NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would really be surprised if, a generation from now, football was displaced as the premiere sport in America and basketball took over? There's just no way to change the NFL without fundamentally making it a different game.

Who would really be surprised if, a generation from now, football was displaced as the premiere sport in America and basketball took over? There's just no way to change the NFL without fundamentally making it a different game.

Unless there is a wave of white American superstars it ain't happening.

With all the parents putting there kids in soccer, wouldn't be surprised if it takes over football in 10 years now [emoji]128064[/emoji].

Told ya. :smh:
We STILL gonna give everybody in our division that work :pimp:
Niners coming back to claim that division title
Then conference title
Then that Lombardi trophy
Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
Wooooooohooooooooo
I can't wait to show all y'all we back and ain't letting non of these setbacks stop us
We too raw for that
Nuh uh
Ain't NOTHING stopping us
RAAAAAAAAAWWWWWRRRRRRRRR

You need to retire too. You been talkin' like you're concuseed every post you make.
Get all that hate out ur heart

Dayum, when it rains, it pours! Big ups to Borland for taking care of his health though. You can't just get blinded by the money. You gotta do what's right for your well being.
would've stayed til 30 to secure my son's future but you can't knock the decision

I'm starting to think that there might be something to that curse of Candlestick stuff
laugh.gif
Told ya.
mean.gif

We STILL gonna give everybody in our division that work
pimp.gif

Niners coming back to claim that division title
Then conference title
Then that Lombardi trophy
Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
Wooooooohooooooooo
I can't wait to show all y'all we back and ain't letting non of these setbacks stop us
We too raw for that
Nuh uh
Ain't NOTHING stopping us
RAAAAAAAAAWWWWWRRRRRRRRR
*denzel my man gif

With all the parents putting there kids in soccer, wouldn't be surprised if it takes over football in 10 years now [emoji]128064[/emoji].

No way in hell

This is classic overreaction ..6 months from now the NFL will prob be breaking ratings records as usual.

Respect to Borland tho

Unless there is a wave of white American superstars it ain't happening.

A generation from now the face of America will have much more color. I imagine it won't matter as much how white people feel. Or maybe their feelings will turn. Why not both?

Football is going nowhere. 
laugh.gif

However I could see ANY type of helmet/head contact being disallowed way down the line.

NFL is a financial juggernaut. Certain CFB conferences alone are juggernauts.

Beyond that the game is deepy ingrained in America's social fabric in many parts of the country. 

It's going to be a trend this offseason with guys retiring due to concussions thinking about they health over riches not just with the 49ers. What good is the money if you can't enjoy it in the long run...

This sucks but honestly you have to respect the decisions these dudes make when it comes to their health.

If you do have concerns as a player though, don't enter yourself in the draft.

NFL should move some of that Billions of dollars of revenue over to a helmet innovation program.

And like others have said we got tons of football players who can't even make it in the NFL willing to replace players right now, NFL ain't going nowhere.

NFL should move some of that Billions of dollars of revenue over to a helmet innovation program.
And like others have said we got tons of football players who can't even make it in the NFL willing to replace players right now, NFL ain't going nowhere.

Replacing NFL caliber players with NFL Europe caliber players will not keep the league afloat. :lol:

There's no technology that can negate the impact of helmet to helmet contact. The force has to travel.

Football is going nowhere. 
laugh.gif

However I could see ANY type of helmet/head contact being disallowed way down the line.
It's going nowhere, yet you think it'll survive with the lineman playing patty cake?
laugh.gif
 At patty cake. Facets of the game will (continue to) evolve. 

I'd imagine more emphasis will be placed on skill and technique. Yes, lineman utilize those things too. 

Last edited:
@SportsCenter: Chris Borland notes:
• 24 years old
• 3rd-round pick
• 100 tackles (8 starts)
• 2013 Big Ten Def. Player of the Year

--------

@SportsTalkJoe: @SportsCenter quitter and not a competitor too

@MANALGTWP: @SportsCenter retiring at 24? *****

@jammyyoon: @SportsCenter you forgot *****

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Status