+ New Nike Dunk SB Goretex Dunk Low +

so do US stores get medicom releases?

this really pisses me off. This is exactly what i was talking about in another thread.

nike seems to give us wack color schemes on shoes and then releases something super hot in limited quantity or only available overseas, so that we stay hyped,thus increasing its popularity once again.

seriously...

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

They're nice, but not Medicom nice. SMH at Nike if they are extremely limited.
taken from the Cooked Tongues website:

This is a good shoe. Perhaps we're just really, really easily impressed after being assailed with colours, applications and unwanted plotlines, and the recent Dunk festivities were more of the same, bar the introduction of the mightily agreeable Zoom Dunk Hi and Low, but this just appeals to us. Light grey or white just has an ethereal appeal, whether it's the old white Dunk template or the iD blanks.

It's kind of a cop-out in many ways, given the plethora of materials, textures and shades that are on tap, but we don't care - wearable is wearable, and we've missed some of the plainer Dunk creations that sprung up in SB's heyday. But one outlet for a welcome sparseness with a twist has been Medicom's range of much sought-after Japanese collaborative releases, whether it's an excess of 3M, or snakeskin, the look on the upper has recently been relatively monotone - and this shoe, by all accounts, the fifth Medicom installment, despite a lack of branding, keeps it plain, bar a GORE-TEX lining and we're suckers for that little label, from the Air Minot to the Ketchikan - less so with those fugly Dunks that looked like Wellington Boots gone wrong.

Of course, as visually pleasing as these are, the use of the ever-sensitive material that is suede alongside leather and an unsealed tongue means you won't be able to get your Gene Kelly on unscathed, rendering the GORE-TEX unfunctional, but they're a decent looking design. Maybe we're just good old-fashioned hype-monkeys at heart.
....better start calling up your .jp connects....

ah but of course....thanks nike sb
wink.gif

indifferent.gif

Medicom release = babekubcity.com release only.
It's a Medicom fansite. You can only purchase the kicks if you are part of the site, with a cc from a jp addy.
They've done 3 Dunk SBs so far (3m, Black Denim, and White Snakeskins), as well as multiple Nike collabs.

Originally Posted by aLAthing

Medicom release = babekubcity.com release only.
It's a Medicom fansite. You can only purchase the kicks if you are part of the site, with a cc from a jp addy.
They've done 3 Dunk SBs so far (3m, Black Denim, and White Snakeskins), as well as multiple Nike collabs.
actually 4:

50c35bdaec3a902bcf21749bd822d9721258d87.jpg

91235defef6c9920c5847f56de66399d22ebaaf.jpg

3c42568ebc983ccc78ed22ca514ce19474a6216.jpg

730155ea95c57cda81f81efc760b7bff712bc99.jpg

I knew i forgot one, good lookin out JEEAUDLEY.
The Black Denims are still the best colorway to date, if only they used contrast stitching.

aLAthing wrote:

and what exaactly does this mean? and how do you go about getting into this

wow, just read it.

can't be a member if you live outside of japan. and to join its like $60 plus an on going membership fee i think...

tired.gif

i hate nike for making these another medicom/co.jp/japan exclusive/we hate the USA/cash out your 401k/take a 2nd mortgage/JD is our lovechild out ofwedlock/refinance so you can buy a plane ticket to have the chance to purchase them/Size? can live too/sell your soul/max out your parents credit card/sellhalf your collection/camp out online for three weeks to get your IP address in line to order them through a translated site that will send you fakesanyway.............type of release.

my level of saltiness has skyrocketed with that little piece of information, my blood pressure is rising. thanks nike i feel like a kid who just got robbed onchristmas.

smh.gif
@ being a medicom release.

we get stucc with ******ed colors and everybody else gets the good ##*%

gotta be on some duece bigalow status to afford ##*% nowadays

sometimes i feel like nike decides what shoes to release by what shoes everyone on niketalk hates, and then the ones people like they either scrap and makesamples or just make them real limited, a nike conspiracy theory in my book

^so you think nikes out to get us? lol

whatever the case maybe.. nike done screwed us enough times and all we can ever do is sit here and complain.

^ i think its a rumor - havnt been up with the thread but since Nike already sent the samples to the outlet i think its def. scrapped

Originally Posted by bornfeetfirst

sometimes i feel like nike decides what shoes to release by what shoes everyone on niketalk hates, and then the ones people like they either scrap and make samples or just make them real limited, a nike conspiracy theory in my book

makes no sense business-wise.... what most likely happens is the people who they get to design the "limited" releases are sneakerheads or artists andtherefore those releases (for the most part) tend to be nicer than the regular releases.

Back
Top Bottom