NEW YORK METS 2010 SEASON POST: Collins named New Manager

I wouldn't have minded losing this game if it was because Lincecum shut us down, but the fact that we came back, took the lead and then blew it, really bothers me.

Yeah but this team came back then got shut down, and Wright got jerked. +**% has Hojo done to him, hate that inconsistent stance of his, can;t even smack a fastball.

I blame everything on Ollie today just because he pitched sooo bad.  4 strikeouts for wright
sick.gif
sick.gif
this guy is slumping bad.  Should of won today but i guess we have to be glad we took the series.  A good Nats team coming up.

Nah I know Ollie is a POS he needs to be sent down, I don't see how he can be allowed another start, this would've been a blow out vs any other team.

David needs his own hitting coach or somethin'....K after K after K.

LOL @ this on nymets board:

On the Giants telecast you can hear just about everything he says clearly.

"Ohhh! That is a ####ing mess! Go##amnit!... (inaudible stuff)...Get the #### out of here! #### you! [inaudible] in that whole ####ing at bat! Go##amnit."

......then someone else wrote:
Really? The audio I heard sounded like "I can't hit a good fastball anymore so why didn't you help me out there!"

HoJo seems like a great guy, but I think it might be time to part ways with him. Too many of our hitters have been inconsistent/declining since he came aboard as the hitting coach. Wright's batting .280 right now simply because of how talented he is. Most players swinging the way he has would be batting .220-.240.

Great series guys. Its so funny how every single game could have easily gone the other way. Anyways congrats on the win.

Went to the game today to catch Tim Lincecum in person and the kid is obviously amazing. Would have taken the L in a second, but then we had the lead which made the loss even more annoying than it essentially could have been.

Will never go to another Ollie P pitched game, dude takes FOREVER. Besides the fact that he shouldn't be in the rotation anymore. 7 walks, unexcusable. His ERA should be a lot worse than the 4.5 that it is.

Wright and Bay, SMH. Bay lucked out today with the Giants messing up bad in the field. Wright, 4 Ks. Get it together, I know the last one could have gone either way, but him getting thrown out was purely out of recent frustrations that just came to a head in that called strike.

Can we please take out the Nats at home? These dudes took 2 out of 3 from us in the first series at Citi.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

HoJo seems like a great guy, but I think it might be time to part ways with him. Too many of our hitters have been inconsistent/declining since he came aboard as the hitting coach.
Thinking the exact same thing.....

Hitting coaches are over-rated to begin with, but David needs to revert back.

Its a bad habit, he reverted back on the road trip and now he's doing the same old thing again.

The thing with Ollie, IMO, is that I don't know if sending him down would do much good. It'd probably be the same thing, he'd get his act together for one start and give people hope, then the next few would be disasters. I don't think it's that he doesn't have good stuff or the physical ability to be a decent pitcher, he just doesn't have the mental makeup to survive. I really think he has ADHD or something and just can't focus, gets lackadaisical, throws 10 balls in a row, walks the pitcher (or someone else) to lead off an inning and gets himself in trouble. Sometimes he regains it and gets out of an inning, sometimes it's just luck but most of the time it's a mess and his pitch count gets extremely high quickly.

We might as well offer Ollie to the Cardinals or another team for nothing, pay 3/4 of his salary, and call it a day. His time as a Met has ended, and he desperately needs a change of scenery.

This team bothers me so much. Can we just fire the entire coaching staff and cut Oliver Perez and Gary Mattews Jr. already?

It REALLY sucks that both Bay and Wright isn't hitting good right now.  In these kind of situations we need someone that can step up and hit.  Rod in cleanup!!

immediate moves to be made, in order to "salvage" an otherwise positive year. this team can do some good stuff this but this will need to happen.

1. ACQUIRE STARTING PITCHER
2. FIRE HOJO
3. CUT CAT AND GMJ and BRING UP CARTER AND MURPHY.
4. WAKE BAY THE HELL UP

if we do that, we will see some changes

So the morons designate Frank Catalonotto for assignment who is a proven pinch hitter that hasn't gotten off to a good start yet and high character guy, but keep that scumbag and cancer Gary Matthews Jr. Moves like this really piss me off.

only reason GMJ is there is because he plays CF. if pagan gets hurt we have no one. just sayin...

That is the ONLY reason GMJ is here, if Beltran were healthy he wouldn't even be here to begin with.

With Pagan is fragile as he is, who else would play CF? I cannot stand GMJ.

neise/Pelf the next two though.
pimp.gif

[h2]Post Game: Nationals 3 Mets 2[/h2]
May 10, 2010 at 10:46 pm · 17 comments

by Matthew Cerrone

The Mets lost to the Nationals by the score of 3 to 2 in Citi Field tonight.

PolaroidTrimmed11.gif
For a full recap and boxscore, go to SNY.TV.
  • Adam Kennedy and Ryan Zimmerman hit back-to-back home runs against John Maine in the third inning.  They were the only runs Maine allowed in six innings of work.
  • The Mets entire starting lineup (short of Maine) got on base tonight, yet the team left 11 men on base. 
  • Jose Reyes was thrown out of the game for arguing a called third strike, after which Jerry Manuel was ejected as well.
  • David Wright had two hits and struck out just once.
  • Jenrry Mejia was hit on the thumb with a ground ball to the mound in the eighth inning, but he remained in the game and finished the inning.
  • Angel Pagan hit a solo home run in the ninth inning.
…pinch hitting in the seventh inning, Gary Matthews[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)] Jr.[/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 0)] struck out with no outs and runners on first and third… i am not even sure why he brought the bat with him[/color]… reyes later struck out to end the inning, and went wild… he might have gotten away without being ejected, but he bounced his helmet and kept talking and that was that… jerry charged out, also got hot, throwing fist pumps while shouting in the ump’s face, so, naturally, he got the boot as well… i like the passion, but it’s an indication of how the team is pressing… they look tense, especially late in the game… in fact, the Mets were hitting well late in games during their hot streak, and that is NOT what is happening of late… they look either frozen in the box, or they’re taking bad swings…

The Mets continue their three-game series with the Nationals on Tuesday at 7:10 pm, with Jon Niese (1-1, 3.60 ERA) taking on Scott Olsen (2-1, 3.54 ERA).

[h2]News: Chris Carter Up, Frank Catalanotto DFA’d[/h2]
May 10, 2010 at 10:58 pm · 29 comments

by Matthew Cerrone

images
The Mets have promoted 1B-OF Chris Carter from Triple-A Buffalo, and designated Frank Catalanotto for assignment.

well, The Animal should have been on the roster instead of Mike Jacobs back on April 1, but better late than never… he hits… he can drive the ball… the kid has been eager to get up here… and so, let’s see what he can do, as this should give Jerry Manuel some more pop, especially against left-handed pitching

The 27–year-old Carter is batting .339 in 28 games at Triple-A, with 16 extra base hits and 20 RBI.

He has a .448 OBP against left-handed pitching this season.

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom