NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was not a good day in sports for me.
mean.gif

Last edited:
You missed the point. Its not to compare Romo to Lebron as individual players per se. But the fact remains that they are/were criticized the same for not winning a championship. People criticize Romo even though half the TEAMS problems are things he cant control but he still gets the blame anyway. Lebron got the blame for losing in the playoffs despite sometimes putting up 45 against the opposition. The Lebron criticism has ceased, for the most part, because he won a title. Had he not won this passed year, he'd still receive criticism thats not warranted.
On a sidenote, I heard Jermichael Finley saying some controversial things. How true is this because the media tends to blow things out of proportion quite often.

Ahh I see. I can agree, there's been alot out of Romo's control. But he's sure had his fair share of F up's as well.

Finleys agent was yapping, not Finley himself. He said Rodgers wasnt a good leader because of how he acts on the field. But I think he was saying some other stupid **** like Jordan wasnt a good leader either cause he was a jerk even though he won 6 rings. bunch of nonsense, not a good look for Finley either way.

672267530.jpg

Cardinals offense, waste of a defense. Picked the Seahawks to win today though (was nervous with Brady having 1-2 minutes at the end) :x

Great win for the Giants, next two weeks are must wins vs ********/Cowboys...Giants are 0-2 vs division opponents to start the year (missed FG vs Eagles still haunts me) :smh:

There is a lot of gunfire in that 9ers and Gmen thread. Lol

some people just need to learn to accept the L, not that serious.

Seahawks vs Niners will be an epic game :pimp:

Last edited:
:lol: :lol:
9ers VS Seahawks this thurs.
HUGE game :pimp:

Should be an awesome game! Bart and I can't wait.

I'm good at picking third quarters. :lol: Won $40 on both the third quarter of the Eagles/Lions game and the Skins/Vikes game.

ummm the expectation level for lebron is way higher than romos.
a lot of people will get off romos back if he can win some playoff games

In order to win some playoff games he has to get their first. And in order to get there, the team has to play better not just Romo.

I figured it might have been the media blowing things out of proportion in regards to Finley. But as you said, its not a good look either way. I don't mind WR's whining for the ball, but a TE for some reason just doesn't bode well with me at all.

Honestly I've gotten to a point where Jerry jones is like the new Al Davis and the hell with Jason Garret make your damn mind up either you wanna run the ball or be pass heavy...Cowher if your out there somewhere answer the phone!

Honestly I've gotten to a point where Jerry jones is like the new Al Davis and the hell with Jason Garret make your damn mind up either you wanna run the ball or be pass heavy...Cowher if your out there somewhere answer the phone!

People keep clamoring about changing coaches but the one constant over the last 16 years of mediocrity has been Jerry. No team would keep their GM after 15 years of garbage. But Jerry insists he knows football so we're stuck with him. Cower wouldn't dare want to come here knowing Jerry would undermine him. Thats the reason we have to settle for coaches like Wade and Garrett. Even when we brought Parcells in and Jerry promised not to interfere, he STILL got involved with that 2005 draft and also brought T.O. in, two things of which he and Tuna went at it about. Part of me doesn't want the Cowboys to succeed because if we do, it means Jerry thinks he knows football. But at the same time, I would like another ring being that we haven't gotton one since I was 10.

Jonathan Joseph doesn't usually get burned like that. I don't care what anyone says, he's a very underrated CB.

MMG your logic is so twisted and off.

your most likely a new Texans fan . Since real fans dont exist outside of screwston .

That does not go on Romo , With any other QB not named , Brees, Brady ,Rodgers It is damn near impossible to march down the field

like that and be clutch on 4th down especially against a Elite Team on the road.

Dez dropped the ball yet again.

What is scary though , is if the cowboys team actually plays up to par. Then you could see a parade in Down town Dallas.

People keep clamoring about changing coaches but the one constant over the last 16 years of mediocrity has been Jerry. No team would keep their GM after 15 years of garbage. But Jerry insists he knows football so we're stuck with him. Cower wouldn't dare want to come here knowing Jerry would undermine him. Thats the reason we have to settle for coaches like Wade and Garrett. Even when we brought Parcells in and Jerry promised not to interfere, he STILL got involved with that 2005 draft and also brought T.O. in, two things of which he and Tuna went at it about. Part of me doesn't want the Cowboys to succeed because if we do, it means Jerry thinks he knows football. But at the same time, I would like another ring being that we haven't gotton one since I was 10.

Yeah you right Jerry Jones forgets its not the 90s anymore, one thing I will say is that Dallas ain't discipline enough these stupid penalties they commit at the worst time of play at least the Tuna had em straight but these past yrs smh they gotta be leading the league in penalties

Somebody in that cowboy organization needs to tell Jerry to sit his old *** down.

This man wants to be owner,coach, offensive coordinator ,defensive coordinator ,specials team coordinator, gm, scout , qb, rb, te,de , lb all in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom