NEWS: Nike signs UFC Champion Jon Jones

Jon Jones signing with Nike:

• Good! I'm looking forward to seeing what Nike will do with him.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad! I never cared for Manny Pacquiao's Nike line and I don't care about this line either.

• Who cares?

• Total voters
http://www.vancouversun.com/life/fa...Jones+signs+deal+with+Nike/7060424/story.html

According to Jones, he will have his own signature line of gear.

Definitely an interesting move, I like it... dude is one of the biggest stars of MMA today (he had a stupid DUI charge though), so even the most casual of MMA observers will know who he is. Maybe we'll see a PE CW of a trainer of some sort... I'd expect some apparel for him, too. Maybe Nike will decide to take him and his brand and market him similarly to how they market Pacquiao? We'll see.

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/fa...Jones+signs+deal+with+Nike/7060424/story.html
Definitely an interesting move, I like it... dude is one of the biggest stars of MMA today (he had a stupid DUI charge though), so even the most casual of MMA observers will know who he is. Maybe we'll see a PE CW of a trainer of some sort... I'd expect some apparel for him, too. Maybe Nike will decide to take him and his brand and market him similarly to how they market Pacquiao? We'll see.

I find it odd that he was with Kswiss :lol:

Last edited:
I said this after the Chael fight, but they should be doing more with Silva. I don't care what you say about his "marketability" because he can't speak English.

Dude is a walking highlight reel.

I want a T with the Spider logo and a Swoosh.

I said this after the Chael fight, but they should be doing more with Silva. I don't care what you say about his "marketability" because he can't speak English.
took the words right out of my mouth.

Jon Jones is crazy good.....But Anderson Silva definite pound for pound king in all of fighting.

Wasn't he with K-Swiss? I know he was in that Kenny Powers commercial.

Definitely a good look tho. Nike needs to swoop up Patrick Willis while they're at it.

i thought this was old news :nerd:

speaking of silva i thought this was cold :pimp:

i didnt know my man had BK as a sponsor because im sure they don't sponsor corinthians , he had spider logo too on it :nerd:

Smart choice by Nike. They've got the 2 most dominant, exciting champions inked up.

Jon Jones and Anderson Silva :pimp:

I wonder if Nike is gonna stay with these 2 or go for someone else. Maybe Jose Aldo? :nerd:

I already can see the "Bones Knows" shirt.

agreed. I'd much rather have Silva gear than Jones. Everyone knows who Silva is and that he is Lb4Lb the best.

Wasn't he with K-Swiss? I know he was in that Kenny Powers commercial.

Definitely a good look tho. Nike needs to swoop up Patrick Willis while they're at it.

K-Swiss bought Form Athletics (Urijah Faber's brand)...and, that is what Jones had been wearing...

That brand doesn't exist anymore...

JM

agreed. I'd much rather have Silva gear than Jones. Everyone knows who Silva is and that he is Lb4Lb the best.
Silva is older and even though he's champ, he doesn't have as many years left.

Jones is only 25

It's like signing Cam Newton over Tom Brady.

Last edited:
Silva is older and even though he's champ, he doesn't have as many years left.

Jones is only 25

It's like signing Cam Newton over Tom Brady.

It's not though because Nike already works with Silva.

They just aren't doing anything with him in the US when they clearly could have over the last 3 years or so.

The reality is this makes all the sense in the world because Jones is the most dominant US BORN champion in the UFC.

Just for fun, who do you guys think would make sense next for them?

Cormier - Former Olympian. If he gets the belt, I could see it.
Cain - If he can get the belt and get on track at HW, maybe.
Frankie Edgar? - I'm a huge fan but it will be tough for him to be dominant in that division, as we've seen with his close fights and the L to Bendo. Too many young lions. Kid is phenomenal though.
Bendo? - If he wins this Sat, I could see it. Marketable. 1/2 Asian, 1/2 Black.
GSP is with UnderArmour?

The guys at the lighter weights aren't established enough yet and don't seem to have the draw that the bigger guys do. Cruz? Mighty Mouse?

this shows that ufc has improved their market value.....

boxing is pretty much dead after mayweather retires...

UFX on FOX /FX and now large endorsement deals? the sky is limit for their potential profits..

Y'all hear about that wrestler CM Punk taking shot on Twitter at Jones & Nike cuz they signed him after he got a DUI?

This guy is annoying. First Chris Brown, now Jones? :smh:

Bones, plz knock this fool out!

Back
Top Bottom