News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

streaming services are desperate for content/IP so if there's even a slight uptick in viewers from something, they'll milk it

they dont look at the content, just the numbers of viewers and the show did a reported 76mil viewers and was the most watched first season at netflix which pretty much guaranteed it a sequel and a prequel soon followed

Was a prequel necessary? There's only one season and for the most part it did a decent job with the intersecting timelines and as far as I remember Ciri was a kid when they did meet up at the end...
They're trying to build a franchise.

Already talks of Momoa playing a different Witcher for a movie or other series.

streaming services are desperate for content/IP so if there's even a slight uptick in viewers from something, they'll milk it

they dont look at the content, just the numbers of viewers and the show did a reported 76mil viewers and was the most watched first season at netflix which pretty much guaranteed it a sequel and a prequel soon followed
They're trying to build a franchise.

Already talks of Momoa playing a different Witcher for a movie or other series.

One of the pitfalls of using analytics instead of actually stepping back and looking at the actual product itself. Wish that adage of 'less is more' was prevalent - first season was OK but could be improved upon with the sequel.

I'm also not super deep into the Witcher lore but it seemed to me like season 1 was a prequel of sorts. Netflix also has very average/poor quality of content and their consistency for some of their 'better' shows is not that good.

One of the pitfalls of using analytics instead of actually stepping back and looking at the actual product itself. Wish that adage of 'less is more' was prevalent - first season was OK but could be improved upon with the sequel.

I'm also not super deep into the Witcher lore but it seemed to me like season 1 was a prequel of sorts. Netflix also has very average/poor quality of content and their consistency for some of their 'better' shows is not that good.
They have more than enough material to expand.

They released s1, made note of the reaction, and had the appropriate response by making more of what ppl liked. Its no different than MCU expanding to 4 movies a year and dozens of Disney+ shows or Star Wars doing dozens of shows after 2 seasons of The Mandalorian.

Now whether the quality of the show's are high or not is again up to viewers.

S1 of The Witcher wasn't really a prequel. It was an introduction to Geralt's story and 2 other characters. The world of the Witcher is much larger from other kingdoms to different Witcher schools to The Conjunction.

He stabbed him

WITH

HIS

OWN

BLOOD

1613701590113.gif

Back
Top Bottom