage time. When the starters and role players were still outthere, it was still a 5 point game. in the 4th with like 8 left.

Yeah the defense was bad but it was the first pre-season game. No one is going to held to 60 points in a pre-season game.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Also, why has no one really hyped the 19 points brook put in the first half alone?
You said it yourself, the defense. And the Knicks defense of all teams.

Did Celtics Offer Rondo for Harris?

October 5, 2009, 11:08 am

ESPN's Chris Sheridan reports Rod Thorn had an interesting offer from Danny Ainge this sumer. Ainge admits discussing "possible [Rajon] Rondo tradeswith other teams early in the offseason," Sheridan writes. "One proposal that was floated but never gained traction was a multiplayer deal that wouldhave included Devin Harris". No details. Harris' contract runs til 2013. Rondo will be a restricted free agent in 2010.

THANK GOD ROD SAID NO!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly don't see any championships ever on any team with Harris as a centerpiece. I'd take rondo over Harris to be frank. Yeah Harris is a greattalent and the superior offensive player, but I'll take a very well rounded, hustling, rebounding, intelligent, running offense capable, and very welldefending point guard over a chucker who likes looking at his stats and couldn't defend Tom Arnold.

Nets' Williams chases another long reboundBy FRED KERBER

Last Updated: 7:01 AM, October 6, 2009

Posted: 2:00 AM, October 6, 2009

The Nets happily grabbed Sean Williams with the 17th pick in the 2007 draft, looking beyond his checkered history and seeing Rodman-like potential in the6-foot-10 jumping-jack forward with the flexible, shot-blocking wingspan.

Now, as he prepares for his third pro season, Williams is playing for his NBA career. The Nets have until Oct. 31 to pick up Williams' contract option andit is likely, almost certain, they will pass. His contributions and potential have been overshadowed by a perceived laissez-faire attitude and a series of baddecisions that landed him, among other places, in anger management classes.

NETS BLOG

"Everybody knows I have the skills to be effective as a player, but they worry about my professionalism," said Williams, who is second -- second! --in seniority on the Nets behind Josh Boone. "A lot of other people worry if I can be a professional on and off the court. They're asking, 'Is heaccountable and responsible?' And I'm trying to focus on that.

"Getting ready for my third year, I'm going to take the experience I've had in the past and build on it," Williams added in his mostpolitically correct tone. "I just want to fit in and help this team any way I can to get to our goals."

Above all, Williams wants "consistency," something the Nets have sought since he came out of Boston College, where he had been thrown off thebasketball team for marijuana offenses. The Nets gambled, and though there have been flashes of his ability -- like eight blocks in one game as a rookie --there haven't been enough. At the open scrimmage on Saturday, he outplayed Yi Jianlian. On Sunday, in the preseason opener, he fouled out in 14 minutes.

"He's actually played very well," team president Rod Thorn said. "Last year, he played pretty good. This year, he's played the bestI've ever seen him play. [Saturday] he was fantastic."

But Williams' pre-Season Three surge probably will not be enough to sway the Nets to keep him. They first recall him being arrested in phone store insuburban Denver or his utterly unacceptable behavior when he was dispatched to the D-League. Essentially, Williams has two strikes and is facing a Marianocutter.

"The only thing I'm trying to concentrate on is proving myself as a professional in this league," said Williams, who is seeking a backupforward-center job with the Nets. "I like this team. I know I'm a good person and every day I try to get better. That translates to everything in yourlife when you're trying to be a better, positive person."

fred.kerber@nypost.com

print email share
buzz digg reddit fark it facebook rss The Nets happily grabbed Sean Williams with the 17th pick in the 2007 draft, looking beyond his checkered history andseeing Rodman-like potential in the 6-foot-10 jumping-jack forward with the flexible, shot-blocking wingspan.

Now, as he prepares for his third pro season, Williams is playing for his NBA career. The Nets have until Oct. 31 to pick up Williams' contract option andit is likely, almost certain, they will pass. His contributions and potential have been overshadowed by a perceived laissez-faire attitude and a series of baddecisions that landed him, among other places, in anger management classes.

NETS BLOG

"Everybody knows I have the skills to be effective as a player, but they worry about my professionalism," said Williams, who is second -- second! --in seniority on the Nets behind Josh Boone. "A lot of other people worry if I can be a professional on and off the court. They're asking, 'Is heaccountable and responsible?' And I'm trying to focus on that.

"Getting ready for my third year, I'm going to take the experience I've had in the past and build on it," Williams added in his mostpolitically correct tone. "I just want to fit in and help this team any way I can to get to our goals."

Above all, Williams wants "consistency," something the Nets have sought since he came out of Boston College, where he had been thrown off thebasketball team for marijuana offenses. The Nets gambled, and though there have been flashes of his ability -- like eight blocks in one game as a rookie --there haven't been enough. At the open scrimmage on Saturday, he outplayed Yi Jianlian. On Sunday, in the preseason opener, he fouled out in 14 minutes.

"He's actually played very well," team president Rod Thorn said. "Last year, he played pretty good. This year, he's played the bestI've ever seen him play. [Saturday] he was fantastic."

But Williams' pre-Season Three surge probably will not be enough to sway the Nets to keep him. They first recall him being arrested in phone store insuburban Denver or his utterly unacceptable behavior when he was dispatched to the D-League. Essentially, Williams has two strikes and is facing a Marianocutter.

"The only thing I'm trying to concentrate on is proving myself as a professional in this league," said Williams, who is seeking a backupforward-center job with the Nets. "I like this team. I know I'm a good person and every day I try to get better. That translates to everything in yourlife when you're trying to be a better, positive person

http:// [h1]October 5th, 2009[/h1] [h3]Preseason Starts - for Me & My Squad (CDR)[/h3]

cdr_400_091005.jpg

Yes yes! I really don't have a reaction to our preseason opener. We lost the game, so that's what I'm focusing on right now. I play for wins and respect. Stats don't matter. What I did personally doesn't matter to me.

Courtney was out with foot inflammation so he wasn't able to play. I have something to prove to myself this year, and I have something to prove to everybody else, so whoever's in the lineup doesn't matter. It was just a preseason game, but I think I took steps toward that.

At the end of the day, I'm going to go out and play the way I'm going to play. And I really don't care what anybody thinks but myself. I do think overall, as a team, we have to get better ... but so does every team in the league in early October.

Tweeting & TV Therapy
The new league Twitter policy is fine. I wouldn't have done that anyway. I barely look at my phone on a game day - so twittering 45 minutes before a game is really unheard of. My main focus on a game day is the actual game! NOT Twitter. At the end of the day, the NBA signs the checks, so it's their call. Twitter isn't more important than my career.
[table][tr][td]
cdr_200_091005a.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]
I saw T-Will retweeted my line about the difference between me and everybody else being that I wake up exicted for practice. Helluva comment, right? But that's what it is - if you're not passionate about this game or what you do for a living, you won't succeed. The way I look at it is, I wake up and I say, "Thank God I have another day I can play basketball, it's another day I can do the thing that I do best."

I've been making sure to replenish my energy, too. Last year, I wasn't really resting like that. It's still hard for me to "rest," but I take a lot of 45-minute naps now. At night, I still don't go to bed 'til like 3 a.m. Me and my brother Jason (@jayrob76), we suffer from insomnia.

It's just hard for me to go to sleep, because at night those shows start coming on - my shows. Family Guy comes on at 2 and 2:30am, then you turn Good Times on. It's just like, "Damn! I'm still up."

And Tool Academy? That show is hilarious. Those guys on there are amazing to me. They went on TV, thinking they were going on a reality show to be the "biggest partyer-whatever...but they were just with other girls, and they had girlfriends at home. They were doing it on TV, so eventually it was going to come on air. However their girlfriends sent them to Tool Academy. Hahahaha. Idiots. How are you going to cheat on TV!!!??? And then act embarrassed and remorseful! Then top it off with the crying! Hahahahahah. Hiiilarious! It's a comedy to me.

The Name Game
So y'all know: the media started calling me "CD-R," and Coach Barbee & *@$# Vitale gave me "Buckets" at Memphis, but back in Detroit, I'm "Fresh." First it was more like "Dougey Fresh." Then, as I started growing up, it was more like I was the cleanest, freshest, smooth, debonair guy growing up in the neighborhood, so they just cut the "Dougey" off and started calling me "Fresh." And it really fits.
[table][tr][td]
cdr_200_091005b.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Hahahahahaahahahahaaaa! Seriously though, I prefer Chris or Fresh. CD-R is for those media people.

I'm ready for this cold weather. I'm from Detroit, so I like coats, I like hoodies, I like sweaters. And I like wearing jeans - a lot of guys base their whole outfit around wearing shoes; I base mine off jeans. The jeans, then the shoes and then the top. And I might have an overcoat. I just bought some Gucci rubber duckies the other day, and somebody asked me, "Rubber duckies?! You got some rain boots? Gucci rain boots??" And I was like, "Hold hold hold, it might rain one day. I need to be prepared."

If I'm basing an outfit off 'em, I don't like a lot of stuff on the jeans. A lot of guys have a lot of stuff on the jeans, like real colorful pockets, and I'm not on that. I'm not on that at all *Cough* Trent *Cough* B-Ham wears Levis, and I 'm really not on that, either. You might catch me in some Tavernitis, Meks, Laguna Beach, Monarchy. My new favorite jeans are PRPS. There's no telling what I might be in ...

Grow(l)ing Pains
Even though the Lions didn't win Sunday, we're looking up. We're a young team and we're getting better. Us growing as a unit will be vital in our development. In two years, we're going to have the second-best receiver in the NFL, next to Andre Johnson from the Texans. Calvin Johnson will be No. 2! Resssssspectttt.

--Posted by Chris Douglas-Roberts at 4:57 p.m.

Great Article on CDR

I am expecting big things from him

Courtney Lee better get well soon.....

CDR wants to be great.

Loved him at Memphis and was excited when we got him. Hope he plays well.

I hope Sean get an extension. He is a great talent, just needs to get his head on straight.

Back
Top Bottom