New MBPs: "Ho hum upgrade" "Shoddy build quality"

In a surprising turn, the new MBPs aren't being well received by industry experts:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9211839/Apple_s_new_MacBook_Pros_raise_quality_concerns

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook-Pro-15-Inch-Unibody-Early-2011-Teardown/4990/1

Apple always made compromises: looks over quality. Sadly the fanboys don't see it and pollute forums with their mythical "build quality". It's certainly the first time they shipped products with obvious flaws, like overheating.

MacBooks are badly designed, overpriced, but… shiny! no blu-ray or usb3 either?
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

In before butthurt.

In a surprising turn, the new MBPs aren't being well received by industry experts:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9211839/Apple_s_new_MacBook_Pros_raise_quality_concerns

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook-Pro-15-Inch-Unibody-Early-2011-Teardown/4990/1

Apple always made compromises: looks over quality. Sadly the fanboys don't see it and pollute forums with their mythical "build quality". It's certainly the first time they shipped products with obvious flaws, like overheating.

MacBooks are badly designed, overpriced, but… shiny! no blu-ray or usb3 either?
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

In before butthurt.

wow i been thinkin bout coppin one of these.... not liking the sound of this tho

wow i been thinkin bout coppin one of these.... not liking the sound of this tho

macbooks always have overheating problems, they have that metal frame that makes you feel the heat more

i got a white macbook 2010 and love it it only feels hot when i skype

macbooks always have overheating problems, they have that metal frame that makes you feel the heat more

i got a white macbook 2010 and love it it only feels hot when i skype

did not read....yet. but wow thats not good, was waiting to see what all the hype was about the new mbps....but ill porb get another pc laptop instead.

maybe a desktop

did not read....yet. but wow thats not good, was waiting to see what all the hype was about the new mbps....but ill porb get another pc laptop instead.

maybe a desktop

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

I have a feeling this will turn into a ios vs android debate

ohwell.gif

what does either have to do with MBP

Anytime Apple is brought up each side feels a reason to bash ios or Android I'm not sure why but it is a trend I have noticed lately

Originally Posted by omgitswes

ohwell.gif

what does either have to do with MBP

Anytime Apple is brought up each side feels a reason to bash ios or Android I'm not sure why but it is a trend I have noticed lately

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

wouldn't it be osx vs windows?

that's what I was thinking.

But anyway, that article isn't saying anything that we didn't know already. People just refuse to believe it.

360>PS3

that's what I was thinking.

But anyway, that article isn't saying anything that we didn't know already. People just refuse to believe it.

360>PS3

copping regardless.  I don't like Windows anymore.  HD Webcam and the females on Facetime
pimp.gif
and Lion OS X is 
eek.gif

copping regardless.  I don't like Windows anymore.  HD Webcam and the females on Facetime
pimp.gif
and Lion OS X is 
eek.gif

no they skip that debate sometimes it starts out mbp are overpriced then it turns into iphone or android bashing

On topic kind of only problem I had with my MBP was mine shipped with the 60(?) watt magsafe instead of 80 so after owning it for 8 months it wouldn't charge anymore geniuses replaced it under warranty with the newer designed magsafe

no they skip that debate sometimes it starts out mbp are overpriced then it turns into iphone or android bashing

On topic kind of only problem I had with my MBP was mine shipped with the 60(?) watt magsafe instead of 80 so after owning it for 8 months it wouldn't charge anymore geniuses replaced it under warranty with the newer designed magsafe

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

pimp.gif
and Lion OS X is 
eek.gif

point proven.

Back
Top Bottom