***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

All those Reeboks in the background of that pic are nice too. I don't understand the hate for Reebok's current line up. I'm not a cross fit guy but would have no problem rocking these with cargo shorts or b-ball shorts. If they're popular with the younger folk....then what's the problem?

You're right. And I hope they do better in the long run than the zig tech joints. I don't do cf either and would wear them casually. I think Reebok did a good job during all-star weekend. They, imo, beat Nike and JB at their own game. And adidas blew it out of the water with the Xeno pack. Under Armour is doing a great job with their CF Drive and SC1 lines. Right now there is more diversity than there has been in years. I just hope it keeps going.

Going back to retros, Shaq IVs and blk/blue Blasts on FNL for $49.99.

There is nothing wrong with buying on a discount, its nothing new, before the social media and the hype, everyone with a little bit more sense and logic was waiting for the better price, who would want to spend more, if they can spend less, now days kids get brain washed by the Swoosh to think almost all is limited and they have to buy it now, at this moment. It is OK if you don't grab a pair on a release date, its OK if you don't have the latest release just like (insert random influencer name here) that day. What the NIke/JB heads think about Reebok is my last concern, and I am sure Reebok's as well, pumping out new products is great, if it manages somehow to bring revenue and more fans - great, but personally I am not buying any of those "new" shoes, OG or nothing. 

Honestly trent, the new stuff isn't half bad for gym wear, grocery runs, shoveling snow, etc... Plus Reebok is constantly having sales so their shoes get discounted quite heavily.

Reebok Classics cannot survive on its own seeing as retro product has to be slashed heavily in order to move units (except when it's limited).

If Reebok has to churn out some cookie-cutter plastic/mesh 'gym' shoes in order drop at least one or two unique retros in a year then so be it.

The"Pump" text is a little more subtle on these because of the colors.

I just did the pre order for the ones at major. By far the best collab they have done with reebok imo. The cherry blossom theme All over the shoe is awesome. Love there shop as well. Always stop in whenever I go to gtown

Anyone know a site where I can find those mita x ventilators in a 13 or would I be able to get away with a 12? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
They're sold out in 13 thats why im thinking about getting the 12 not sure how wise a move that would be.

Man I been waiting to get these babies for over a year, I really thought I wasnt guna get them. Packers held for 3 week after being purchased and called to confirm billing address. Some baby creasing one the right toe box and some glue stains but to be honest I'm just happy to have them

Reebok Basketball is dead. they are barely making any more of releasing retros so they have shifted their focus on Fitness like Crossfit and now the UFC.

in the 90s Reebok had a huge presence in the NBA with multiple signature athletes. shaq, dee brown, nick van excel, Allen iverson, Dominique etc.

in the 2000s things slowed down they had Yao ming which was short lived and Jason Terry which was never a superstar that could carry a line.

Reebok officially now has nothing not a single athlete in the NBA on their roster. they ****** up with John Wall by releasing that zig tech garbage and he moved to adidas and is quite happy.

they also just lost Isaiah Thomas who used to rock all the Kamikaze PEs.

with that being said financially it barely makes sesne for Reebok to even release retro product. due to the fact that when a shoe is nice but expensive there usually 2 responses.

1. I'm not paying that for a Reebok
2. these are dope I'll wait till they hit the clearance racks.

as a business when you hear that type of **** it discourages you from releasing retro product when you know people are just going to wait until it's on sale.

Reebok should have kept the same business model they had when they released the Shaq attaq 1 in the white and blue OG color. do a wide release but keep it limited so that people buy it at full price and it sells out. not mass produced the **** out of it until it's on clearance and Marshalls for 39.99 like all the following colors of that model.

Reebok know where it's money is being made and the Pump Z is the first shoe they released in a while that is getting a major push.

I got a pair gifted to be by Reebok and they are actually a really great shoe. If you give them a chance and actually try them on they are probably one of the most comfortable shoes I own. it feels like I'm walking on 2 pillows.

I hope this shoe does well and I am definitely planning on buying the other colors when they release.

with that being said financially it barely makes sesne for Reebok to even release retro product. due to the fact that when a shoe is nice but expensive there usually 2 responses.

as a business when you hear that type of **** it discourages you from releasing retro product when you know people are just going to wait until it's on sale.

Reebok should have kept the same business model they had when they released the Shaq attaq 1 in the white and blue OG color. do a wide release but keep it limited so that people buy it at full price and it sells out. not mass produced the **** out of it until it's on clearance and Marshalls for 39.99 like all the following colors of that model.

My dude, this is what myself and some others have been preaching for some time and it's applicable to FILA and some of the other non-Nike/JB brands.

It's not even the 'discount' mentality that cats have, as there is nothing wrong with buying joints for half off or even 60% off - that's why margins exist and saving money is good. It's the damn 'outlet/clearance' mentality to grab joints at $20-$40 that pretty much have sealed the fate for both Reebok & FILA retro product.

At least the US has a large enough population to continue selling retro product there (albeit severely limiting the catalog) but smaller markets like Canada & Australia have seen a complete shut down.

100% correct I live in Canada and we rarely get any Reeboks. Im lucky we have Livestock here otherwise we would get nothing. i got to my local foot locker and champs and theres maybe 3 or 4 reeboks in the entire store. They have 0 presence in todays market. Their market share is less than 1 % and they have now put all their eggs in the crossfire / ufc basket. Completely pulled out of basketball they do provide the uniforms for the NHL but thats about it.

REEBOK In todays market is now associated as a discount brand. The only reebok shoe that consistently sells out are the pump fury and thats due to the asian market. otherwise even shoes that are limited to 1000 pairs sit. look at the token38 releases all of them except the Alamo Kaze are still available in almost a full size run.

how is Jordan brand selling 500 thousand pairs of columbia 11s in 3 hours. but reebok can't move 1000 units of the question its most popular silhouette?

at this point reebok has now relied on Collabs to survive in the Retro market. without those they would have closed up shop a long time ago. Collars used to be special. they came out of nowhere and were limited. Reebok has whored out the collab idea as well by releasing 40 - 50 collabs per year.

2013 had reebok released over 30 Classic leather collars

2014 they have around 38-40 Fury collars and the 22 Pump 25 collars

this year is the Ventilator. The year just started and they already have EB, mita, sns, major, melody eshani, sixpack france and a few others with at least 20 more to go.

and next year is the 20th anniversary of the question and those will be saturating the market.

Reebok Basketball is dead. they are barely making any more of releasing retros so they have shifted their focus on Fitness like Crossfit and now the UFC.

in the 90s Reebok had a huge presence in the NBA with multiple signature athletes. shaq, dee brown, nick van excel, Allen iverson, Dominique etc.

in the 2000s things slowed down they had Yao ming which was short lived and Jason Terry which was never a superstar that could carry a line.

Reebok officially now has nothing not a single athlete in the NBA on their roster. they ****** up with John Wall by releasing that zig tech garbage and he moved to adidas and is quite happy.

they also just lost Isaiah Thomas who used to rock all the Kamikaze PEs.

Reebok know where it's money is being made and the Pump Z is the first shoe they released in a while that is getting a major push.

I got a pair gifted to be by Reebok and they are actually a really great shoe. If you give them a chance and actually try them on they are probably one of the most comfortable shoes I own. it feels like I'm walking on 2 pillows.

I hope this shoe does well and I am definitely planning on buying the other colors when they release.
Sad but true, it's the same for Puma Basketball, they had a nice line up in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and early 90s, but now they don't even make retro ball shoes anymore.. Z pump's look fresh really like the Pump font on the shoe..

100% correct I live in Canada and we rarely get any Reeboks. Im lucky we have Livestock here otherwise we would get nothing. i got to my local foot locker and champs and theres maybe 3 or 4 reeboks in the entire store. They have 0 presence in todays market. Their market share is less than 1 % and they have now put all their eggs in the crossfire / ufc basket. Completely pulled out of basketball they do provide the uniforms for the NHL but thats about it.

REEBOK In todays market is now associated as a discount brand. The only reebok shoe that consistently sells out are the pump fury and thats due to the asian market. otherwise even shoes that are limited to 1000 pairs sit. look at the token38 releases all of them except the Alamo Kaze are still available in almost a full size run.

how is Jordan brand selling 500 thousand pairs of columbia 11s in 3 hours. but reebok can't move 1000 units of the question its most popular silhouette?

at this point reebok has now relied on Collabs to survive in the Retro market. without those they would have closed up shop a long time ago. Collars used to be special. they came out of nowhere and were limited. Reebok has whored out the collab idea as well by releasing 40 - 50 collabs per year.

2013 had reebok released over 30 Classic leather collars

2014 they have around 38-40 Fury collars and the 22 Pump 25 collars

this year is the Ventilator. The year just started and they already have EB, mita, sns, major, melody eshani, sixpack france and a few others with at least 20 more to go.

and next year is the 20th anniversary of the question and those will be saturating the market.

True. But I think it took a while for JB retros to catch on. 2000-2001, I can remember the Columbia/Black and Grey/Pure White and silver 4's, Laney and Pure White and silver 5's sitting to the point where they were in like a 2 for $100 at my local FNL. I honestly think at that point, is where people were like wtf is up with Jordan, because at tha same time the XV came out and everyone hated them. Even in 2002 my wife bought me the blk/silver and Carolina 6 lows right before our honeymoon, for like $120. Then they started to flood the market with everything and people began to buy. Now the tables have turned. Nobody cares for the new numbered ones with new tech, they camp out for retros. I've already found XX9's for below $100, which some were $225. JB has had there blunders like the over saturation of the AJ 1 mid and low, soon to be the hi as well. Don't forget about probably one of the worst creations in the AJF line. All in all, I realize that as the consumer I still have the advantage. I can either buy it or not.

Why you guys even want reebok retros or other non nikes to be like nike and jordan is beyond me

I love getting these shoes easy and cheap

These companies arent going anywhere especially when it only takes a few dollars to make a shoe.

Ive been getting fila retros for under 30 bucks for 16 years now. SIXTEEN frickin years.

You guys gotta stop being paranoid

The day reebok or fila get kinda hard to buy like nike and their jordan products is the day i stop buying their stuff.

As long as reebok has their go to shoes like the classics, pumps, questions etc, they arent going anywhere.

If fila can survive this long so can they

Adidas basketball retros have been trash though. Cant even put the right midsole on some of their shoes lol

you cant compare the 2 as they are completley different times.  The sneaker game has changed tremendously since 2001.  first off there was no sneaker blogs hyping up sneaker releases.  also all shoes sat.  you didnt have to line up for ****.  even up until 2007-2008 i could get all my jordans for less than retail.  i got my aqua 8s on cleareance at foot locker in 08 for 99 dollars in 06 i got both varsity red 6s for about 130 canadian on sale and even got my countown pack 3 and 20s for 199 at the nike store.   

everything changed around 2010-2011 when the concords released and everyone wanted to all of a sudden be a so called sneaker head.  sneaker collecting back then was a subculture.  very small group of people collected shoes. 

nowadays tho when everything is hyped up and all shoes are limited and there are a multitide of blogs and way to buy shoes rather than walk to your local store its just pretty sad that reebok cant move a measly 1000 units.  

what does that have to do with reebok and fila?

and you are wrong. the first time the cool grey xi released that was hell

huge lines and fights and that released in 2001 matter a fact all xi's retros werent easy to cop back then

also original retro colorways always sold well.

though its not as hard with all the line waiting online nowadays you had to be online at 9 pm west coast time on the dot to get an original retro colorway release.

im not talking the retro plus colorways cuz they never really sold well and not the unpopular sizes which were commonly left

Last edited:
not sure where u live but when the concords dropped in 2000 they were still sitting on shelves here in canada for retail price of 159.99.

even up until the space jams 2009 release we still were able to pre order shoes from foot locker with no issues.  just pay in advance and got grab the shoe the day of release.  

Reebok has great sneakers. Nike/JB does as well. I can wait on a lot of Reeboks to drop in price, because I know the demand is not always there. I can do the same with some of Nike retros. JB does what they do, and I approach buying their products the same way. I will miss out on a lot of purchases because of availability. Some will be by choice. Either way, I'm just an old cat who loves sneakers.

Last edited:
not sure where u live but when the concords dropped in 2000 they were still sitting on shelves here in canada for retail price of 159.99.

even up until the space jams 2009 release we still were able to pre order shoes from foot locker with no issues.  just pay in advance and got grab the shoe the day of release.  

Laced heat, I'm from Toronto and while there's truth to what you're saying - you just can't compare the 'sneaker' culture in Canada to that of the US. For the most part, we have lousy weather for about half of the year so wearing 'basketball' shoes all year around is not viable unless you want to turn your shoes into beater status.

Secondly our population is simply not as big as that of the US - the overall demand is simply not there and on top of that, our Canadian consumers have 0 brand loyalty as is evident by long time Canadian brands shuttering and as of late even US brands like Target folding operations too.

Finally our sneaker prices tend to be horrible and our local retailers tend to be very, very slow to discount product. I'm seeing Lebron XI GRs in some of the big chains still retailing for $249.99 CAD. Contrast that to the US, where Lebron XII GRs are being moved with discounts within about a month to make way for the next GR.

I do remember JB retro product sitting in the late 90s and early 00s but those were different times - social media didn't exist and people were less 'sheep-like'. Now you have every hack 'rapper' or C-lister sporting Nike/JB retros and the masses/sheep just want to do the same.

Last edited:
Why you guys even want reebok retros or other non nikes to be like nike and jordan is beyond me

I love getting these shoes easy and cheap

These companies arent going anywhere especially when it only takes a few dollars to make a shoe.

Ive been getting fila retros for under 30 bucks for 16 years now. SIXTEEN frickin years.

You guys gotta stop being paranoid

The day reebok or fila get kinda hard to buy like nike and their jordan products is the day i stop buying their stuff.

As long as reebok has their go to shoes like the classics, pumps, questions etc, they arent going anywhere.

If fila can survive this long so can they

Adidas basketball retros have been trash though. Cant even put the right midsole on some of their shoes lol

NK, after 16 years aren't you tired of buying the same 'ish over and over?

It ain't hard to take care of your shoes and I personally think it is not worth it having multiple colourways of the same model. Yes it does make for nice collection photos - but the reality is that you're getting the same 'experience' (in terms of cushioning and feel) no matter what colour of that model you wear.

I think myself, Laced Heat and some of the others just want more variety in the retro catalog - not the same crap with some different materials and colourways. With things going the way they are, it's hard to make a business case to retro an older shoe if it's inevitably going to be blown out for 1/5 of the MSRP.

So Laced Heat says that next year is the 20th Anniversary of the Question - I personally think they ought to not release a single Question retro next year in honor of this. This shoe has quite frankly been run into the ground in terms of retros.

Back
Top Bottom