New Jersey Nets 2001-2003 - It has been Ten Years total

That team is definitely appreciated.

Can't forget my boy Skittles.
pimp.gif

And I hear your rant VC3.
laugh.gif

It's strange, I don't even understand Knicks fan's hatred of the Nets. *shrug*

I hope i'm not in your shoes in 10 years.....

I think Cavs are facing another season at least in the basement tho

Hoping for some good draft picks

I hope i'm not in your shoes in 10 years.....

I think Cavs are facing another season at least in the basement tho

Hoping for some good draft picks

i really thought they were going to win the title in 2003.

after they were tied 2-2 with the bucks in the 1st round they won the next 10 playoff games in a row, sweeping boston and detroit and looking dominant while doing so too.

then they split the 1st 2 in san antonio in the finals, between blowing the 4th quarter lead in game 6 and letting games 3 and 5 slip away in new jersey they had a decent shot to win that series.

i really thought they were going to win the title in 2003.

after they were tied 2-2 with the bucks in the 1st round they won the next 10 playoff games in a row, sweeping boston and detroit and looking dominant while doing so too.

then they split the 1st 2 in san antonio in the finals, between blowing the 4th quarter lead in game 6 and letting games 3 and 5 slip away in new jersey they had a decent shot to win that series.

When Kidd made that three to beat the Pistons 
eek.gif
You don't expect him to make that shot, much less take it since he's not a scorer

When Kidd made that three to beat the Pistons 
eek.gif
You don't expect him to make that shot, much less take it since he's not a scorer

Never liked anyone else on that Nets team besides J.Kidd and Kittles. I hope Kidd gets a chance to contend for a title this year.

Never liked anyone else on that Nets team besides J.Kidd and Kittles. I hope Kidd gets a chance to contend for a title this year.

The Lakeshow shattered their short dream. Still can't believe RJ was a rookie and those Nike shox commercials with VC

The Lakeshow shattered their short dream. Still can't believe RJ was a rookie and those Nike shox commercials with VC

one thing that annoyed me was the bandwagon Net fans that use to be Knick fans (who not, surprisingly, are knick fans again 
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
)

one thing that annoyed me was the bandwagon Net fans that use to be Knick fans (who not, surprisingly, are knick fans again 
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
)

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

actually not really considering they made it back to the finals the next year, dominating the east in the playoffs while doing so and gave the spurs a legit run for their money as well.

compared to indy and the 76ers who the lakers beat prior in the finals,  the nets actually had the best run out of any of those teams.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

actually not really considering they made it back to the finals the next year, dominating the east in the playoffs while doing so and gave the spurs a legit run for their money as well.

compared to indy and the 76ers who the lakers beat prior in the finals,  the nets actually had the best run out of any of those teams.

Ced - What killed both finals series were key guys just not showing up.

The Lakers series (as much as kidd will never admit it) the team was happy to be there. And if Van Horn showed up like he did throughout the playoffs (Yes I know that statement alone is sad, but he did make the Boston series especially game 6) They would of won one game at home but were never winning that series with the White T-MAC at center defensively.

The spurs series was all on KMART. He cried and whined when Van Horn decided to disappear that previous season leading to TMAC and KVH being dealt for Dikembe and then after game 4, Kenyon just disappeared vs the spurs.

Pr0p- I agree with you also that fans came out of the wood work. It is the good with the bad. Wait and see if we get someone else (Even Dwight for example) Myself going to nets games for almost 15 years now will mean nothing to some guy that just likes the fact that stars are together.

Ced - What killed both finals series were key guys just not showing up.

The Lakers series (as much as kidd will never admit it) the team was happy to be there. And if Van Horn showed up like he did throughout the playoffs (Yes I know that statement alone is sad, but he did make the Boston series especially game 6) They would of won one game at home but were never winning that series with the White T-MAC at center defensively.

The spurs series was all on KMART. He cried and whined when Van Horn decided to disappear that previous season leading to TMAC and KVH being dealt for Dikembe and then after game 4, Kenyon just disappeared vs the spurs.

Pr0p- I agree with you also that fans came out of the wood work. It is the good with the bad. Wait and see if we get someone else (Even Dwight for example) Myself going to nets games for almost 15 years now will mean nothing to some guy that just likes the fact that stars are together.

Props to the Nets (specifically Kidd) but it makes me realize how bad the Eastern Conference was at the time.
laugh.gif

Props to the Nets (specifically Kidd) but it makes me realize how bad the Eastern Conference was at the time.
laugh.gif

This was the Nets era before Jason Willliams killed his driver with a shotgun and then tried covering it up right ?

This was the Nets era before Jason Willliams killed his driver with a shotgun and then tried covering it up right ?

Back
Top Bottom