Nets to Brooklyn = 2011

Originally Posted by SpecialEd88

Originally Posted by NYelectric

There goes the neighborhood. This is going to be such a nightmare.
Blame Bloomberg for allowing the city to lose its identity.
You know that I do. A summer without Coney Island...

Originally Posted by SHERLOCK FOAMS

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Traffic Downtown BK is gonna be nuts
i dont think it'll be bad as the Bronx or Queens before/after a baseball game
Most take the trains/buses to Mets or Yankees games. I don't know if there are as much available forms of PT where the stadium's gonna be.

Um... 99.9% of ALL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION RUNS THROUGH ATLANTIC AVENUE...

Almost every train in the 5 Boroughs stops there. If not, you won't have to transfer from more than one train. As far as traffic goes you'll probably see a bulk of it coming from the BQE/Belt pkwy, BK bridge and the Manhattan bridge especially going down Flatbush ave ext (maybe even 4th Ave.).
Tell em Foams. I used to use the Junction to transfer from the D to the R train in the morningfor school. The R, N, B, and a few of the number trains if I'm not mistaken, and then the LIRR.

New York Public Trans FTW!!!!

atlanticave.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Even tho I like them the Nets are a traveling, nomadic team. They roam from city to city, never really establishing themselves anywhere. They have a few bad seasons, some good then they leave with little to nothing to show for it. Even back to the ABA days of Dr. J they moved around I think. My guess is that they'll lather, rinse, repeat in BK.
laugh.gif
huh?
Yeah, kept the name essentially but switched home courts frequently.

[h2]Home Courts[/h2] [table][tr][th=""]Arena[/th] [th=""]Years[/th] [th=""]Notes[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Teaneck Armory[/td] [td]1967-1968[/td] [td]New Jersey Americans (ABA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Long Island Arena[/td] [td]1968-1969[/td] [td]New York Nets (ABA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Island Garden[/td] [td]1969-1971[/td] [td]New York Nets (ABA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nassau Coliseum[/td] [td]1971-1976[/td] [td]New York Nets (ABA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nassau Coliseum[/td] [td]1976-1977[/td] [td]New York Nets (NBA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Louis Brown (Rutgers University) Athletic Center[/td] [td]1977-1981[/td] [td]New Jersey Nets (NBA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brendan Byrne Arena[/td] [td]1981-1996[/td] [td]New Jersey Nets (NBA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Continental Airlines Arena[/td] [td]1996-2007[/td] [td]Formerly Brendan Byrne Arena[/td] [td]New Jersey Nets (NBA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Izod Center[/td] [td]2007-present[/td] [td]Formerly Continental Airlines Arena[/td] [td]New Jersey Nets (NBA)[/td] [/tr][/table]
The last 2 are the same.

Brendan Byrne is the same as Continental and Izod.

The Nets deserve better than play in the @%$! hole. I'm looking forward to seeing how the arena in BK looks like.

Eh, we'll see... its been said many times, on many occassions, with many dates, when Brooklyn could/would happen. I know if the Nets' organizationdoesn't get it done soon, they could move to Newark instead. Im sure that's why they're testing it out this upcoming preseason. I want the Nets tostay in Jersey, so I dont mind the Newark move. All in all, I just think there are to many problems with moving the team to Brooklyn. They've experiencedso many setbacks & problems, Im curious to see what happens, if anything.

Small article I read not to long ago -

Brooklyn or bust

Nets' management really, really hates it when anybody asks about Newark, because Bruce Ratner remains determined to get his team to Brooklyn in two years.Ratner will never move the team to Newark. However, if the Atlantic Yards project stalls much longer, he may be forced to sell the franchise because of hugelosses.

This makes the Nets' announcement so odd about playing two preseason games this fall at the Rock. Barry Baum, a spokesman for the team, says the commitmentwas debated among executives for this precise reason, that they feared it would start rumors about a possible move there. But money is money, and the Nets justcouldn't sell preseason tickets at the Meadowlands.

A very specific report has been circulating around the team that Ray Chambers and Lewis Katz are preparing to invest $150 million with Ratner, as part of acontingency deal. If he can get the Brooklyn arena done in two years, fine. Otherwise, Chambers and Katz would purchase the team and move it to Newark.

But again, the Nets strongly deny such an agreement. They continue to fight off a bunch of legal challenges to their Brooklyn project. "We've won 22of 23 cases and we'll win the last one," Baum says.

He sounds certain. Two years from now, Baum will either look like a truthsaying visionary or a naive flack.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/bondy/2009/03/brooklyn-or-bust.html

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Stay in NJ, share the Prudential Center with the NJ Devils in Newark.
That place is huge, it's a great venue, and it would keep the Nets in NJ.

It's not long before the Nets make the playoffs, so the place will be packed.

Why the move to Brooklyn anyway?

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Stay in NJ, share the Prudential Center with the NJ Devils in Newark.
That place is huge, it's a great venue, and it would keep the Nets in NJ.

It's not long before the Nets make the playoffs, so the place will be packed.

Why the move to Brooklyn anyway?
Yeah, i think that's the best solution. I don't know why they're not considering that as an option.

Man those Swamprats better stay in the swamp and the +%%$ outta Knicks City
smh.gif

One Team, One New York
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Man those Swamprats better stay in the swamp and the +%%$ outta Knicks City
smh.gif

One Team, One New York
pimp.gif

Preach!

I was expecting a rant containing at least five paragraphs, actually...
embarassed.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom