New video of the Oscar Grant shooting

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

I'm not happy seeing the riots, but i'm not mad at the people doing it. People are acting out in rage because they're upset with the police. [color= rgb(153, 255, 51)]If you don't think this will get a message out to the police you're out of your mind[/color]. The city they've devoted their lives to protect is in shambles because of their actions.

PS. I would feel safe in the riot. I almost got talked into going as a matter of fact. The only people I would be scared of out there is the police. Straight up.

No sir you are out of you're mind for thinking that. This is going to make them more angry then they already are. I swear some people on NT are dumb.

You don't think it's outrageous that they're trying to protect the officer?

Like I said, this isn't the method that I would go with, but it will be putting some pressure out for action to be taken.

Have a random person shoot somebody and say they thought it was a tazer. See if they would let Oakland burn to protect him.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

smh.gif
at the riots, but it's expected.

Like I said before,

-9mm in the officers head.
-Life in prison for the other officers who saw the gun and didn't say/do anything while holding him down

Anything less is not justice.

seriously? how stupid is that?

What's stupid ? They held dude down and are thus accomplices to murder. A badge doesn't change anything. Dude had his gun pointed at a man that washandcuffed and being held down and they said and did nothing.

Originally Posted by MrBigBusiness

I'm not happy seeing the riots, but i'm not mad at the people doing it. People are acting out in rage because they're upset with the police. [color= rgb(153, 255, 51)]If you don't think this will get a message out to the police you're out of your mind[/color]. The city they've devoted their lives to protect is in shambles because of their actions.

PS. I would feel safe in the riot. I almost got talked into going as a matter of fact. The only people I would be scared of out there is the police. Straight up.

No sir you are out of you're mind for thinking that. This is going to make them more angry then they already are. I swear some people on NT are dumb.

you're dumb if you dont think that a riot would send a message

Im sorry but this is cold-blooded murder, ive been watching this and theres a reason why there hasnt been a statement made by the coward because theres nojustification in this,'' He thought it was a taser'' ok and do you coq back tasers?...

Originally Posted by wildout4

Since when does causing more violence help solve an issue? There are other ways to go about this, rather then smashing hoods of cars. How wouldyou like it if you're mother, sister, girlfriend or wife had there car or personal belongings destroyed over people acting like wild animals over a matterthat doesn't even involve them "personally".

Originally Posted by wildout4

Since when does causing more violence help solve an issue? There are other ways to go about this, rather then smashing hoods of cars. How would you like it if you're mother, sister, girlfriend or wife had there car or personal belongings destroyed over people acting like wild animals over a matter that doesn't even involve them "personally".
Who exactly are you arguing with? I don't see anybody supporting the riot as the best means to handle the issue.

Since when does causing more violence help solve an issue? There are other ways to go about this, rather then smashing hoods of cars. How would you like it if you're mother, sister, girlfriend or wife had there car or personal belongings destroyed over people acting like wild animals over a matter that doesn't even involve them "personally".
At least someone has a lick of sense in this thread.

These people are acting like savages, ruining their own city to "justify" their cause. I suspect that there are a great deal of young children inthis thread who seem to think that these mini riots involving damaged property and fourteen arrests are justified by the BART officer's slaying of Mr.Grant. You'll see the foolishness of your views in a few years after those hormones of puberty cease to rage, and your neurons fire up. I am oftentimesembarrassed to be from Oakland. Our mayor's a rat-bastard and a great deal of our citizens aren't a shred better. More violence is notthe answer to an already violent situation.

Originally Posted by Billy BloodBath

These people are acting like savages, ruining their own city to "justify" their cause. I suspect that there are a great deal of young children in this thread who seem to think that these mini riots involving damaged property and fourteen arrests are justified by the BART officer's slaying of Mr. Grant. You'll see the foolishness of your views in a few years after those hormones of puberty cease to rage, and your neurons fire up. I am oftentimes embarrassed to be from Oakland. Our mayor's a rat-bastard and a great deal of our citizens aren't a shred better. More violence is not the answer to an already violent situation.
They're not rioting as a consequence. They're rioting because he hasn't been brought to justice.

These people are acting like savages, ruining their own city to "justify" their cause. I suspect that there are a great deal of young children in this thread who seem to think that these mini riots involving damaged property and fourteen arrests are justified by the BART officer's slaying of Mr. Grant. You'll see the foolishness of your views in a few years after those hormones of puberty cease to rage, and your neurons fire up. I am oftentimes embarrassed to be from Oakland. Our mayor's a rat-bastard and a great deal of our citizens aren't a shred better. More violence is not the answer to an already violent situation.
They're not rioting as a consequence. They're rioting because he hasn't been brought to justice.
The type of justice that these savages would probably exclusively be satisfied with would be if Officer Mehserle was subjected to a publicexecution via guillotine. I saw the scene in person today as I left work: these people were looking for an excuse to loot and destroy other people'sproperty. Granted, there were a few who were actually speaking intellectually about the situation but for the most part it was a bunch of young punks lookingto destroy other people's property sans consequence. Despicable behavior,if you ask me.

Originally Posted by WhUtIzIt

^ i guarantee you the cop gets off with a slap on the wrist....The Town will go on an absolute TIRADE

word up, yall think it's bad now, wait till the mother !!%++@ gets off
smh.gif

The type of justice that these savages would probably exclusively be satisfied with would be if Officer Mehserle was subjected to a public execution via guillotine. I saw the scene in person today as I left work: these people were looking for an excuse to loot and destroy other people's property. Granted, there were a few who were actually speaking intellectually about the situation but for the most part it was a bunch of young punks looking to destroy other people's property sans consequence. Despicable behavior, if you ask me.
From what i'm hearing, there's actually very little looting going on.

Of course, there's going to be violent people that are just having fun. It's a given. Not everyone has that same mind though.

And i'm sure if it was announced that the cop was going on trial immediately, the situation would calm down very quickly.

The cop can only hide for so long...

What about his family? Are they going into hiding as well? B/c I can seen them being used as targets to flush him out...

For some reason I have a feeling this (()) !$$ cop is going to just off himself like a coward, rather then face the victim's 4 year old daughter, andgirlfriend, and mother and the rest of the family that he ruined. And I know people are feeling a certain type of way, but destroying the property of citizensis just stupid. Go ransack the D.A's office or the BART stations if you're feeling froggy. If I was out there I would be posted up by my car with abaseball bat ready to crack mother@#$%##@ skulls open if they mess with my property

Originally Posted by early90s

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Nothing will happen to this cop.

Bet.
- im thinking the same thing.

- i tell you what, Oakland will burn if nothing happens.....

like NY with Sean Bell
tired.gif

- told you......

- dont know about NY, but Cali aint scared. alot of history out there.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Burning trashcans? Tearing up police cars? Really? Where are the protests and outrage for oakland's 140+ yearly homicides?

- not to take anything away from whats going on but this was my thought also. imagine if we stood up like this about all the crime in our urban communities
smh.gif

MrBigBusiness wrote:
FromThaTown wrote:
Tupac Jordan wrote:
rbw1s5.jpg

Boy, you ain't never lied.

I can't believe how dumb and ignorant some people are on here. What if the cop was black what would you all have to say about that one? Like some others stated before, it is that thug mentality to talk back to the law, as to just taking it like a man and letting them arrest you. Why couldn't this fool just keep his mouth shut and let the officer cuff him and move on. He had to say something I'm sure. The cop wasn't right, but I know if I were in that position I would let the cop cuff me and not say a word. Some people have that thug mentality in them still and thing it is a must do to look tough in front of the police. Especially with the crowd right there watching every move. I pour my drink for the passing, but in the end don't fight with police. YOU WILL NOT WIN!

P.S the members who want to start riots over this. If Martin Luther king were here today would he go start a riot? Try being non-violent for once and maybe someone will hear you out.

- uh oh......he's back. are you going to try and blame it on the dolphins losing again?

- answer me something.......when you look in the mirror every morning do you know you are a complete idiot? do you understand just how ignorant you are? i betyou think you have it all figured out and its everyone else thats dumb
roll.gif
smh.gif

- i've followed every bit of this and the other thread, andcan honestly say the general argument has nothing to do with race but more so about cops taking things too far. race does play a part in a few arguments, butthe bigger problem we are all talking about is the POLICE.

- see, thing is, the fact that no one is talking about race yet you being it up shines a light on your character like it or not. so obviously there are somethings within your own life that you need to re-evaluate.

idc if the cop says it was an accident. that video is horrid. the cop did it on purpose if your ask me. how many accidents can there be with these cops?!?! heshould go to jail for the rest of his life... i

although i do agree with you that the police are the biggest problem

why do most deaths caused by police tend to be blacks??

Most cops (i wont say all) are more reluctant to pull a gun out on a non black person...its a fact

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

rbw1s5.jpg
Boy, you ain't never lied.
I can't believe how dumb and ignorant some people are on here. What if the cop was black what would you all have to say about that one? Like some others stated before, it is that thug mentality to talk back to the law, as to just taking it like a man and letting them arrest you. Why couldn't this fool just keep his mouth shut and let the officer cuff him and move on. He had to say something I'm sure. The cop wasn't right, but I know if I were in that position I would let the cop cuff me and not say a word. Some people have that thug mentality in them still and thing it is a must do to look tough in front of the police. Especially with the crowd right there watching every move. I pour my drink for the passing, but in the end don't fight with police. YOU WILL NOT WIN!

P.S the members who want to start riots over this. If Martin Luther king were here today would he go start a riot? Try being non-violent for once and maybe someone will hear you out.

So what if the victim ran his mouth ...the cop was already in position of power and victim was defenseless ...the cop shouldn't let that get into his headand pull out his gun or "Taser" so he can show him who the "BOSS"....His job as a Professional BART police officer is toprotect and serve...

I do agree this destorying other people property is stupid and senseless to try to get a point across....but then again its OAKLAND they dont give a !@#!there...cops are scare over there...

something needs to be done about the way these cases are handled in the first place.

giving the guy desk duty while his own police force investigates is surely not going to end up in any form of justice for the person who was killed as a resultof this event

at the very least the officer who killed this kid was criminally negligent for it being an "accident" and at worst, it was a cold blooded murder

i'm leaning more toward the latter as these police have a bad habit of misappropriating their anger, fright and frustration on civilians time and again

the only ones who can make things change are ordinary people through protest and mobilization. you really can't rely on public government to not side withtheir own police force

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by Ajwings23

LazyJ10 wrote:

What was the guy doing at around 3:22? Throwing something?

Mind you, the train doors were also open.....so, its not like people couldn't approach the officers from every which way...And the station is
open, as well.

roll.gif
roll.gif

oh man..why will one approach a cop..I know some people which I mainly see in a riot but this I don't think so..it's just funny how you keep coming up
with excuses for this dude..he did wrong big time..accident or no accident he killed an innocent man..
I'm not making excuses, at all. Like I've said throughout the post.

The situation obviously could have been handled, much, much better. Especially since the end result was a tragedy.
However, the train should not have kept their doors open when they officers had the suspect. There's nothing worse than feeling like someone is approaching you from a blind spot or behind your back. Wouldn't that add to edginess? Look at the new video posted. People running on the platform, the guy I mentioned at 3:22 or so, throwing something? All this at 2am AFTER numerous altercations PRIOR to this one? All I'm saying is, its not outside the realm of possibilities that the cop didn't eff up and honestly think he was drawing something other than his piece. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Does it change the end result for the victim? Hell no. Does it maybe help the family, probably not. Does it help the officer, time will tell. If its proven/shown/admitted that he had meant to do it in a heat of rage, then fry his $%%. I'm not blind to the fact he shot and killed a guy, at all.

Oh really? How about....oh, I dunno....being shot in the back?

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by Ajwings23

LazyJ10 wrote:

What was the guy doing at around 3:22? Throwing something?

Mind you, the train doors were also open.....so, its not like people couldn't approach the officers from every which way...And the station is
open, as well.

roll.gif
roll.gif

oh man..why will one approach a cop..I know some people which I mainly see in a riot but this I don't think so..it's just funny how you keep coming up
with excuses for this dude..he did wrong big time..accident or no accident he killed an innocent man..
I'm not making excuses, at all. Like I've said throughout the post.

The situation obviously could have been handled, much, much better. Especially since the end result was a tragedy.
However, the train should not have kept their doors open when they officers had the suspect. There's nothing worse than feeling like someone is approaching you from a blind spot or behind your back. Wouldn't that add to edginess? Look at the new video posted. People running on the platform, the guy I mentioned at 3:22 or so, throwing something? All this at 2am AFTER numerous altercations PRIOR to this one? All I'm saying is, its not outside the realm of possibilities that the cop didn't eff up and honestly think he was drawing something other than his piece. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Does it change the end result for the victim? Hell no. Does it maybe help the family, probably not. Does it help the officer, time will tell. If its proven/shown/admitted that he had meant to do it in a heat of rage, then fry his $%%. I'm not blind to the fact he shot and killed a guy, at all.

Oh really? How about....oh, I dunno....being shot in the back?
Exactly, behind him.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom