New 3-D images of Jesus Christ vol: Is this the face of Jesus

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by y0ung j33zy

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by JinKazama

ummm yeah so basically they now have the face of the guy who pulled off one of the greatest cons in history. I could have sworn some Lab carbon dated the shroud back to miedival times
How did Jesus pull off one of the greatest cons?
He's talking about Cesare Borgia
laugh.gif

So what con did Cesare Borgia pull off then?

Cesare Borgia is a good point but that wasn't what I was referring to.  I was referring to the fact that scientists back in like 1989 proved that this thing is a fake.  The oldest it could be dates back to Miedeval times.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v337/n6208/abs/337611a0.html

Can someone show me some evidence of the link between Borgia and the Christ portrayal in paintings?
I have heard of the theory before, but there is no evidence or sources that I've seen..

Originally Posted by bittersweet

I believe it.

Jesus did not have silky blond hair, and he didn't have blue eyes either.

Who in their right minds thought this??

Nobody knows if the shroud is real, They have NO REAL WAY of dating it so anybody saying they do or did is lying to you C-14 Carbon dating has never been accurate, but personally I dont think it's real because of other things stated about it not just because of the carbon dating

Jesus probably rocked a jew-fro.  I don't believe the Shroud is real.  It's hard to believe people would save his burial cloths and it would still be in decent condition 2,000 years later.

Billy Hoyle wrote:

like the bible said jesus had napped hair...
This is the truth read ur bible people!

shogun good point....u would think that oxygen would have turned it to dust

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

Can someone show me some evidence of the link between Borgia and the Christ portrayal in paintings?
I have heard of the theory before, but there is no evidence or sources that I've seen..

"In Volume One of Celebrated Crimes, Alexandre Dumas, père states that some pictures of Jesus Christ produced around Borgia's lifetime were based on Cesare Borgia, and that this in turn has influenced images of Jesus produced since that time. Although, this does not mean that all pictures of Jesus Christ are influenced by Cesare Borgia, as the Deësis mosaic is much older than Cesare Borgia, and still looks similar to the image Jesus Christ is traditionally portrayed as."

From Wikipedia.

Mosaic-1041.jpg

Deësis mosaic in the Hagia Sophia, 1260 AD.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by bittersweet

I believe it.

Jesus did not have silky blond hair, and he didn't have blue eyes either.

Who in their right minds thought this??
Everyone in Western Civilization when Christianity began to spread in Europe.

The shroud was carbon dated sometime ago and it was disproven as being from the time of that guy everyone blames my people for killing.

i watched somewhere (national geographic i think) that the shroud of turin is a fake and was made by leonardo da vinci. and they were able to match da vinci's face with the face on the shroud, and also the mona lisa.
nerd.gif

I dont think the purpose of this was to change anyones mind about jesus/religion/faith.  Its just an interesting watch.

Originally Posted by B fr3sh

i watched somewhere (national geographic i think) that the shroud of turin is a fake and was made by leonardo da vinci. and they were able to match da vinci's face with the face on the shroud, and also the mona lisa.
nerd.gif
que?

Originally Posted by B fr3sh

nerd.gif
I watched the show last night and did my own research today.  There is absolutely no evidence of paint or any kind of ink pigment found on the shroud, thus debunking the notion of it being a painting.  The other thing they found is that the red marks are actually human blood.  They also found patterns in the blood consistent of the metal pieces at the ends of the whips that greeks used to flog him.  

The biggest wonder is why the image is a Negative image, where the parts that are supposed to be dark are lightened and vice versa.  This technology was not invented (photography) until about the 1800 almost 1800 years later.  The theory as to why it is negative is that a beam of light or radiation would have had to flash in the shroud for a second.  Some people think this was the resurrection.

In terms of the carbon14 dating, they concluded that the piece of the shroud used for testing by 3 different prestigeous institutions was a patch put on during the mideveil times.  They plan on retesting the shroud with less intrusive means, such as without removing or damaging it further.

Jesus' image was Voted on at the council of nicea 325 ad... Seraptis christus is the actual person who this image is based upon.... Seraptis christus..... Google it...

Back
Top Bottom