NEW YORK METS 2016 SEASON THREAD

I legitimately want to cry right now. I said the Mets needed more runs on the board for Clippard and I was right. Do not offer him a contract. Daniel Murphy, what the hell happened to him? He folded like a bad tent this series.
Oh no, that is Daniel Murphy. Daniel Murphy is known for his offense but also his defensive lapses. And he's a better 2nd baseman than outfielder, which is where they had him when he first came up. Mets always need more runs. 1 run lead is not enough to defeat this team.

Last edited:
I know he has his defensive lapses. I was all but ready to let him walk prior to his hot streak. Brain fart on the biggest stage? Come on man.

Mets will force a game 6, just not sure if they can win two on the road. One game at a time

The Mets made a deal with the devil to make Bill Buckner whiff and now that **** came right back to us plus interest.

we lost tonight's game because of Clippard. Ever since September, I cringe every time he pitches the 8th in close games. You have to do your damn job and bridge us to the 9th for Familia.

When the Mets lose this series, it is going to be hard to swallow for a very long time that they beat themselves, not the other way around. I'm completely checked out. I don't have it in me to watch the game tomorrow.

we lost tonight's game because of Clippard. Ever since September, I cringe every time he pitches the 8th in close games. You have to do your damn job and bridge us to the 9th for Familia.
Clipboard, not Murphy, right?

Murphy does his job you have two outs and a chance to get out of things.

The Mets shouldn't give up. The Royals still have to win one more game. Before the series even started, I felt it would go to 6 or 7 games. That's still possible despite KC's momentum. But Collins has to get away from this notion that his pitching plan will work against KC. KC hits, all of the time. Cespedes and Wright are swinging on bad pitches, Clippard can't even complete a full inning. He should have learned from Game 1. That was the lesson. Also, where was Uribe? Dude had a clutch hit last night.

Reed should have been there instead of Clippard or maybe go with Colon for another inning. I thought Colon was going to eat up more innings and lead to Reed or Familia but Collins keeps going back to Clippard. That well is poisoned.

Last edited:
Reed should have been there instead of Clippard or maybe go with Colon for another inning. I thought Colon was going to eat up more innings and lead to Reed or Familia but Collins keeps going back to Clippard. That well is poisoned.

Yeah or I'd move Robles for the 8th.

IDK what the hell Terry Collins was thinking with all these panic moves

He managed this game extremely poorly.

-Lets Matz bat in the 5th. Should have taken him out.
-Takes out Conforto.
-Brings in Tyler Clippard instead of having Colon come out for the eighth. He's seen how much Clippard struggled in late August and September but trusted him this late in the game. Mets fans knew this, but TC didn't.
-Used Familia last night and then expects him to get five outs.

He's an awful manager. Always has been, always will be. The Mets managed to get this far because of what they did on the field, not through the decisions he made.

Last edited:
Clippard does his job and that Murphy error wouldn't have happened.

Regardless of that, a normal 2B makes that play. He played a big role in costing them the game.

Ironic, Cespedes and Murphy powered the Mets to the NL Pennant and will be the reason they don't win it. Buyer beware. Efficient defense from the two of them and this is a 3-1 series New York.

Last edited:
Mets have one more game. They need to defend home, don't let these guys celebrate here in Queens. If they win tonight, KC still has two chances to win at home. But at least they won't be doing it in NYC. The circumstances are grim but it ain't over until it's over. One game at a time, hoping for the best. #LGM

Back
Top Bottom