New video of the Oscar Grant shooting

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Stop making it seem like you're at ground zero with the rest of 'em. I go to school in Oakland and I know what Oakland is about. The city's reputation preceeds it but it would be dumb to say the reputation is unwarranted. And I still think it was pathetic what those goons did.

The media only showed the carnage, I'll agree with you there. There were those people who protested the right way. But because of the collateral damage and the straight up foolishness, the message is not being heard.

Basically what I'm getting at is this: to say the entire protest wasn't hostile is laughable. Because tonight's events as a whole were a protest, only branched off into parts. And many people who decided to branch off conducted themselves in a sad and sorry way. Making cops be on edge, only contributing to stories like the one that's being protested against.
That's what I'm trying to get AT. You go to school in Oakland and you know what Oakland is all about??? Right??? Would you feel safe inthat protest????? I don't know for you but I do. Did you see that man that got interviewed after his car got burned??? I would feel the same as him. Whatyou are doing is perpetuating people to think Oakland is just violent without means. This started off as a protest and the goons decided to join in. Yes,it's hostile, but ask yourself this. If it was that hostile, how come the mayor and vice mayor can be at city hall with all these people hostile? MaybeI'm only looking at the postive, and you only looking at the negative. Personally, if car-bashing, and window's breaking brings attention to policebrutality, I'm all for it. In the end, we as a society have to make sacrifices to better our cause. Nothing comes easy. Including goons destroyingproperty.

Edit: BTW, I wasn't there, just 5 mins away, hearing sirens, cop cars, helicoptors . I know it's havoc, but it's a good thing to me. It bringsattention to a killing like this. Like I said before, as long as the cop goes down for what he did through political reasons or through condemption, I can careless. He executed that dude.

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Stop making it seem like you're at ground zero with the rest of 'em. I go to school in Oakland and I know what Oakland is about. The city's
reputation preceeds it but it would be dumb to say the reputation is unwarranted. And I still think it was pathetic what those goons did.

How do you know he wasn't out there? Who cares if you go to school in Oakland, it doesn't mean you know anything about this city.

Basically what I'm getting at is this: to say the entire protest wasn't hostile is laughable. Because tonight's events as a whole were a protest,
only branched off into parts. And many people who decided to branch off conducted themselves in a sad and sorry way. Making cops be on edge, only contributing
to stories like the one that's being protested against.

No one ever said the entire protest wasn't hostile, in fact both dudes above you addressed that there were parts about it that were.

He's been on his *%!!@#@ computer the whole night. And I don't expect anyone to give a damn about where I go to school, but for him to sit there andspew all this $%@* about him living 5 minutes away means jack $%@*. As if he's the only one that knows Oakland for what it is.

Go back and read more replies from the dude before coming at me sideways.

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Stop making it seem like you're at ground zero with the rest of 'em. I go to school in Oakland and I know what Oakland is about. The city's reputation preceeds it but it would be dumb to say the reputation is unwarranted. And I still think it was pathetic what those goons did.

The media only showed the carnage, I'll agree with you there. There were those people who protested the right way. But because of the collateral damage and the straight up foolishness, the message is not being heard.

Basically what I'm getting at is this: to say the entire protest wasn't hostile is laughable. Because tonight's events as a whole were a protest, only branched off into parts. And many people who decided to branch off conducted themselves in a sad and sorry way. Making cops be on edge, only contributing to stories like the one that's being protested against.
That's what I'm trying to get AT. You go to school in Oakland and you know what Oakland is all about??? Right??? Would you feel safe in that protest????? I don't know for you but I do. Did you see that man that got interviewed after his car got burned??? I would feel the same as him. What you are doing is perpetuating people to think Oakland is just violent without means. This started off as a protest and the goons decided to join in. Yes, it's hostile, but ask yourself this. If it was that hostile, how come the mayor and vice mayor can be at city hall with all these people hostile? Maybe I'm only looking at the postive, and you only looking at the negative. Personally, if car-bashing, and window's breaking brings attention to police brutality, I'm all for it. In the end, we as a society have to make sacrifices to better our cause. Nothing comes easy. Including goons destroying property.

*+%! no I wouldn't feel safe in that protest.

Oakland is violent, PERIOD. Means or no means, that's another discussion.

Ok, so now you admit all of this was hostile after seeing some vids. Awesome.

You've mentioned the mayor being out there about 3635436 times. He probably came out with dozens of cops protecting him. And what does ground zero meanto you? For me it's broken store windows and busted cars. Was the mayor out there apologizing to the car owners that some of the citizens of his city ascomplete wastes of life? Doubt it.

For you to say broken cars are a small price to pay .. Who the *+%! are you to say that? Volunteer that you're car be the first to be smashed up, and thentalk to me.

My favorite part is this:

I'm all for it. In the end, we as a society have to make sacrifices to better our cause. Nothing comes easy. Including goons destroying property.
laugh.gif
Get the +@$* outta here, man. You're completelyfull of $#$#. Why should innocent people "sacrifice" their property for a message that can be achieved in a CIVIL way. You used the word"SOCIETY" yet you're condoning animalistic behavior. Get real and grow the +@$* up.

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Stop making it seem like you're at ground zero with the rest of 'em. I go to school in Oakland and I know what Oakland is about. The city's
reputation preceeds it but it would be dumb to say the reputation is unwarranted. And I still think it was pathetic what those goons did.

How do you know he wasn't out there? Who cares if you go to school in Oakland, it doesn't mean you know anything about this city.

Basically what I'm getting at is this: to say the entire protest wasn't hostile is laughable. Because tonight's events as a whole were a protest,
only branched off into parts. And many people who decided to branch off conducted themselves in a sad and sorry way. Making cops be on edge, only contributing
to stories like the one that's being protested against.

No one ever said the entire protest wasn't hostile, in fact both dudes above you addressed that there were parts about it that were.

He's been on his *%!!@#@ computer the whole night. And I don't expect anyone to give a damn about where I go to school, but for him to sit there and spew all this $%@* about him living 5 minutes away means jack $%@*. As if he's the only one that knows Oakland for what it is.

Go back and read more replies from the dude before coming at me sideways.
Yes I've been at the computer all night and your point is? You just saying violence is not warranted in any condition. Even violence againstproperty. Well you need to know property being damage is half the battle. At least people didn't die or get beaten because of race. It's not aboutrace. And Oakland is doing it, by just protesting. You see that protest?? It was filled with all KINDS of people, from young to old, to different races. Itjust shows that people in Oakland are not mad at white,black, whatever race you wanna insert. The only way to get back at injustice when it comes from thegovernment is by destroying property and bringing attention to what is at hand. I'm sorry this ain't no peaceful protest like the civil rights, buthey, we got goons too that just want to destroy.

. The only way to get back at injustice when it comes from the government is by destroying property and bringing attention to what is at hand.
You would think that people would look up to MLK as an example.
Because he damn sure got %%*$ changed by smashing windows, flipping cars, and lighting stuff on fire.
Right?

It IS an injustice, but there are better ways to bring attention to the issue at hand than by rioting.

That's what I'm trying to get AT. You go to school in Oakland and you know what Oakland is all about??? Right??? Would you feel safe in that protest????? I don't know for you but I do. Did you see that man that got interviewed after his car got burned??? I would feel the same as him. What you are doing is perpetuating people to think Oakland is just violent without means. This started off as a protest and the goons decided to join in. Yes, it's hostile, but ask yourself this. If it was that hostile, how come the mayor and vice mayor can be at city hall with all these people hostile? Maybe I'm only looking at the postive, and you only looking at the negative. Personally, if car-bashing, and window's breaking brings attention to police brutality, I'm all for it. In the end, we as a society have to make sacrifices to better our cause. Nothing comes easy. Including goons destroying property.

*+%! no I wouldn't feel safe in that protest.

Oakland is violent, PERIOD. Means or no means, that's another discussion.

Ok, so now you admit all of this was hostile after seeing some vids. Awesome.

You've mentioned the mayor being out there about 3635436 times. He probably came out with dozens of cops protecting him. And what does ground zero mean to you? For me it's broken store windows and busted cars. Was the mayor out there apologizing to the car owners that some of the citizens of his city as complete wastes of life? Doubt it.

For you to say broken cars are a small price to pay .. Who the *+%! are you to say that? Volunteer that you're car be the first to be smashed up, and then talk to me.

I'm all for it. In the end, we as a society have to make sacrifices to better our cause. Nothing comes easy. Including goons destroying property.
laugh.gif
Get the +@$* outta here, man. You're completely full of $#$#. Why should innocent people "sacrifice" their property for a message that can be achieved in a CIVIL way. You used the word "SOCIETY" yet you're condoning animalistic behavior. Get real and grow the +@$* up.

then you a square then brother. The only people I would be scared of is the police. They will beat you. They pushed a girl on her bike like shewas a rag doll. I would feel perfectly fine in that protest. I'm Vietnamese, BTW, if race matters to you. That protest had sense of meaning, EVEN with thatvandalism. Ground zero means OAKLAND PERIOD. IF it was that hostile, dude should be in Hawaii taking phone calls on what's going on. But he chose to be atcity hall cause it's not that bad. If he had half dozen cops like you said and was able to talk to the public mass. A REAL HOSTILE GROUP wouldn't evengive him a chance buddy. Man, you sounding like the news is the truth and is the absolute truth. you talking about Oakland is Violent, yes it is. But the wayyou paint it out is like a war zone, and it ain't that.

And you talking about CIVIL way, get off your high horse man. People have passion, anger and distrust. What you want them to do?? Say " yes we believewhat you gonna do next." There's all types of people from all walks of life in OAKLAND. You want all people to act civil at an emotionally chargeissue???? Dude you need to stop reading books and get out and feel the real world.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

. The only way to get back at injustice when it comes from the government is by destroying property and bringing attention to what is at hand.
You would think that people would look up to MLK as an example.
Because he damn sure got %%*$ changed by smashing windows, flipping cars, and lighting stuff on fire.
Right?

It IS an injustice, but there are better ways to bring attention to the issue at hand than by rioting.
Hey an I can say from my perspective Vietnam was going through injustice and if we kept protesting peacefully, nothing would have happen too. Igrew from the old school. It's not HOW you say it, but WHAT you say that is more important.

laugh.gif
Get the +@$* outta here, man. You're completely full of $#$#. Why should innocent people "sacrifice" their property for a message that can be achieved in a CIVIL way. You used the word "SOCIETY" yet you're condoning animalistic behavior. Get real and grow the +@$* up.

as much as i hate 715, he's got a damn point. you cannot be in favor of that type of action because that borders on anarchy.

Aite word then?

I'm about to drive my @#$ to your house and break your windows, %!%% up your car, the whole 9 yards.
Do you have a problem with that?

It's all for the cause.

If I do that, maybe people will know that I'm angry that an innocent man was killed.

just another reason to hate these despicable jokes called LAW ENFORCERS. in reality they are gangsters with no boundaries. smh

Aite word then?

I'm about to drive my @#$ to your house and break your windows, %!%% up your car, the whole 9 yards.
Do you have a problem with that?

It's all for the cause.

If I do that, maybe people will know that I'm angry that an innocent man was killed.
Yeah you do that, I know I can get my car back with premium insurance. A young man's life was lost. I don't like how you destroyed my car,but I understand. peace.

Does this really help get the point across?
Half of these !+*++*# are just looking for trouble and using this @#%# as an excuse.

Lord knows $%*%@+% up my fellow civilians cars is going to raise issue to the fact that an innocent person was murdered.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

just another reason to hate these despicable jokes called LAW ENFORCERS. in reality they are gangsters with no boundaries. smh

biggest gang in the US

Originally Posted by i3allistic

There talks about 2nd degree murder charges file against the Officer ...hope it goes thru

2nd Degree Murder? Thats it? No he should be brought up on Capitol Murder Charges, i couldnt imagine being held in cuffs, defenseless, then being shot by theones who are supposed to enhance my safety, this is murder...smh...Pac was right ''Cops give a damn about a negro, pull a trigger kill a N*&* hes ahero''

Does this really help get the point across?
Half of these !+*++*# are just looking for trouble and using this @#%# as an excuse.

Lord knows $%*%@+% up my fellow civilians cars is going to raise issue to the fact that an innocent person was murdered.
Didn't I say that there are goons in Oakland??? Hell, I don't need to say it. We got a rep with the highest murder rate every year or skipa year. My point was this protest is about real life. LIFE is complex and you have people that act right and some that don't . In that video, it is wrong,but hey it got your attention, right????? Remember I said that video is wrong. BUT it happens along with the people that are truly about this young boys death.And I don't see why you don't post up that video of Ron Dellums( the mayor) telling everybody to disperse and they just BOO the man. If that crowd waslike the crowd in that video that you just posted then yes I would stop talking to this thread about Oakland not being civilize. However, people� do have apurpose in what they are trying to prove. Stop trying to label me as an anarchist just because I see violence is sometimes a means to get your point across.

smh.gif
at the riots, but it's expected.

Like I said before,

-9mm in the officers head.
-Life in prison for the other officers who saw the gun and didn't say/do anything while holding him down

Anything less is not justice.

^ i guarantee you the cop gets off with a slap on the wrist....The Town will go on an absolute TIRADE

by law here in NY, if an officer sees another officer doing something violent/ excessive aggressiveness against a by standard in custody, and doesn't reacttowards the officer they are suspended first time, and put on trial second time. They are faced with same charges the officer who did the wrong doing is. Idon't know about whacked out Cali though, that place is just going more down hill by the days. Soon Cali will be no more.

And yeah smart lets go mess with the innocent and riot against there cars and smash windows, smart idea you dumb F***S. They all need to go to bed and attendschool the next morning, get that IQ up a little. Oakland is a joke. If that were here in NYC there would be 10000 police in riot gear beating the S*** out ofthe rioters.

the news report says there was two videos. one we;ve seen and one the police took away.. the main police chief or whatever you call him has apparently seenboth and still unconclusive... thats too funny. they want to talk to him first and other officers.

dont police arrest potential suspects or take them away and MAKE them answer questions? this cop dude is running from his problems..

sad times.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

smh.gif
at the riots, but it's expected.

Like I said before,

-9mm in the officers head.
-Life in prison for the other officers who saw the gun and didn't say/do anything while holding him down

Anything less is not justice.

seriously? how stupid is that?

I'm not happy seeing the riots, but i'm not mad at the people doing it. People are acting out in rage because they're upset with the police. Ifyou don't think this will get a message out to the police you're out of your mind. The city they've devoted their lives to protect is in shamblesbecause of their actions.

PS. I would feel safe in the riot. I almost got talked into going as a matter of fact. The only people I would be scared of out there is the police. Straight up.

Back
Top Bottom