New Box Vs. Old box

Originally Posted by paritheplatypus

For the price we pay for J's nowadays we should get some sturdy boxes!

all your gravedigging in sneaker art is about to pay off

I think it will be very hard for fake sellers to mimic that black. Black is very expensive print, especially when it comes to white against black. They are a flat black so alot of the fake boxes will have an ashy looks.

The old boxes were definitely more durable, especially when stacking.. I have a few from the early 2000's that are in better condition than some of my new ones

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Originally Posted by stevedensmore

Originally Posted by jamazing

That's a good point. When you put it that way it is probably better that there's less material.
Guess the same thing applies to the quality of material used on retros nowadays; plastic eyelets, paper-thin leather, and minimal foam padding.
Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but if you were; save that fam. Not really the same thing.
No sarcasm at all; it's a fact. Completely the same thing; prices keep climbing, while quality continues to get cheaper. 

Can someone post a pic of the new pic? I haven't seen it. Nor have I seen any new box after the grapes came. all I know is 3's & 4's came in the cement type box

Originally Posted by Magic1978

A new box is fine, but one that isn't durable and stackable isn't a welcome change
currect in my mind
wink.gif

I dont mind the new box. Y'all acting like the Jordan boxes were never flimsy. The boxes from 1985-1995 were built the same.

I like the new box, I just wish it was a lot sturdier. and maybe if it slid out instead the regular flip top. I mean we're paying 150+ for these shoes. The LEAST they could do is not stop the quality at the box.

My personal favorite box is the all silver one with the red Jumpman... I kinda like the new box though.. Label on the side is pretty cool...

Originally Posted by DaddyPhesh

My personal favorite box is the all silver one with the red Jumpman... I kinda like the new box though.. Label on the side is pretty cool...

Man I hated those silver box, the shoes barely fit in them. My favorite were when Jordan's were in Nike boxes, the orange and black that came with the OG's. But the new box is cool but like most said, it would be better if it was more durable and more ability to stack.

Originally Posted by stevedensmore

Originally Posted by jamazing

Originally Posted by Gordonson

I mean, you guys have to remember that everyone and everything is trying to go green now, so it's understandable that they'd use less material on their boxes.

That's a good point. When you put it that way it is probably better that there's less material.
Guess the same thing applies to the quality of material used on retros nowadays; plastic eyelets, paper-thin leather, and minimal foam padding.

hahahahaha! I could see Jordan Brand using an excuse like that.

all my old jordan boxes that are near the bottom of a stack buckled out on the side that the top connects to. Wish they were all with removable tops like the cement/ elephant print boxes

Originally Posted by ryansoxfan

I like the lock tabs but the cardboard definitely needs to be thicker so I can stack.

yea not sure if the lock tab is really practical/necessary but at first glance it def appears to be a better quality box then the old ones

new boxes (i.e. 12 retro box) look more sturdy for high stacking!
laugh.gif

The 3 & 4 boxes look and feel flimsy
eyes.gif
but the throwbackness(if that is even a word) is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mobbyluii

the box shouldn't be THAT important lol.. but I don't mind the new one

It's important for the shoe collector, not the casual JB consumer who only has a few pairs of shoes.  I hate it when I have to take time to figure out how boxes should stack because of durability.  I really wish JB would just give us quality like the pull out LV boxes.......you can stack 10 shoes on top of those and they still won't give out.

old box >>>> new box imo, the new box is flimsy and plain, the old box at least had the 2 colors (grey/black) and a little bit of detail, the new box is all black with one big white jumpman, weak. the retro 3, 4, and 11 boxes are nice, but of course they just went back to the og box for the 3 and 4.

Face Box was pretty sturdy and stackable. Never had a problem stacking my Jordan's in the past when the Face box was around.

I remember people complaining about being sick of the Face box though. People wanted change and they got it.

Back
Top Bottom