***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

How would a Japanese person be impacted by the word “kamikaze”? I’m curious.
I'll keep it simple, Kamikaze's are from world war 2 and the Japanese suffered a lot in that war plus the Kamikaze were literally sacrificing their lives like martyrs for their country so its traumatic and could be offensive. I'm not trying to be some woke prick I'm simply pointing out that you can't say it doesn't matter when it hasn't impacted you directly.

Last edited:
bb4572659056e0adfde07d90aff5f30f.gif

💩🚽🤮🗑️👎🙄

Although I never cared about the Reebok Answer IV, I can't believe they wasted a creation/collaboration on them with this 💩. I wonder what Allen Iverson thinks of them. I wonder if he even followed the Power Rangers back in the '90s.

Knowing people in the MMPR or just the PR community in general , they are a HUGE market. I know cats who ain't into shoes that have copped the whole collection pretty much. The box concept was a nice touch too. There was a few standouts IMO the AI megazord and and c club sabretooth I think we're pretty dope I wouldn't buy but I liked the design. I think this villain pack is pretty dope(better than the heroes) would consider if on discount of course lol

The Kamikaze are being renamed.

Dumb. Wasn't an issue 28 years ago and still isn't now.

The real issue is why they don't pay the Reignman and put his name on the toebox.

That ugly low pair that therealest1 therealest1 posted in that IG post has some bogus writing so it's definitely NOT a technical issue.

I'll keep it simple, Kamikaze's are from world war 2 and the Japanese suffered a lot in that war plus the Kamikaze were literally sacrificing their lives like martyrs for their country so its traumatic and could be offensive. I'm not trying to be some woke prick I'm simply pointing out that you can't say it doesn't matter when it hasn't impacted you directly.
I recall the Kamizakes dropping in on Pearl Habor. But I'm American and we won the war so maybe that's an "alternative history". I don't recall the American army deliberately dive bombing planes into other countries killing our pilots.

That’s what I thought - so wouldn’t the US/Americans have more of an issue? My grandparents were stationed at Pearl Harbor but it killed. Looks like it would effect me more than a Japanese “survivor” of kamikaze attacks which means I can say… doesn’t affect me one bit.

It’s woke for the sake of wokeness.

That’s what I thought - so wouldn’t the US/Americans have more of an issue? My grandparents were stationed at Pearl Harbor but it killed. Looks like it would effect me more than a Japanese “survivor” of kamikaze attacks which means I can say… doesn’t affect me one bit.

It’s woke for the sake of wokeness.
Why would Americans have more of an issue? Not to say Pearl Harbor wasn't terrible, it was but if you really wanna compare the combat between USA and Japanese Empire in WW2 with casualties and aftermath it's not even close, Japan attacked an armed U.S fleet (some say they were even provoked) while the U.S dropped bombs on 2 large cities with civilian populations with generational chemical consequences considering part of the war was on Japanese land. It honestly wasn't woke for being woke I am a history buff and I gave a straight forward answer as to why Reebok may think the name is insensitive to Japanese. The point is that people can't say it is irrelevant when that doesn't pertain to them. First step is always awareness.

And related to Reebok I just copped a pair of the OG citron instapump fury, excited to get them soon!

Why would Americans have more of an issue? Not to say Pearl Harbor wasn't terrible, it was but if you really wanna compare the combat between USA and Japanese Empire in WW2 with casualties and aftermath it's not even close, Japan attacked an armed U.S fleet (some say they were even provoked) while the U.S dropped bombs on 2 large cities with civilian populations with generational chemical consequences considering part of the war was on Japanese land. It honestly wasn't woke for being woke I am a history buff and I gave a straight forward answer as to why Reebok may think the name is insensitive to Japanese. The point is that people can't say it is irrelevant when that doesn't pertain to them. First step is always awareness.

And related to Reebok I just copped a pair of the OG citron instapump fury, excited to get them soon!
But we didn’t call those bombs “kamikaze’s”. I wasn’t saying you were being woke (or didn’t mean it that way) - I was referring to Reebok. There isn’t a soul alive who cares about Reebok and sneakers who also has nightmares about the bombs or Pearl Harbor attack - it was over 80 years ago. This is Reebok trying to garner PR for nothing - and it makes no sense at all. If the name “Kamikaze” offends someone then they need to rethink their life goals.

I’m sure I’m in the minority here....but I like those Answer IV and Kamikaze low Power Rangers shoes. One is extra loud (for hooping/gym) and the other is clean for some casual wear (running errands etc.)

I’m sure I’m in the minority here....but I like those Answer IV and Kamikaze low Power Rangers shoes. One is extra loud (for hooping/gym) and the other is clean for some casual wear (running errands etc.)
i dig the whole set honestly. Those Answers are a hazard on the court with that piping/tube thingys lol cats could get stuck or trip on them lbvs .

Attachments

• 62334ff3ad9a6145ee4ab8e1_20.jpg
    62334ff3ad9a6145ee4ab8e1_20.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 83
i dig the whole set honestly. Those Answers are a hazard on the court with that piping/tube thingys lol cats could get stuck or trip on them lbvs .
Oh wow, didn’t realize the plastic piping stuck out that much. The other pic made it seem like it was tucked in closer to the shoe. Yeah, that could definitely be a hazard on the court. Hope Reebok makes it a detachable option on the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom