New York Giants Season Thread!...The Tommy Cutlets Era

What should the Giants do in the first round?

• Take a QB

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Barkley

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Chubb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade down

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^^^giants dont pay any salary this year nor next year.....this year 16 mil of his $ goes against our cap....but thats not money out of owners pocket.....no owner would do this if that was the case....nor would an owner who wants to contend.....we have 33 mil total dollars on cap that are for players not on team OBJ and OV...pathetic.....and again no owner who wants to contend would allow these moves, thus this better be a rebuild move............however.....giants have 100 mil in cap space next year thanks to those moves vs....65 mil approx if we had the players still on team.......this is my understanding with cap.....i don't think their dollars count on next years cap if it does it is not nearly as much as the 33 mil this year.....

giants either trade for rosen, draft haskins or get Tua next year then they are where the browns/jets are this year....tons of cap to build around a young QB/RB/team

by the way giants are like 25 mil under the cap? who is there left to sign.....rebuild please

Last edited:
giants is my team .... and i'm always optimistic year to year because i am a fan of the team......

the bad ... i don't like giving up on all world talent ...... top 3 receiver.... plus he is younger than the 2 that people say are better than him........ wish obj the best as a player

the optimist in me ,,,, we had 4 losing seasons with obj.... made 1 playoff game in 5 years..... so him being great didn't translate for wins, like it did for ab , and julio in atlanta so hopefully the gm knows what he is doing

the ugly.... gettleman is trash ...... i hate gms that think they are better than the playoffs like its a measuring contest to show who is boss...... did it in carolina,,, doing it currently in ny

kind of understanding now how people like players rather than teams , when teams being doing bs....

He’s only played in two full seasons though and made the playoffs in one of those. In two seasons where he played 3/4 of it he put up 1300/12 and 1000/6 (also throwing for 1 maybe 2 tds?)

We just gave up generational talent for a mid pick 1st and 3rd. Never thought I’d hate a front office more than my Wizards but even Ernie Grunfield would never make this trade. **** Gettleman, Schurmer, and Mara.

We got robbed, fire the GM and the entire staff. We're the old Browns of the NFL now, bottom 3 team in the league.

I can't wait to see how we **** up the draft.

If we cut Eli, it's only a 6 mil cap hit. I think it's time to cut and draft a QB. If we keep him, it's 23 mil. You have to cut him and draft Haskins.

Someone on ESPN said that people in the Browns org didn't think the trade would get done because they didn't think they offered enough to get him. Hahahaha, straight robbed us.

You have to draft Kyler or Haskins, I don't see how you don't. I like Kyler more than all the QBs from last year. I like Haskins more than everyone except for Baker.

Last edited:
Just heard on the Fan, official deal is

OBJ + Vernon for the OL, Peppers, 17th and 95th pick.

We got robbed

Yep they took out the picks that we were suppose to swap (we get their 4th and they get our 5th I believe). Browns probably thought they could fleece us some more, and they were right. **** this team.

Someone on ESPN said that people in the Browns org didn't think the trade would get done because they didn't think they offered enough to get him. Hahahaha, straight robbed us.

You have to draft Kyler or Haskins, I don't see how you don't. I like Kyler more than all the QBs from last year. I like Haskins more than everyone except for Baker.
It’s obvious we’re tanking for Tua or the qb with long hair from Clemson.

It’s obvious we’re tanking for Tua or the qb with long hair from Clemson.

Clemson QB can’t come out for two more years.

Tua had some real bad games last season. I’m not sold on him. I want Kyler or Haskins.

I DO NOT WANT ROSEN OR ANY OTHER QB FROM THIS DRAFT.

I do like Peppers a lot though. I think he has so much talent but still is learning. Hopefully our coaching can help him get better cause I think he has so much potential.

Just remembered I hate our DC, ****

Last edited:
^^yea the narrative that he was a cancer was a complete lie....his teammates LOVE him, he has passion, fight, loves to work hard and practice....but that interview with lil wayne? was a D move......

yea i can't get over how we didnt get more from him.....it boils my blood that our GM couldnt even get the higher of the 3rd round picks?!?! insane.....did he really think the browns would have walked away from this deal?

this murray/haskins/rosen situation is the drama for the draft.....cards are in driver seat....but what do they want to do? does their GM want to gamble his career? you cut bait with rosen and draft murray you have to get it right or you never work in this league again....

"They got 34 mil in dead money. This don't even help them financially."
i dont see why everyone is up in arms about the dead money....if it wasnt dead who would we have signed? we have 25 mil now and havent signed anyone.....what 1-2 players available this off season did you want? OBJ $ is off books next year, next year we can spend big like jets are doing......OBJ for peppers, 1st 3rd AND more cap space next year....rookie contract QB and, hit on these picks like GM has track record of and allow someone else to sign some free agents next year fills a lot of holes this team has........

i dont understand why people seem to think giants choose eli over obj.....how is that the case? giants didnt do this because they couldnt afford both players.....they did this because they are choosing to build around barkley face of franchise, find another face in QB and get rid of player they felt was a prima donna headache....

Last edited:
My heart is still broken. It legit feels like I lost a loved one. I’m gonna have to frame my OBJ jerseys in the man cave. Smfh.

I like the Golden Tate signing, he can play. Now we need Haskins or Kyler. GET IT DONE.

Didn’t know we were even talking to him.

KEEP HOGAN AWAY

Back
Top Bottom