New song about Nikes/Jays and consumer culture. Not as corny as I expected [VIDEO]

If you can get past the beginning of the song, the blatant ripped off Em-esq rapping style [see all "hard" white rappers] the video is actually pretty good..

You may remember a few months back Macklemore and Ryan Lewis dropped their latest single ‘Wings’. It’s a real passionatestorytelling hip hop track, talking about Macklemore’s personal story of love for Nike’s as a kid, then moves into how American culture is ruled by consumerism. Ryan Lewis’s beat is very well done, and the live instruments really add cinematic value to the song. The music video is incredibly well done, and after raising $20k for it and recruiting Zia Mohajerjasbi to direct it, you know it’s going to be epic. The outcome is one of the best music videos to get made but an independent I have ever seen. Chill out and enjoy!

reppin that PNW
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not so sure about the song but it holds a lot of memories of my childhood. The beginning anyway

Song wasn't that bad actually, video was really very made.
I think it showed the transition of the Jordan wearer pretty well.
That asian dude with the all jordan everything and all those DS basketball kicks sorta personified NT (sneaker showcase) to me.

so its just homage to Jordan commericals? the song messed up the appeal of the video for me. need to watch it on silent

Great message, and I agree, people get far too consumed with the brand. That shot of the chick with all of the kicks was kind of sad to me, mainly b/c of the vibe I was getting from the song. Phil knight created a monster, corporate dope dealer. And it is an addiction to many people.

Glad I haven't bought a pair of js in 6 yrs.

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
So lame.  It's nowhere near as serious as he made it out to be

That was just awful . Guy is such a lame and I'm from Seattle so I would love to see a local make it.. His songs are WAY to over dramatic. 

Funny, I had 2 friend on fbook tag me with this video today lol. I liked it at first, but way too overdramatic imo. I mean I like the dudes music, and the paying homage was cool, but the song just fell through for me.

As soon as I say this thread title I knew it was gonna be this video
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom