New song about Nikes/Jays and consumer culture. Not as corny as I expected [VIDEO]

Lol atfoljs trying to preach .whether you like it or not everybody is about profits that dude at the grocery store who smiles and says welcome doesn't really like you hell he might not like his job but he is gonna put on a front for Profit.No major company is gonna be completely emphatic to needs and wants of some poor kid who got murdered for some jays,they will be emphatic to the wants of thousands of individuals who want a pair of jordans on an Internet forum.nt helped contribute to the death of adude over some foamposites . Nike talk is just as bad as Nike since we contribute to the hype and chaos. Phil knight is a monster then ninjahood,trethousandgt,ksteezy,henzo then all of us are.

It seems like many older members tend to forget what this site is and what they came here for.You all want to blame everybody except yourselves for nikes current state.

I know what really happened and how Nike took notice of us after NT began and how they tried to create more of the collector consumer through limiting runs of certain sneakers, but how that just led to HBs and how Nike took advantage of the situation and lowered quality on a variety of shoes, made changes to pairs, and basically drove so many collectors away that the culture as far as Nike is concerned is essentially artificial and for the most part made up not of actual collectors, but instead hype beasts (HBs), noobs, and just uninformed individuals who know nothing of the brand's history or even that the older models were better etc etc etc....I heard the story straight from the source. That's why I'm trying to inform people of the situation and getting them to realize (as far as this thread goes, I am still trying in other threads) that Macklemore is right and how more people should stop buying Jordans just because they seem to have a status symbol or hype. I'm sure a lot of you guys who are against me don't buy them for hype, but I'd bet that some of you do in fact still buy them and that's perfectly fine, but I just can't see how you can knowingly wear a shoe that is inferior to it's predecessor and be satisfied. I stopped buying Jordans in 05 and I'm not telling you not to buy them, I'm suggesting that you stop for the culture's (collecting) sake.

It's really sad that so many older collectors still don't get it.....Macklemore has a serious point that you guys should listen to.

Lol atfoljs trying to preach .whether you like it or not everybody is about profits that dude at the grocery store who smiles and says welcome doesn't really like you hell he might not like his job but he is gonna put on a front for Profit.No major company is gonna be completely emphatic to needs and wants of some poor kid who got murdered for some jays,they will be emphatic to the wants of thousands of individuals who want a pair of jordans on an Internet forum.nt helped contribute to the death of adude over some foamposites . Nike talk is just as bad as Nike since we contribute to the hype and chaos. Phil knight is a monster then ninjahood,trethousandgt,ksteezy,henzo then all of us are.

It seems like many older members tend to forget what this site is and what they came here for.You all want to blame everybody except yourselves for nikes current state.

I know what really happened and how Nike took notice of us after NT began and how they tried to create more of the collector consumer through limiting runs of certain sneakers, but how that just led to HBs and how Nike took advantage of the situation and lowered quality on a variety of shoes, made changes to pairs, and basically drove so many collectors away that the culture as far as Nike is concerned is essentially artificial and for the most part made up not of actual collectors, but instead hype beasts (HBs), noobs, and just uninformed individuals who know nothing of the brand's history or even that the older models were better etc etc etc....I heard the story straight from the source. That's why I'm trying to inform people of the situation and getting them to realize (as far as this thread goes, I am still trying in other threads) that Macklemore is right and how more people should stop buying Jordans just because they seem to have a status symbol or hype. I'm sure a lot of you guys who are against me don't buy them for hype, but I'd bet that some of you do in fact still buy them and that's perfectly fine, but I just can't see how you can knowingly wear a shoe that is inferior to it's predecessor and be satisfied. I stopped buying Jordans in 05 and I'm not telling you not to buy them, I'm suggesting that you stop for the culture's (collecting) sake.
Because JB/ Nike are still profitable from Jordans (stores are still ordering them because consumers are still buying), they won't stop.....the reason stores are still ordering is because people (EVEN ON NT WHO HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR AWHILE) are still buying their trash........./thread

It's really sad that so many older collectors still don't get it.....Macklemore has a serious point that you guys should listen to.

You rich kids crack me up.

You can't blame Nike, Jordan, the dealers or the pimps.  If you are dumb enough to become an addict and let material things run your life then its not their fault for creating a "buzz" or "hype".  You guys do know Nike/JB is a business right...meaning their goal is to make $$$.  Shoes are shoes and if you make it an addiction thats on you.

Most people that grew up with concept of working and understanding a dollar don't relate to this weak video.  People who work to build there collection of shoes understand when to stop buying and pay the bills.  It's only the rich kids who wanna be "swagged" out that feel the need to buy every sneaker release.

Good luck on your PSA though
laugh.gif

So you guys are cool with getting jumped for your jay's and then just shrugging it off and putting on a another pair?  I felt no pain and can't relate to this tomfoolery.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Thirsty for some Bred 4's now.  Good song

Word! Im not a JB fan anymore but DAMN I want some Black and Red 4s now.
ohwell.gif

The song and the video was dope
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

jordan brand is a joke,, i still mess with some nikes but jb is just a slap in the face ,the material they use is disgusting and have the nerve to raise prices yet there sneakers arent even meant to ball in ,,i like the video most cats here wont like it cuz what the guy is saying is true, i still mess with kicks but u cant say what homie is sayin isnt true

Originally Posted by zapatito007

jordan brand is a joke,, i still mess with some nikes but jb is just a slap in the face ,the material they use is disgusting and have the nerve to raise prices yet there sneakers arent even meant to ball in ,,i like the video most cats here wont like it cuz what the guy is saying is true, i still mess with kicks but u cant say what homie (Macklemore) is sayin isnt true

fixed
THIS
bustinxjustin wrote:
I enjoyed the song/video. I don't think it's that serious though.

To be honest I know that, but I saw it as an easy opportunity to try and inform more people of what really happened, which I was told/ informed by a VERY credible source here on NT.

Back
Top Bottom