NETS OFF-SEASON THREAD - Nets on the hunt for moose and squrriel

lNothing really happened tonight. Nets did win though 98-96.

GREAT GAME BY IGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE RAN OFF THE COURT IN EXCITEMENT.

See everyone next game

Lets go Nets!

Its hard to follow them living in vegas
frown.gif
. Great win tonight against agood Sixers team, glad to see the five game losing streak end tonight, hopefully we can make a push and finish the season with an above .500 record.

BLAH - SHUGES (lol)

look, it is not every night you see this and not be allowed to have a beer because your license says 6'0 and the beer guy says your not an denies you beer.(If jb23 was in all access tonight, he had to of seen this dude with the light and everything.)

22 turning 23 in april and dude denys me beer over height. Anyway, the sixers bench (Rush and Ratliff) were funny as well. they were all like DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNand then realized that they probably lost.

Where i can I get Hi-Resolution pics of the nets, like for a Mac computer so they look clean and crisp.

Our remaining schedule is rough.

All of our opponents, with the exception of 3 (GS, LAC, and Min) are playoff teams or they still have a chance of making the playoffs.

[table][tr][td]Wed 25[/td] [td] vs Chicago [/td] [td] 7:30pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] WFAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]March[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Time[/td] [td]Local TV[/td] [td]Nat TV[/td] [td]Radio[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sun 01[/td] [td] vs New Orleans [/td] [td] 6:00pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] WFAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Tue 03[/td] [td] @ Milwaukee [/td] [td] 8:00pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] WLIB[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Wed 04[/td] [td] vs Boston [/td] [td] 7:30pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] WFAN [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Fri 06[/td] [td] @ Orlando [/td] [td] 7:00pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] WFAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sun 08[/td] [td] vs New York [/td] [td] 6:00pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] WFAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Wed 11[/td] [td] @ Golden State [/td] [td] 10:30pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] WFAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Fri 13[/td] [td] @ Portland [/td] [td] 10:00pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] WFAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sun 15[/td] [td] @ LA Clippers [/td] [td] 9:30pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] WFAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Mon 16[/td] [td] @ Denver [/td] [td] 9:00pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] WFAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Wed 18[/td] [td] @ New York [/td] [td] 7:30pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] WFAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Fri 20[/td] [td] vs Miami [/td] [td] 7:30pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] Bloomberg[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sun 22[/td] [td] vs Cleveland [/td] [td] 6:00pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td]
broadcast_NBATV.gif
[/td] [td] WFAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Wed 25[/td] [td] @ Cleveland [/td] [td] 7:00pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] WFAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Fri 27[/td] [td] vs LA Lakers [/td] [td] 7:30pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] WFAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sun 29[/td] [td] @ Minnesota [/td] [td] 3:30pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] WFAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Mon 30[/td] [td] vs Milwaukee [/td] [td] 7:30pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td]
broadcast_NBATV.gif
[/td] [td] Bloomberg[/td] [/tr][tr][td]April[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Time[/td] [td]Local TV[/td] [td]Nat TV[/td] [td]Radio[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Wed 01[/td] [td] vs Detroit[/td] [td] 7:30pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] Bloomberg[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sat 04[/td] [td] @ Chicago [/td] [td] 2:00pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] Bloomberg[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sun 05[/td] [td] vs Philadelphia [/td] [td] 7:30pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] WFAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Wed 08[/td] [td] @ Boston [/td] [td] 7:30pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] Bloomberg [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Fri 10[/td] [td] @ Detroit [/td] [td] 8:00pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] Bloomberg [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sat 11[/td] [td] vs Orlando [/td] [td] 7:30pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] Bloomberg [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Mon 13[/td] [td] vs Charlotte [/td] [td] 7:30pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] Bloomberg [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Wed 15[/td] [td] @ New York [/td] [td] 8:00pm[/td] [td] YESHD[/td] [td] [/td] [td] Bloomberg [/td] [/tr][/table]

Rough schedule, but the Nets need to suck it up.

They are a decent team with 2 above average players. They can and should make the playoffs.

I'm just not feeling the lack of commitment to the post.

Brook was non-existent this past game. The disappearance of Boone is baffling. And let's not even talk about Williams.

A perimeter driven team will have a VERY tough time going anywhere in the eastern conference.

Looks like Sean will be the backup center for a little while until Boone realizes his potential:

Rebounding effort not good enough lately for New Jersey Nets
by Dave D'Alessandro/The Star-Ledger Monday February 23, 2009, 8:56 PM

Larry W. Smith/EPA
This is what the Nets need more of -- Josh Boone pulls a rebound away from Dallas' Jason Kidd last week.Paul Silas, the hard-working, hard-headed, trenchwarfare genius of the 1960s and 1970s, once defined the game's most grueling job like this: Rebounding is effort, he said.

If only it were that simple -- both the maxim and the exercise.

The Nets aren't in tune with the concept, which is why they've been routinely embarrassed in the past two weeks, and you can reduce it to simplearithmetic:

Opponents have outrebounded them by a 46-36 average landslide during the five-game losing streak, so the Philadelphia 76ers were not exactly a welcome visitorMonday night, given that they are the league's second-best offensive-rebounding team.

And while there were no easy answers, as Silas might suggest, a better effort would be a good start.

Because that has been the most disappointing aspect to the skid: The Nets are being outworked nightly, and it's manifested by the way they're dominatedon the glass.

"A lot of it is mano-a-mano," coach Lawrence Frank said of his team's failings. "The teams we've had over the years, we've alwaysbeen a good defensive-rebounding team. It's hitting first, pursuing the ball, getting long rebounds by the guards. Desire."

All foreign concepts lately.

It's reached a point in which the Nets look feeble, tired, and indifferent -- the third quarter against Washington was a snapshot of everything they'vedone wrong this season, but especially with regard to losing every competition for the 50-50 ball, and refusing to stick their noses into the scrum.

The problem has helped inspire Frank to change his lineup, reinserting Yi Jianlian -- a fairly good defensive rebounder -- at starting power forward.

But everyone is at fault, and center Brook Lopez, for one, is taking the rebound disparity personally.

"I can't handle it by myself, but it does get kind of tough down there two-on-four, one-on-three, one-on-four," the rookie center said. "ButI've just got to fight through it, I guess."

If Lopez sounded as though he was pointing a finger at his teammates, that wasn't his intention. But he did admit a number of boards escape his reach whenhe's reacting to dribble penetration, and the guards aren't sinking to his man.

"I'm watching, and the ball falls into someone else's hands," he said. "That obviously can't happen."

"Everyone has a responsibility," Frank said. "We rebound the ball with five guys -- gang rebounding. Everyone has a responsibility to hit firstand get the ball. Guards have the responsibility of getting the elbows and the corners. We have to do better."

They've said that for five games now.

A coach could pull a 10-year-old out of the crowd and let them run around for 10 minutes, and two rebounds would likely hit them on the head.

That would be happenstance.

The Nets would prefer to rely on effort.

"We just got to keep playing, plain and simple," Vince Carter said. "We're at the point where we understand, and know better. We just haveto fix it and consistently do it.

"It's the second part of the season. The bar is raised. We've got to get the young guys and everybody on the same page. Everybody's playingfor something now. It's not just going through the season, going through the motions. We're playing for something."

Lately, it hasn't looked like it.

The coach took the blame for the last embarrassment, because that's what coaches do. Conversely, a coach's greatest pride is when his team showsindomitable effort -- as in rebounding effort.

"Without a doubt -- that's it," Frank said. "Regardless of what your offense and defensive system and game plan is, it's amazing whatcan happen with extraordinary effort. I've coached guys and teams where we may have done real simple stuff at both ends, but the effort was extraordinarythat they made it work.

"You may have the best game plan in the world, but if we're not fully giving everything we got, it doesn't matter. So you make things work.That's why I take responsibility for it. I've got to find a way to get us to work better."

Good idea with this thread.
I'll help add info/updates as much as I can.

Biggest thing with the win last night is to build off it, we can't afford to win some then drop a bunch after. We have to try to be more consistant downthe stretch of the season (even though that's not been the case thus far).

look, it is not every night you see this and not be allowed to have a beer because your license says 6'0 and the beer guy says your not an denies you beer. (If jb23 was in all access tonight, he had to of seen this dude with the light and everything.)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Which guy was this?
smh.gif
at the lines for the drinks last night.

The one with the beard on the right.

The old guy was cool to the left of him and even said to him when he checked me that it is my pic and it says 1986, end of story give him the beer.

Nets home tonight vs the bulls who are ahead of them in the playoff race right now.

bulls have won 3 of 4 going into tonight and the Nets Just came off a win the other night in non-dramatic fashion.

VC has admitted today that he has played horrible basketball as of late and I think he is due.

Sean is, for right now, the backup center until boone gets his act together. GO NETS

BOY, MY NETS ARE GETTING SMASHED ON. MAN.......

Anyway:

2ivo1lc.jpg

FINALLY, BOBBY TO THE BENCH AND IT WORKS, 2 GAMES IN A ROW.

laugh.gif

I forgot about the "Elastic Man" name.

Ian loves these quirky nicknames.

D-Lightning.
sick.gif

edit:

Luol on Devin.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Josh Boone, Enjoy the bench with CDR and MO cause Sean Williams is back.

I am pulling for this kid. it seems that he is ready to play now. hopefuly he can keep this up.

What a turn-around.
eek.gif

Nice aggressive play by B-Lo.

(Don't know if that's what his team-mates call him, but I'm running with that. Holla at me Ian!)

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Nets.gm.com SHUGES

stop stealing ideas. lol.

Word?
laugh.gif

But nah, the only site I check is NikeTalk.

I'm still running with it (but not claiming it). B-LO!

D-LIGHTNING with another bucket!

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom