NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't. 30 year old RB with High Miles coming off of a year off. He's not worth anything lower than a 3rd
This is Adrian Peterson, not Darren McFadden. He'll be fresh. Mileage is more of a concern for run-of-the-mill backs. Not generational types.

And Minnesota isn't trading him for a 3rd or 4th. They hold the leverage. If a team wants him they'll have to give something up that's worthwhile for the Vikings. That's how trades work. Fans constantly ignore that.

LT or Faulk, probably. They never produced much in their 30's, but they don't have anything close to AP's body. 

Peterson and Marshawn are different breeds. AP especially.

Last edited:

so even the generational backs fell off once they hit 30?
Generational isn't one type of style...It's once in a generation type player. That can mean many things. LT and Faulk were different backs. AP is built differently. His legs are fresh and there was nothing in the last year that he played, that suggested he'll fall off precipitously. 

Forget the 'generational player' thing and ask yourself if you think AP will fall off just like that this next season. 

Last edited:
This has to be the single most damning account of EJ's career so far :rofl:

@mikerodak

Through two seasons:

Tim Tebow: 14 starts (8-6), 73.2 QB rating, 35.3 Total QBR

EJ Manuel: 14 starts (6-8 ), 78.5 QB rating, 35.1 Total QBR

Last edited:

It shouldn't. 30 year old RB with High Miles coming off of a year off. He's not worth anything lower than a 3rd
This is Adrian Peterson, not Darren McFadden. He'll be fresh. Mileage is more of a concern for run-of-the-mill backs. Not generational types.

And Minnesota isn't trading him for a 3rd or 4th. They hold the leverage. If a team wants him they'll have to give something up that's worthwhile for the Vikings. That's how trades work. Fans constantly ignore that.
You're not gonna get what you think is worthwhile for AP. Bet that. 

I would rather use picks to get into the 1st and take Gurley if that is an option for a team looking at AP

Pretty much all RBs begin to drop off at 30. Generational or not. Now the one year off should help that football wise but still any team will be cautious to give a lot for this reason

Me? I'm not involved. I'm just going off what I feel the Vikings will think is worthwhile considering they have AP under contract and probably know why teams are hesitant. It's also why I have felt all along that he'll be a Viking next year. It's what I hope for anyway.

I'm just saying Minnesota doesn't need to have their hand forced. If they trade him, then there is probably a pretty good offer on the table.
Pretty much all RBs begin to drop off at 30. Generational or not. Now the one year off should help that football wise but still any team will be cautious to give a lot for this reason
No! Not AP!

AD worth more to the Vikings than what any team will offer and I think he can definitely have another 2-3 years of good production. Really do hope he ends up in OAK.

Me? I'm not involved. I'm just going off what I feel the Vikings will think is worthwhile considering they have AP under contract and probably know why teams are hesitant. It's also why I have felt all along that he'll be a Viking next year. It's what I hope for anyway.

I'm just saying Minnesota doesn't need to have their hand forced. If they trade him, then there is probably a pretty good offer on the table.

No! Not AP!

Nah yea I know that. I'm with you I think chances he remains a Viking are pretty high. At this point no one is gonna bust it wide open to land him.

Don't give a **** who he is. Once you hit 30 you value is not as high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom