New Laptop Time.

Just copped a Macbook Pro last week, I love it. It took little to no time to get use to the User Interface. The interface makes Windows look like *** sauce. Sign up at bestbuy.com for 100 dollars off of all Apple Laptops since you are a student. It was tax-free week when I copped mine at Best Buy so I got a new 2013 Macbook Pro for $939 using the coupon.

What's the difference between the Macbook with retina display and without other than the graphics?

Is retina worth it? What is it exactly? A scam?
It's basically just an HD screen.  You will get along fine without it, but if you don't mind spending the extra cash then why not?
What's the difference between the Macbook with retina display and without other than the graphics?
It's thinner, but if you're not worried about graphics then I'd suggest getting an Air or regular MacBook Pro...

Head over to the Macbook thread that was started the other day. Should be on the first page. Some good perspective in there.

If you use excel a lot, dont get a mac.

Why is this? I'm looking to get a new MBP when they refresh hopefully...I use Excel a good amount though. What is the problem with Excel on a mac? I could dual boot with windows & use Excel & be fine right? Idk how all that works completely so correct me if I'm wrong/off base

I got the new 13 inch air right after they came out and I'm loving it. I got the base 13in model which is 4gb ram and 256gb drive I believe. Overall I am extremely happy with it. Battery life is unbelievable, processing speeds are very good, if u have a good router/access point your Internet will be blazing fast, and the screen looks nice even tho its not retina. I have had no problems using multiple applications at once, no loss of speed or fluidity while using parallels to run windows, and definitely an upgrade from most competitive PCs. Again this is the base 13in so any additions in hardware will only add to what I've said. I hope this helps u make a decision man

Tell me why to get these things, supportive reasoning please. As well, has anyone ever bought a used macbook pro? Ebay? Craigslist?

Last edited:
Tell me why to get these things, supportive reasoning please. As well, has anyone ever bought a used macbook pro? Ebay? Craigslist?
Just go to an Apple Store or Best Buy and mess around with the MacBooks.  If you need Windows you can always run Bootcamp and install it on your Mac.  If you end up thinking the Mac is a waste of money then you can return it or sell it because it'll hold its value pretty well.  If you get a MacBook Pro (Non-retina) then you can open it up and upgrade the RAM and HD yourself, but if you're not comfortable doing that then you have to order it online...

Macbook Pro will be a better long time investment. Not that it is really better or worse than PC, it is just that you will not have to deal with the drama. MBP is just gonna work for a very long time without any hassle.

Except for a battery and hard drive maybe but that is years down the road for the most part.

This legit
nerd.gif
helll yea

They got touch screen laptops now, **** a macbook

Why would you want a touch screen laptop?
Don't diss it until you've tried it. After using a convertible tablet for the past 8 months, I have to retrain my mind when using my laptop again because the UI of a touchscreen is nice when you can just touch & swipe instead of using the built in trackpad.

OP - The Mac argument is all relative to me. My wife has a Mac from her school and likes it for editing. However, she's only had it for 2 years and it's running really slow. I've got an Asus that I use for video editing and have had no major issues thus far. It's got 8 gigs of RAM in it & a hybrid drive so it reads files relatively fast. It'll hickup on some videos if I'm running too many things, but overall it's a solid laptop. My only real complaint though is there's only one speaker, so I need either headphones or external speakers for surround sound.

i just bought a dell laptop for school. it was cheap enough and i just need it to do the basics. i have the newest mac desktop at the house, which it why i wasnt hard pressed to get a macbook. kinda thinking i screwed myself in the long run though 
ohwell.gif

i just bought a dell laptop for school. it was cheap enough and i just need it to do the basics. i have the newest mac desktop at the house, which it why i wasnt hard pressed to get a macbook. kinda thinking i screwed myself in the long run though 
ohwell.gif
How so?  What else would you get?  Can you still return the Dell?

Back
Top Bottom