New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 and me and Coupé It Coupé It arent trying to be funny or anything like that but you’d understand where we are coming from if you lived and saw what we saw coming up. It’s something that can’t really be explained and expected of an “outsider” to understand. Again not trying to be funny but it is what it is. And maybe we are wrong, but my gut tells me otherwise.

I think that’s agreed upon. Volpe hasn’t been terrible. If you look at his total season’s numbers, you prob thinks he has. But again since that change:
5A5E7F81-802E-4729-9F32-0B8EFD35EEE3.jpeg

That’s more than serviceable. The problem is, in our lineup devoid of actual production, when he doesn’t produce it just looks bad.

If we had any kind of player development at the big league level, he would have corrected it sooner, as well as other guys in that lineup. Our player development has always been bad and usually why prospects of ours, or guys we trade for that don’t pan out, leave and seem to flourish elsewhere.

I don’t think he’s been terrible. He’s be okay and he definitely bounced back. That takes heart and determination.

But I still want to give Peraza a shot. A real shot. Not a couple weeks just here and there.

But I STILL don’t know who’s the better big league player. No one does.

That’s why it’s extremely important to bring everyone up. Because this team needs to be torn down.

I don’t think he’s been terrible. He’s be okay and he definitely bounced back. That takes heart and determination.

But I still want to give Peraza a shot. A real shot. Not a couple weeks just here and there.

But I STILL don’t know who’s the better big league player. No one does.

That’s why it’s extremely important to bring everyone up. Because this team needs to be torn down.
Oh I agree. They need to bring up everyone to do that. That’s also why they played opposite or by each other at Triple A. I know they gave Peraza plenty of work at 2nd and at 3rd, which they should be doing now. That may mean we need to see one at 2nd and life without Torres even though I’d hate to lose him, but may be able to acquire some kind of depth from outside with him rather than throw money at a bandaid.

They need to bring the 4 guys I mentioned last night and give them a look no doubt.

What does top 5 have to do with it if they both put up similar numbers at AAA but the lower prospect actually had a better start in the Majors? So the lower prospects great MLB start gets null and voided because he isn’t a “top” prospect. Why didn’t they call up Volpe last year then? He was a top prospect in 2022 too.
Volpe was 21 last year.

If you can't grasp why organizational and mlb rankings matter, this is pointless. You can ignore all data and go off vibes if that's what makes you happy.

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 and me and Coupé It Coupé It arent trying to be funny or anything like that but you’d understand where we are coming from if you lived and saw what we saw coming up. It’s something that can’t really be explained and expected of an “outsider” to understand. Again not trying to be funny but it is what it is. And maybe we are wrong, but my gut tells me otherwise.
This is a really dumb excuse for a racist take. If the Yankees had a long history of pandering to the Italian community in NY, ok maybe you have a point. They don't. In this case, they are prioritizing their top prospect in a very long time. That shouldn't be a surprise at all, regardless of skin tone or heritage.

Volpe was 21 last year.

If you can't grasp why organizational and mlb rankings matter, this is pointless. You can ignore all data and go off vibes if that's what makes you happy.
Not ignoring data, you and the Yankees are obviously ignoring data. So Everson and Wells is vibes? Peraza last year was vibes? Volpe shortcomings this year is vibes?!? Nah B this all data, Numbers, but just because you played minor league Ball you think whatever you think is gospel. You thought Gallo no matter how bad he was he was good because analytics told you.

This is a really dumb excuse for a racist take. If the Yankees had a long history of pandering to the Italian community in NY, ok maybe you have a point. They don't. In this case, they are prioritizing their top prospect in a very long time. That shouldn't be a surprise at all, regardless of skin tone or heritage.
You have no idea about NY and what goes on behind the scenes and it shows :lol:

Volpe’s shortcomings were from player developmental at the big league level.

I played minor league ball for the team we’re currently losing to :lol:

Volpe’s shortcomings were from player developmental at the big league level.

I played minor league ball for the team we’re currently losing to :lol:
I completely get it. But I’m just confused on how making a statement on favoritism leads to it being a racist comment. I was just using Volpes overall season as an example and what they’ve done with Peraza and a few others. And dam don’t even know how you did it :lol:

I’m not sure how race was involved either :lol:
I completely get it. But I’m just confused on how making a statement on favoritism leads to it being a racist comment. I was just using Volpes overall season as an example and what they’ve done with Peraza and a few others. And dam don’t even know how you did it :lol:

You have no idea about NY and what goes on behind the scenes and it shows :lol:
My bad, I didn't know you had the behind the scenes info on the Yankees. By all means, please give the ling list of Italian players the Yankees have favored to pander to NY Italians.

I feel like the only reason they have given Volpe so much leeway is because they were trying to get another face of the Franchise to pair with Judge and eventually take over as the face and mostly think it’s because of his Italian heritage and how the tri state area is heavy in Italian heritage. Not saying he didn’t earn it in spring training but you know what I’m saying especially if you’re from the area.
Bc you literally said he was being favored bc of his race.

My bad, I didn't know you had the behind the scenes info on the Yankees. By all means, please give the ling list of Italian players the Yankees have favored to pander to NY Italians.
I Guess you still don’t understand that Hals number 1 priority is all about making money and putting people in seats and selling merchandise.

But I wouldn’t expect you to understand that because you think the best person for the Job always gets hired (no connections involved) and People with Ivy League Degrees are smarter at building a sports team. Im actually envious of you that you can be so oblivious to think the best person always gets the job and they get the job by checking all the “right” boxes, Just like how Cash earned his way in.

I Guess you still don’t understand that Hals number 1 priority is all about making money and putting people in seats and selling merchandise.

But I wouldn’t expect you to understand that because you think the best person for the Job always gets hired (no connections involved) and People with Ivy League Degrees are smarter at building a sports team. Im actually envious of you that you can be so oblivious to think the best person always gets the job and they get the job by checking all the “right” boxes, Just like how Cash earned his way in.
I didn't think "Yes I'd prefer a highly educated person to run a billion dollar business over Joe from the mechanic shop that didn't finish 10th grade." was a hot take but apparently it was.

So if I give someone at my job more time on the floor because I know he will lure in more customers, I’m not showing Favortism, I’m being Racist?!?

So if I give someone at my job more time on the floor because I know he will lure in more customers, I’m not showing Favortism, I’m being Racist?!?
If your basis is bc of their skin tone? Yes. That's literally the definition. If a decision is made bc of race, its racist.

If the LLWS in Williamsport didn’t take place right as school starting here in Houston, I’d try to get out there.

If your basis is bc of their skin tone? Yes. That's literally the definition. If a decision is made bc of race, its racist.
Just to clear things up I don’t think Hal and Cash are racist but I stand by my Volpe thoughts and some people understand and some don’t.

Back
Top Bottom