NEW BASKETBALL SHOE FROM NIKE !!! NIKE ZOOM HYPERREV . CHECK INSIDE FOR PICS,SPRING 2014...OPINI

It doesn't bother me because I don't play ball where thumb tacks would get under my foot but I can see how it's a concern. It feels cheap for sure.

This may just be me...but I don't like the design trend of "windows" on the sole. Lebrons, these, hyperfuse, couple others...they all have thin plastic separating the important cushioning of the shoe from a thumbtack or some ****. POP
Definitely an on-court only type of shoe.  Keep it in the gym bag, put them on to play, take them off, back in the gym bag.

That reminds me of when I used to wear some Lebron 20-5-5's at a retail store.  Stepped on a tack and the zoom bag popped.

This may just be me...but I don't like the design trend of "windows" on the sole. Lebrons, these, hyperfuse, couple others...they all have thin plastic separating the important cushioning of the shoe from a thumbtack or some ****. POP
According to Nightwing2303, the plastic windows on the HyperRevs are very strong as they are also the shoe's shank plate. I don't know where you would step on a thumb tack though...

Probably nowhere, but it was just an obvious example of a hazard to vulnerable zoom/max air

If these perform really well might have to collect them like I did the bb1s. But of course will wait on the price drop. Doubt these will have resale value which means they will be on sale

BB1s and even the 2s were that deal, had multiple pairs of each ...been waiting for a shoe that performed as good as those

BB1's were one of the last value shoes I can remember from Nike.

$90 retail for full length zoom.

The Nash lows to this day were one of the best shoes I ever played in.

Definitely an on-court only type of shoe.  Keep it in the gym bag, put them on to play, take them off, back in the gym bag.

That reminds me of when I used to wear some Lebron 20-5-5's at a retail store.  Stepped on a tack and the zoom bag popped.

Don't want to go off topic but how does a tack pop the zoom on the 20-5-5? Same type of tack that pops car tires? Those shoes were made for outdoor ball

Don't want to go off topic but how does a tack pop the zoom on the 20-5-5? Same type of tack that pops car tires? Those shoes were made for outdoor ball

Could be those tacks or sensor pins retailers use. If you accidentally step on one and it penetrates, that bag will be done. It's unfortunate and I've only had it happen one time.

I don't know what size to get... I wear a 9/9.5. I've hooped in my concords size 9 and they give me blisters on my small toes. I wear a 9 in Roshes, and my Kobe Pythons/ Kings Prides are both 9.5 with no problems.

I don't know what size to get... I wear a 9/9.5. I've hooped in my concords size 9 and they give me blisters on my small toes. I wear a 9 in Roshes, and my Kobe Pythons/ Kings Prides are both 9.5 with no problems.
9.5..i wear a 9.5 10. all my casual shoes are a 9.5 but if im hopping they gotta be a 10. my kobe 8s are a 10 and i got these in a 10 as well

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the input NrmanCruso & Yungmoneyred... Repped I think I'll go 9.5

Could be those tacks or sensor pins retailers use. If you accidentally step on one and it penetrates, that bag will be done. It's unfortunate and I've only had it happen one time.
Exactly what happened.  I should have stated I was working there, I wasn't just shopping.

We had a ton of crap behind the counters and it got right in between the little squares on the bottom of the 20-5-5.  It didn't pop it as much as deflate it.

I wasn't a big fan of the shoes anyway, but it did suck.

Night wing PT is up. Sounds like traction and everything else is in point. Guess that teaches me not to judge a book by its cover. Nike really goin hard at pushing performance lately.. Nice

So according to him, they would be better than Hyperdunk 2013's.  Interesting.

I don't particularly like these that much, but I'd give em a shot at a discount price.

I don't particularly like these that much, but I'd give em a shot at a discount price.

I need some high top basketball shoes
i was looking to get some hyper dunks
but I've been following this thread
Now I'm undecided
:frown:

Better try both on and go from there. I'd make my decision based on preferred cushioning as that's a major difference between them.

Peep the coupon thread. You can get these for under $100 shipped from Footlocker with a $25 off code.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom