New MBPs: "Ho hum upgrade" "Shoddy build quality"

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

copping regardless.  I don't like Windows anymore.  HD Webcam and the females on Facetime
pimp.gif
and Lion OS X is 
eek.gif

point proven.

Apple Care will be copped as well 
laugh.gif
but for real.  Might just wait a little longer to cop since I'm broke and can wait till the shoddy ones aren't around. 

Apple Care will be copped as well 
laugh.gif
but for real.  Might just wait a little longer to cop since I'm broke and can wait till the shoddy ones aren't around. 

so some extra thermal paste around the chip = poor build?

nice try.

Apple is overpriced no doubt but this argument is WEAK.....you can do better

nice try.

Apple is overpriced no doubt but this argument is WEAK.....you can do better

Originally Posted by jordanhendrix

nice try.

Apple is over prices no doubt but this argument is WEAK
laugh.gif
Don't you know that excess thermal paste DEFEATS the purpose of it?

nice try.

Apple is over prices no doubt but this argument is WEAK
laugh.gif
Don't you know that excess thermal paste DEFEATS the purpose of it?

^^^ NEgative, in the article you posted it says other wise. Quote from YOUR OWN link:

"But too much paste doesn't mean that the underlying processor will necessarily overheat and thus fail faster, cautioned Peddie."

Damn man, at least read what you're gonna post before hand....simpin it up lol

^^^ NEgative, in the article you posted it says other wise. Quote from YOUR OWN link:

"But too much paste doesn't mean that the underlying processor will necessarily overheat and thus fail faster, cautioned Peddie."

I have a MBP and it gets extremely hot if you're using it on a blanket or something. However, I rarely do this so it isn't really an issue for me.

I have a MBP and it gets extremely hot if you're using it on a blanket or something. However, I rarely do this so it isn't really an issue for me.

I skipped over that, but he's wrong. Excess paste defeats the purpose of using it

I skipped over that, but he's wrong. Excess paste defeats the purpose of using it

jesus, again read the article YOU POSTED.

the purpose is to conduct heat, it doesn't HELP to have more. Having more doesn't defeat the purpose....which is to conduct heat away from the chip. There needs to be a certain amount, more was put there, PURPOSE NOT DEFEATED

jesus, again read the article YOU POSTED.

the purpose is to conduct heat, it doesn't HELP to have more. Having more doesn't defeat the purpose....which is to conduct heat away from the chip. There needs to be a certain amount, more was put there, PURPOSE NOT DEFEATED

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

You use an article on the basis that it has accurate info about the MBP, which you dislike. When it has information that doesn't go against the build of the MBP, you choose to ignore/refute it yourself? You should at least introduce new material which backs up your point, or else you just look like a biased fool.

Macs do have problems with their builds, but there are MANY PCs with similar, worse problems. As a person who has had multiple PCs and Macs, I would know the comparisons. It's also difficult to say that PCs are built better than Macs, because you have to be careful about WHICH PC. There are some PC laptops which won't break in a hundred years and other PCs which will break down after 2. I think it's more valid to argue about the quality of the operating system rather than the build of the computers, because it depends which company is building the PC.

You use an article on the basis that it has accurate info about the MBP, which you dislike. When it has information that doesn't go against the build of the MBP, you choose to ignore/refute it yourself? You should at least introduce new material which backs up your point, or else you just look like a biased fool.

Macs do have problems with their builds, but there are MANY PCs with similar, worse problems. As a person who has had multiple PCs and Macs, I would know the comparisons. It's also difficult to say that PCs are built better than Macs, because you have to be careful about WHICH PC. There are some PC laptops which won't break in a hundred years and other PCs which will break down after 2. I think it's more valid to argue about the quality of the operating system rather than the build of the computers, because it depends which company is building the PC.

Originally Posted by bruce negro

Nah..i just skipped over that part
grin.gif

I did notice this, though

Holy thermal paste! Time will tell if the gobs of thermal paste applied to the CPU and GPU will cause overheating issues down the road.
Which proves what i've been saying.

Originally Posted by bruce negro

Nah..i just skipped over that part
grin.gif

I did notice this, though

Holy thermal paste! Time will tell if the gobs of thermal paste applied to the CPU and GPU will cause overheating issues down the road.
Which proves what i've been saying.

Right.
laugh.gif
dudes cherry picking info to support their hatred. I'll never understand for the life of me why yall care so much about what the next person buys.

Right.
laugh.gif
dudes cherry picking info to support their hatred. I'll never understand for the life of me why yall care so much about what the next person buys.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Right.
laugh.gif

Exactly what I always think. This and the phone wars thing is so dumb.

And what PC laptop has a top build to it? I think all PCs are made just as bad.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Right.
laugh.gif

Exactly what I always think. This and the phone wars thing is so dumb.

And what PC laptop has a top build to it? I think all PCs are made just as bad.

Back
Top Bottom