NEW YORK NEW YORK

Im heading down there this weekend. Just wanted to know good spots with lots of variety. Looking for Godzillas, Penny 2, and Griffeys. thanks for looking out.

New York, Canada?
grin.gif

What part of New York City are you going to?

I would suggest the Fulton Street Mall in Brooklyn... that place is truly a sneaker head's heaven! It's really all you need. You will find everythingyou are looking for and more.

If you want more, check out 34th Street & Broadway area has a lot of good spots. Dr. Jay's, Footaction, 2 Footlockers, Modell's, etc.

125th st 268 W...
Manhattan train go north

Once you get off the train, you gotta walk three blocks north and it'll be on your left side

You can't go to NYC without stopping at House of Hoops

hey fresh, i never have any luck on canal street. all i see are a bunch of sneaker spots that don't have much nikes. mostly pumas, adidas, etc. along witha crap load of vendors selling bootleg name brands lol.

jamaica ave has a lot of good deals but most stores close by 7pm cuz it gets real shady once sun sets in that area. you'll notice wanted posters everywhereso try to go earlier in the day.

if ur in queens, steinway street is a good place to go too. it's right off the r and n train i believe if ur in queens.

i will be staying in soho, but not willing to stay and do the manhattan thing. I was told about Fulton St. and 125th in Harlem.
Thanks for the heads up everyone.

PS are there alot of fakes floating around these neighborhoods?

Originally Posted by egorfour

i will be staying in soho, but not willing to stay and do the manhattan thing. I was told about Fulton St. and 125th in Harlem.

In SOHO, you're going to want to check out Flight Club NY. N train to 8th street, walk on 8th to Green St., left on Green, Flight Club willbe on your left hand side.

No fakes. Just stay away from Canal St, unlike what the other post says. All they sell on Canal are fakes.

Go to google and type in "New York sneaker stores" and you should get a listing from New York Magazine (NYmag.com, I believe). It lists a crapload ofthe nice sneaker joints in the city, including Dave's Quality Meats, Classic Kicks, Reed Space, Flight Club, ALIFE Rivington Club, etc.

Also try Transit, Nort/Recon and Clientele (if it still exists), and the Supreme store.

If you can't find that article, just look up these store names in Google Maps and figger it out. All those, plus Fulton Mall and HOH will give you moresneakers than you need (or can afford). Add Training Camp to the list and you should be set.

Unless it moved to a new location, I believe Clientele is gone!

You'll find Griffeys, Nubucks, Godzillas, Toro Bravo, Cinco De Mayo 1s etc easily.. They're everywhere and plenty of sizes..

If I were you, I would skip Canal St (unless you're looking for fakes), as well as wasting mad time trying to locate all the big names stores thatovercharge (ie. Flight Club). Hit up a spot where there are mad mom and pops sneaker spots (don't be afraid to bargain), and you could also grab gear(depending on what you wear)- These are usually in the hood. IMO the best spot in NY is Jamaica Ave in Queens. Next, I would say Fulton Street in Brooklyn.125th in Harlem is cool but there's no need to reach if you've already hit Jamaica Ave or Fulton. Don't let cats scare you into thinking it'ssome dangerous spot that you shouldn't be in. Also, if you're driving out there, keep the whip parked and take the train everywhere you go. Traffic inNY is like nothing you've ever experienced in Canada.

Originally Posted by egorfour

The fakes on Fulton and 125th should be easy to spot if they are there. I don't recall seeing fakes mixed in with legit kicks at the sneakerstores. If anything, they'll be sold by the outdoor vendors yelling out "Jordans, Uptowns, $40!" Even though the hood spots will have yourretail chains like Footlocker, Foot Action, Jimmy Jazz, Dr Jays etc, this is what much of the sneaker spots will look like (this is on Fulton):

Peep the dude Dallas Penn on Jamaica Ave. looking out for fakes
http://theshoegame.com/articles/say-no-2-fakes-x-sneaker-fiends-video.html

thanks guys, sorry i couldn't reply until i got back.
New York went well and you guys were absolutely right, the fakes were easy to pick out.

I was the drop for the Jones Beach AF1 and the Mr. Cartoon AF1 drop, pretty fun.
Gotta love Harlem.

Back
Top Bottom