New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

Seriously, stop and ask yourself if you really think playing for the Yankees comes with more pressure than any other sports team on the planet. If you think yes, we'll just disagree. No point in going in circles. Enjoy some football today.
I was watching the Disney+ Toy Story game and it was kind of entertaining :lol:

Who do you think out of Wells, Pereira, Cabrera, Peraza, Florial and Volpe will be with us long term?

Dominguez only one that I see is cemented here.

Not saying Volpe cemented here because we have about 3 SS in the minors that are well regarded.

Prob Wells (unless they find a long term starting catcher they view better than him) and maybe Pereira. Maybe Peraza if they decide to flip Torres.

Whole lot of ifs, but those are probably your safest 3 of that bunch.

Was he talking about Volpe?

The reigning AL MVP also put some pressure on the clubhouse, saying “I think a level of urgency and an understanding [is needed that] just because you get to the big leagues and you get to New York, you’ve still got to improve. You’ve still got to make adjustments.” Judge gave a full endorsement of Aaron Boone as the club’s manager, though as Hoch put it, “Judge was less effusive” in speaking about GM Brian Cashman in comparison to his praise of Boone.

DJ gonna kill me for another few years.

We had plenty of terrible years from a bunch of guys. Giancarlo was terrible outside of power. Oswaldo, Bader, JD, Trevino, Rizzo (not totally Rizz’s fault). But what DJ was brought in to do offensively and defensively is getting increasingly worse.

Had very little choice but to keep him after the 2019 and 2020 he had. But WOOF he’s been bad on this contract.

Since the season is over…..

Extend Gleyber
Re-sign Sevy and Wandy

Sign Cody Bellinger (Ohtani isn’t coming here)
Sign Gumby back and fix their sins

Trade a bunch of guy for a LF.

Then when Martian comes back. Platoon LF and CF with the new guy from trade, Martian and Cody. With Cody getting play to backup Rizzo at 1B, which is where he’ll end up in a few seasons anyway.

I want Soto in LF bad . Just have a feeling with that short porch and the latin community he'd be alot more comfortable in NY. Him behind Judge would be a problem if he really does find that stroke here. Just feel like he ain't happy in SD.

I want Soto in LF bad . Just have a feeling with that short porch and the latin community he'd be alot more comfortable in NY. Him behind Judge would be a problem if he really does find that stroke here. Just feel like he ain't happy in SD.
He was a top 10 hitter in baseball this year lol. And SD has a higher Latin % than NYC.

I definitely agree that Yankees Stadium would be a great park for him though. I'd love to have him behind Judge.

We talking a different Latin demographic.

And word on the street is the Padres might start fielding offers for him.
Ahh got you, yea you right. And yea I've seen those reports. I'd love to have him. Curious to see what it'd cost to get him with 1 year instead of 2.5 years left before becoming a FA. But damn the Pads have spent so much money, would be weird to see them punt at this point. This year was a such a fluke. Their 1 run and extra innings record was just weird. They had the 3rd best run differential in the NL and missed the playoffs lol. Their expected W/L with a +104 run diff is 92, they won 82. Really weird season for them.

Just hoping Soto makes it to FA. I give it a minimal chance they deal him, unless it’s a disaster next year.

Soto LF, Martian CF, Judge RF, Stanton DH, Bellinger 1B

Last edited:
He's Dominican, SD is more Mexican than anything. NY , especially the Bronx, is nothing but Dominicans. He'd feel right at home here :smokin
Yea I wasn't think of it that way, I just saw Latin and was like "Ehhh SD is pretty damn Latin." All Latin not the same though, you right.

Just hoping Soto makes it to FA. I give it a minimal chance they deal him, unless it’s a disaster next year.

Soto LF, Martian CF, Judge RH, Stanton DH, Bellinger 1B
Yea I'm not selling if I'm them. This year a fluke.

Seriously, look at this. This one stat jumps off the page.

1696274738787.png

Ahh got you, yea you right. And yea I've seen those reports. I'd love to have him. Curious to see what it'd cost to get him with 1 year instead of 2.5 years left before becoming a FA. But damn the Pads have spent so much money, would be weird to see them punt at this point. This year was a such a fluke. Their 1 run and extra innings record was just weird. They had the 3rd best run differential in the NL and missed the playoffs lol. Their expected W/L with a +104 run diff is 92, they won 82. Really weird season for them.
Still don’t know what went wrong with them. They had the pitchers and hitters.

Just read an article sayin that the Padres would want Dominguez and Peraza for Soto . I like Dominguez but if thats all it takes I'd give him up. Just hypothetical rught now but I'd do it ..

Still don’t know what went wrong with them. They had the pitchers and hitters.
It was just the 1 run games. That's a mostly flukish number, good teams aren't always great in that area and bad teams aren't always bad there. Hell the Royals lost 106 games yet they still had a winning record in 1 run games lol. Twins won 87 but were 19-27. Houston won 90 but were 20-21. Sd was 9-23, a huge outlier for all of MLB.

Just read an article sayin that the Padres would want Dominguez and Peraza for Soto . I like Dominguez but if thats all it takes I'd give him up. Just hypothetical rught now but I'd do it ..
If he agrees to an extension before the trade, yea. But not if he can be gone in a year. That's the tricky part.

Back
Top Bottom