NEW YORK METS 2016 SEASON THREAD

Conforto demoted, he'll back at some point this season

Excited to see Nimmo promoted to shake things up, even having Reyes back gives the team some depth in the infield (and most importantly speed)

*puts on Reyes jersey

Conforto demoted, he'll back at some point this season

Excited to see Nimmo promoted to shake things up, even having Reyes back gives the team some depth in the infield (and most importantly speed)

*puts on Reyes jersey

Haha got one too. Hope he wears same number

Conforto demoted? Has he been struggling?

Huge series before the all star break. Would be great to take this series, but always tough when they're 4 games.

It's really good to have Jose back. This is his home. Yuck, I received awful looks from women when I wore a Reyes jersey :x
So relieved to have a leadoff switch hitter

I really wish Mets sent Harvey to DL a month ago. What's done is done

Wilmer! :hat
YO FOR PRESIDENT

Last edited:
At least Harvey sucking has an actual answer now. Think he will go the season ending surgery route and then hope he can regain his form in 2017. Would be wise for us to see what's available in the starting pitching market for the trade deadline.

Whew. What a game. Reyes, Flores, Cabrera all homered, crazy double play in the 9th. Mets take the first game in this series against the Nats, 9-7.

man wtf. 
mean.gif

Next two series could be the season going against Miami/St. Louis, two teams we are competing for the wild card with...Bats need to show up that simple.

Just sucks that it already feels like we blew our one shot :{

think there's 6 more at least against the nats. have to take care of marlins who are a pain in the ***

Considering Noah/Matz are pitching hurt, Wheeler setback, Harvey out....and being lucky to get some sort of production from Loney and Reyes, this team is over-achieving by a lot at this time.

At least they are in this thing, but they really need some reinforcements. Having backups play too much will expose weaknesses.

happy for Piazza (and Griffey JR.)

On another note......

Chapman is now with the Cubs.
:x

Mets need all the offense we can get. Please trade D'Arnaud for Lucroy.

Is there anyway we can get Flores playing everday somewhere? He was hot for a few games but Collins sat him down.

I dont understand Collins sometimes as he's benched players who hit (Conforto was taken out in the 7th while going 2 for 2 that game, Flores another example) and play those who dont.

Seasons looking a bit bleak right now.

crickets..............

at least we split the doubleheader against the Cardinals.

Flores with a 3 hit game. He needs to start every game until the bat gets cold. He's one of the few consistent hitters we have right now.

Colon looked like an all-star yesterday as did Familia.

picked up a 1/2 game on nats too.  hope jose is ok, but gives flores opportunity.  need to score just a little more for our pitchers, not asking too much.

picked up a 1/2 game on nats too.  hope jose is ok, but gives flores opportunity.  need to score just a little more for our pitchers, not asking too much.

I had my doubts about Reyes coming back. But he's shown aggressiveness on the base paths. We needed a lead off hitter who can run better than what Grandersons done. I wish Reyes would try to hit more line drives instead of pop ups.

Anyone else think we need a different Hitting Coach?
Think about how we have many new faces on this team compaired to last season. Yet, we still have the same problem....home run or strike out.

Whats the one constant from last year regarding hitting? The same hitting coach.

familia has been doing this all year in the 9th. it just so happens he got away with it 30+ times. now hes not getting as lucky after walking players. we have to have a really good august to stay in contention 

Back
Top Bottom