New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

While we were spinning in circles yesterday, Austin Wells yesterday 2 HRs 7 RBIs. Had 4 HRs this series.

An attorney here at my job who represents the Yanks, Mets and other NY teams just told me with a lil smile " don't be surprised if #2 is the GM next yr ...

That would be the last person I'd want gettin that job. Hopefully this is just rumors but this dude has told me things more than once. Even told me about Rodgers b4 that was done. Can't see the fans chanting Fire Jeter if he ****s the bed :smh:

Hope that's all it is. Same reason I'd hate to see Mattingly take the HC job. I hear his name coming up alot now. Seeing him have a hard time here would break my heart man :lol:

Just hire a seasoned baseball guy. Someone who commands respect, has a good amount of time in the game and who can give a **** what the media thinks and manages from the dugout not behing a laptop. Look at the Astros, as much as i can't stand em, they been winning with Dusty. Look at Atlanta, same deal. Atlanta's got good young talent that they let play and a manager who looks like he's respected. Boone just seems too much like one of the guys. Too early on a monday for this ...

Can’t see Jeter doing it because he’s said he has no interest in baseball besides ownership. I was shocked he took the Fox job though so anything is possible.

Just gotta start fresh and get rid of Boone and Cash.

Can’t see Jeter doing it because he’s said he has no interest in baseball besides ownership. I was shocked he took the Fox job though so anything is possible.

Just gotta start fresh and get rid of Boone and Cash.

Who would you like?

Jeter was pretty good in Miami for what he had to work with. Not sure how I'd feel about that one.

Who would you like?
The hot/in demand name is David Stearns, who’s Advisor to Ownership and Baseball Operations for the Brewers. That’s who was linked to the Astros prior to hiring their GM. That’s who I’d want. Pretty sure he was involved in helping build that 2017 Astros team talent wise.

This is what he did for the Astros:

Stearns joined the Brewers following three seasons (2013-15) as assistant general manager with the Houston Astros, where he was a key member of the management team, focusing on all areas of baseball operations, including analytics, administration, player development and scouting.

Jeter big knock was dumping Yelich and Ozuna
He didn't have much choice. He couldn't pay them. I know they got Brinson and others for Yelich, not sure on the others. Trading them wasn't the issue, the return was the issue. Everyone knew he was kinda stuck though.

He didn't have much choice. He couldn't pay them. I know they got Brinson and others for Yelich, not sure on the others. Trading them wasn't the issue, the return was the issue. Everyone knew he was kinda stuck though.
I completely understood the situation he was in but that was what most people knocked him for during his tenure there.

The hot/in demand name is David Stearns, who’s Advisor to Ownership and Baseball Operations for the Brewers. That’s who was linked to the Astros prior to hiring their GM. That’s who I’d want. Pretty sure he was involved in helping build that 2017 Astros team talent wise.

This is what he did for the Astros:

Stearns joined the Brewers following three seasons (2013-15) as assistant general manager with the Houston Astros, where he was a key member of the management team, focusing on all areas of baseball operations, including analytics, administration, player development and scouting.

I don’t want anyone linked to “data and analytics”

That’s what the game is linked to now. You just have to have good ppl in position. Ours has just not been good period.

I don’t believe in anything “data” related. Big data, small data, if your rig looks like this EYE don’t want you

Joe Madden..

Think he'd come here for a run ? He ain't bad in my opinion. I'm hurtin bad, got me thinkin of **** like this ...

Back
Top Bottom