NEW YORK METS 2016 SEASON THREAD

No kidding :smh:

Getting crushed and swept at the same time is such sad

Don't know what to cry or laugh

Last edited:
Logan Verett is the epitome of the Mets futility this year.
mean.gif
frown.gif

i was a fan of him last year but this year hes just been awful. really missing matt harvey right now

Gutsy win by the Mets tonight against the Cards. I thought they were done for cause of Niese but when Niese came out so early in the game, I figured they would get blown out. The offense and pitching kept things close. Great victory, first 3 game win streak in 7 weeks. 

Pretty funny Jose dunked that bucket on cespedes'head covering his eyes.

Will be there sun

Last edited:
If anyone in here doesn't think the Mets signed Tebow to somehow capitalize and profit off of his name down the road, I got a bridge to sell ya. :smh:

"Baseball reasons" my ***. :rolleyes

I was skeptical at first when the Mets signed Reyes, but man, not only has he been producing offensively and defensively, he's also adding positive energy to that clubhouse.

Mets have to re-sign Yo if he opts out. We havent had a threat like him since Carlos Delgado.

Concerning Tebow, I dont know yet. I havent seen him play baseball at all. I dont think this organization needs Tebow to make $. We're already the NLC of 2015 and have studs all around the clubhouse.

I was skeptical at first when the Mets signed Reyes, but man, not only has he been producing offensively and defensively, he's also adding positive energy to that clubhouse.

Mets have to re-sign Yo if he opts out. We havent had a threat like him since Carlos Delgado.

Concerning Tebow, I dont know yet. I havent seen him play baseball at all. I dont think this organization needs Tebow to make $. We're already the NLC of 2015 and have studs all around the clubhouse.

It's like he never left

This Tebow signing is really bothering me. what are his skill sets as a baseball player. Did he play competitively in college or HS. This is feeling awfully similar to when the JETS signed him and it was a circus in town.

deGrom out for the season is devastating news, Matz HAS to come back and be effective if they want to do anything in the post season. :rolleyes

Amazing they're even in this position considering all of the impact players they've lost, they will have a surplus of pitchers come 2017.

On a side note, when will Terry stop batting Grandy and Bruce 4th and 5th....insanity.

Last edited:
Great win for the team, tough break with DeGrom. Hopefully Matz comes back and Lugo, Colon and Thor remain strong. Team is hanging in there. Bruce needs to step up though. Duda back. People like to criticize him but he's got power and that can help in a close game. 

Last edited:
How can anyone blame Terry? Despite injuries to almost every important player on the team, he still has the Mets in playoff contention.

With all due respect to Noah, it's hard to imagine that 80 year old Bartolo Colon [yes, BARTOLO FAT BOY COLON], was the most consistent starting pitcher this year (in terms of performance + reliability) yet the team is still in it.

Wright, Walker, Cabrera, Lagares, Harvey, Cespedes, Reyes, Niese, Wheeler, Duda, Matz, Flores (who am I leaving out?) have all missed significant time this year. Can add Bruce if you want. :x

That's CRAZY.

And despite that, the team is still fighting for a wildcard spot.

2017 fellas. 2017.

Now that our pitching is gone, our offense needs to completely catch fire if we're gonna do anything in October.

Last edited:
Just gotta get in.  See what happens.  Need that home WC game.  just get into a playoff series. 

We've won with Oli perez and john maine.  anything is possible

How can anyone blame Terry? Despite injuries to almost every important player on the team, he still has the Mets in playoff contention.

With all due respect to Noah, it's hard to imagine that 80 year old Bartolo Colon [yes, BARTOLO FAT BOY COLON], was the most consistent starting pitcher this year (in terms of performance + reliability) yet the team is still in it.

Wright, Walker, Cabrera, Lagares, Harvey, Cespedes, Reyes, Niese, Wheeler, Duda, Matz, Flores (who am I leaving out?) have all missed significant time this year. Can add Bruce if you want. :x

That's CRAZY.

And despite that, the team is still fighting for a wildcard spot.

2017 fellas. 2017.

Pitching will be DEEP come 2017.

But as for this season, at least it has not gone to complete waste, just get a home wild card game and go from there.

If the team had the starters healthy all year I would be confident going into any series vs ANY NL opponent, it will be a struggle. Just have to keep the good mojo going and stay hot

deGrom out for the season is devastating news, Matz HAS to come back and be effective if they want to do anything in the post season. :rolleyes

Amazing they're even in this position considering all of the impact players they've lost, they will have a surplus of pitchers come 2017.

On a side note, when will Terry stop batting Grandy and Bruce 4th and 5th....insanity.

I can understand Bruce still in the 4 or 5 spot. He needs to get comfortable, he's only been on 1 team before and deserves more time to get acquainted.

Grandy :smh:
I honestly dont want him back next season. He's had a few clutch hits recently, but over all, this has been his worst season ever.
View media item 2171602

DeGrom news broke my heart I was so excited to have him back for the playoffs. 

Back
Top Bottom