News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

All the godzilla talk

New snickers godzilla commercial > anything related to the 1998 godzilla movie

I feel u
I don't expect much
But I honestly deep down hope it's actually good
I liked the first one
Nt, women, and movie critics are the only people who I ever met that didn't like 300

I feel u
I don't expect much
I liked the first one
Nt, women, and movie critics are the only people who I ever met that didn't like 300
300 is one of my favorite movies. It's simple, yet gets it's point across without wasting time. It's so short and direct that it has no time to mess itself up lol.

I want this next one to be at least on par, but I seriously doubt it :frown:

I feel u
I don't expect much
I liked the first one
300 is one of my favorite movies. It's simple, yet gets it's point across without wasting time. It's so short and direct that it has no time to mess itself up lol.

I want this next one to be at least on par, but I seriously doubt it :frown:
So u gonna take one for the team and see it first do we don't waste our money :lol:
Hope it's at least better than that wannabe 300 crap movie immortals

So u gonna take one for the team and see it first do we don't waste our money :lol:
Hope it's at least better than that wannabe 300 crap movie immortals
Haha, I haven't been to the movies since TDK and the avengers so it take a lot for me to get up a watch something. If it gets above a 60 on Rt I'll do it.

Don't forget that garbage Conan movie and a couple others that copied it's formula and failed horribly. That's what I'm talking about though, 300 spawned a short era of action/war movies. It was that raw

The problem with 300 part 2 is there's no comic to adapt. The og comic was iconic. It had an iconic quotable every other line, and an iconic visual, that they copied shot for shot, line for line in the movie.

And those quotables made the movie: Dine in hell...Blot out the sun...This is Sparta...Give them nothing...

And those visuals:

My guess...it'll be Spartacus season 2 the movie.

But that's still better than all those knockoffs like Hercules or Clash of the Titans.

Last edited:
Isnt the movie made by the guy who wrote the comic anyway?

I was looking forward to that movie and everyone talked me out of it.

Man I remember going to go see 300
I thought and still think its so dope
I gotta re buy it on bluray

No.

Frank Miller created the 300 comic. He was only a producer for the 300 movie. Zack Snyder directed 300.

ONLY a producer? Did he at least write the screenplay for this. That is what I truly care about.
Nah, didn't write screenplay either. That was Snyder and two other guys adapting his work.

Miller's directorial debut was with Sin City as a co-director and he's done the screenplay for that and then directed stuff like The Spirit and A Dame To Kill For. He wrote screenplays for Robocop 2 & 3 as well.

Well damn. I don't even wanna see this movie now.
Maybe it was in a different thread but I pretty much said with Snyder not returning, on top of the fact that 300 doesn't need a sequel, there was no way this movie would be as good and I wasn't hype.

I broke down what made 300 good and why Rise of an Empire would just be them solely cashing in. Basically, no Leonidas, no go. I'm assuming Miller ended up selling them the full movie rights to fund A Dame To Kill For and said **** it.

Last edited:
Maybe it was in a different thread but I pretty much said with Snyder not returning, on top of the fact that 300 doesn't need a sequel, there was no way this movie would be as good and I wasn't hype.

I broke down what made 300 good and why Rise of an Empire would just be them solely cashing in. Basically, no Leonidas, no go. I'm assuming Miller ended up selling them the full movie rights to fund A Dame To Kill For and said **** it.

Yah I didnt read that. Not sure if I passed it in the thread without reading or if I stopped going to whichever thread that was (assuming I was in it in the first place).
You did talk about no King Leonidus but he wasn't my favorite character so I didn't care. They had enough other likeable characters.

Last edited:

Yah I didnt read that. Not sure if I passed it in the thread without reading or if I stopped going to whichever thread that was (assuming I was in it in the first place).
You did talk about no King Leonidus but he wasn't my favorite character so I didn't care. They had enough other likeable characters.
Aint they all dead now though? Like isn't this story taking place a few years after the 300 all died? At the end of 300 didn't they do like a time skip and show the messenger guy he sent away to tell them of their battle with like a whole legion of warriors back for revenge/justice?

To me only person returning is Xerxes as far as characters that had lines. After looking at the list Leonidas' wife returns too.

Oh possible good news, I'm reading that this sequel is based on Miller's prequel of 300, Xerxes, that was never published. Could be bull **** or could be legit.

Last edited:
All except the guy who was sent home died at the end of the movie. All fine with me cuz I was assuming Frank Miller wrote the screenplay for this and we would see other well written characters.

Ohh well. Guardians of the Galaxy was still my most anticipated anyway. 300 was second but now Cap is. Interstellar in 3rd place

Old news but I just realized this now

I think Marvel does have rights to the Kree. The GotG toys that are coming soon have Ronan as blue even tho Korath is black. Like I said. Blue makeup on black faces doesnt look right.

19fte8au1n7f0jpg.jpg

19ftaekhh9qw1jpg.jpg

Making Korath/Hounsou lightskin :smh: If that was me a ****storm would ensue

Last edited:
I'm not buying blue painted black ppl isn't a good look and if it doesn't look good just don't cast a black person to be a blue character.

Hounsou could be any other high profile villain in the movie or any other Marvel movie.

No surprise at bleaching his blackness for the action figure. Wouldn't be the first time that **** is pulled. The excuse will be it was a mix up or creative decision of part of the company that somebody wasn't overseeing.

Last edited:
I'm not buying blue painted black ppl isn't a good look and if it doesn't look good just don't cast a black person to be a blue character.

Hounsou could be any other high profile villain in the movie or any other Marvel movie.

No surprise at bleaching his blackness for the action figure. Wouldn't be the first time that **** is pulled. The excuse will be it was a mix up or creative decision of part of the company that somebody wasn't overseeing.

Nothing to buy. It's an opinion

Not a good look at all

Also it depends on what you consider makeup. Looks like more than just traditional makeup was used. My sister said her skin would show under the blue makeup and she is nowhere near as dark as them.

If you are trying to imply that they are using his dark skin to make him look menacing then I agree. That is EXACTLY what they are doing. Yes he could have played a bunch of other villains but this is the role he was called for. If a Black Panther movie does get greenlit Marvel is not thinking about that now. Which is why whats his face is Asguard's doorman.

Back
Top Bottom