NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
chiefs have alot of playmakers on defense , they need to try and shop that number 1 pick and try to get

a second rounder and maybe a middle/late first and patch it up

Last edited:
something interesting from a blog post i'm reading:

"Smith never threw more than 38 passes in a game.  He only threw 35 or more passes 3 times.  Nick Foles had 3 games this year with more than 45 pass attempts"

as mentioned above, foles played in 7 games total.. smith, 80

Last edited:
I dont think the 49ers realistically can afford to pay revis.

he wants top defensive player money, and esp coming off that injury hes not going to take a discount.

This off season alone they are avail to extend Crabby, Iupati and Anthony Davis.

Next season Kap and Aldon Smith.

Its a pipe dream at this point for SF for Revis.

he wants top defensive player money, and esp coming off that injury hes not going to take a discount.

This off season alone they are avail to extend Crabby, Iupati and Anthony Davis.

i dont think the money makes sense either to be honest...

but, i would of called you stupid if you told me someone would give up a 2nd rounder for alex smith...

soooooo, idk... crazier things have happened...

i dont think the money makes sense either to be honest...

but, i would of called you stupid if you told me someone would give up a 2nd rounder for alex smith...

soooooo, idk... crazier things have happened...

fam you aint never lied :smh: :lol: :smh:

a 2nd rounder and a mid rounder for alex smith? 9ers took the chiefs to the cleaner.

i think cassel will end up in arizona.

I very easily could be incorrect in saying this, but doesnt Revis have a fairly reasonable contract for 2013 before he becomes a free agent after the season? I mean, obviously if we got him, I'd like to have him for more than one year.....but the last time we brought in the best CB in the league for one season, it seemed to work out pretty well for us. :lol:

Assuming he doesnt hold out, we can definitely afford him in 2013.

Last edited:
I very easily could be incorrect in saying this, but doesnt Revis have a fairly reasonable contract for 2013 before he becomes a free agent after the season? I mean, obviously if we got him, I'd like to have him for more than one year.....but the last time we brought in the best CB in the league for one season, it seemed to work out pretty well for us. :lol:

im not exactly sure of the 9ers full cap situation or how Smiths contract was based.

it is possible that you could do a 1 year rental for Revis.

But dudes gonna hold out :lol: :smh:

he held out when healthy damm near every offseason :lol: hes going to do it now

#freefitz

trade him to Houston for our next 2 first rounders :nerd:

do it mitch

The 9ers are lightweight building a dynasty

They gotta get a replacement for Justin Smith but **** they got enough picks to make it happen.

They gotta get a replacement for Justin Smith but **** they got enough picks to make it happen.
championships need to be won in order to form a dynasty. minimum 3 in 4 or 5 years. they proved they can make it to the big game but still have a ways to go. the defense was exposed in the playoffs. teams will adjust.

yup..

if i was them, i would trade up twice OR trade a pick or picks for a future pick or picks in a higher round.. if milliner slips to the 10ish range, i move up for him

no way they need 15 picks this year

im not exactly sure of the 9ers full cap situation or how Smiths contract was based.

it is possible that you could do a 1 year rental for Revis.

But dudes gonna hold out :lol: :smh:

he held out when healthy damm near every offseason :lol: hes going to do it now

Alex went $9M against the cap if I remember correctly. And yeah I think Revis holds out again. Thats my only concern. Honestly, I am good with him for one season. We have 15 picks in the draft. Our team is good enough that we will probably cut at least half of those guys anyways. Doesnt harm us to trade a few of them, even if its just for one year.

I like where your head is at...but lets calm down a little bit. :lol:

You truly want to believe that...Don't be salty bruh...

championships need to be won in order to form a dynasty. minimum 3 in 4 or 5 years. they proved they can make it to the big game but still have a ways to go. the defense was exposed in the playoffs. teams will adjust.

Totally agree with you that championships need to be won to be considered a dynasty. What I dont agree with is that our defense was exposed in the playoffs. Our two monster pass rushers were both playing hurt......and their lack of consistent pressure (something they did all season long), caused our secondary to look ordinary.

Of course, we need to resign Goldson....but the idea that our D was exposed is laughable if you knew the circumstances.

You truly want to believe that...Don't be salty bruh...

dont be a **** bruh.

i didnt say anything "salty" related.

i said that was going on and thats that wit the discussion at hand.

you sound "salty" bruh cause i said some realistic ****.

Totally agree with you that championships need to be won to be considered a dynasty. What I dont agree with is that our defense was exposed in the playoffs. Our two monster pass rushers were both playing hurt......and their lack of consistent pressure (something they did all season long), caused our secondary to look ordinary.

Of course, we need to resign Goldson....but the idea that our D was exposed is laughable if you knew the circumstances.

no pass rush and any defense is going to be exposed.

it happens. the defense hit a wall late, the smith brothers were ineffective and that hurt tremendously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom