New Controversial Anti-Islam Ads In The D.C. Metro

http://www.buzzfeed.com/copyranter/new-controversial-anti-islam-ads-in-the-dc-metro

New Controversial Anti-Islam Ads In The D.C. Metro
Pamela Geller's American Freedom Defense Initiative won a court battle, and now the posters are going up.

View media item 305203Hasan killed 13 people at Fort Hood.

The ads are a response to a #MyJihad campaign launched by the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) in December/January in Chicago, San Francisco, and Washington. (see ads below).
The #MyJihad ads were a response to these 9/11 attack posters by Geller's Initiative seen in the New York City subway system last December. On the My Jihad website, CAIR says the campaign's purpose was "to share the proper meaning of Jihad as believed and practiced by the majority of Muslims."
Last month, Geller won a court battle with the D.C. Metro to erect her "My Jihad" parody ads. Now the ads are a reality.
See more of Geller's ads below the CAIR campaign.

View media item 305205
View media item 305206
View media item 305207

Why would they even put these ads up?

Some of them look motivational, the bottom two look stupid and pointless. I wasn't able to head out to DC recently, I was there last week and I didn't see them. I'm tired of this slander against Islamic people. :smh:

I dont see the problem......except for the last two.

Here's what happened;

The Council on Islamic Relations started putting up the positive ads to share the meaning of "My Jihad"

And this douchebag Geller won a court case to put up the parody ads which had Osama and s*** in it. Basically trashing the whole positive Islamic movement they were trying to start.

i'd smash the girl in the second one.

obviously the last 2 were trolling. i don't see a problem with the real ones.

i'd smash the girl in the second one.

obviously the last 2 were trolling. i don't see a problem with the real ones.

the real one are not the problem the real ones are promoting something positive while the last two were mocking the other ones.

yeah, the other ones won't be offensive to anyone except a redneck who doesn't know what he's reading.

Whoa, I ride the metro regularly and havent seen any of those. A US court allowed this lady to put up those last two? Why am I not surprised. :x

Watch how bigots will come in and reveal themselves when they write stupid @#$ comments like "I don't agree with her, but I will give my life defending her right to express it":smh: @#$% like this should be considered a hate crime, not free speech

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with the My Jihad posters. The ones put up by Geller are repulsive to say the least.  As much as I hate when people put their bigoted beliefs out in the public *cough* foxnews *cough*, they have a legal right to do it.  Its more or less exactly like the ******** the Westboro Baptist Church pulls just much more subtly.  These people are idiots looking for attention and make the country look bad as a whole.

Everyone of those crazed anti-muslim republicans needs a good thumpin btw.

Some of them look motivational, the bottom two look stupid and pointless. I wasn't able to head out to DC recently, I was there last week and I didn't see them. I'm tired of this slander against Islamic people. :smh:

Word.

Back
Top Bottom