NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
we only play the colts three years in a row because us and them both win the division every year. within your conference, you play the team that finishes in the same spot as you did in each division.

im talking about the entire AFC south

Just sucks these the other ***** qbs won't speak up and admit **** they did. Well some were starting too when the coast was clear but now they won't since **** heated back up

Tell on themselves? That would be foolish.

After listening to the radio and watching TV, Brady should definitely get suspended. I think it should be two games, some ex players are saying 8 games. Pretty crazy. I think Brady and NE really hurt themselves the way they responded back when this came out.

The irony of making fun of the Raiders and Darren McFadden is your featured back

Me & Jump just having a little fun, you're mad as usual. Let the salt out fam

Are we?
View media item 1523651

0BDK2JM.gif

Last edited:
dudes are missing seasons for weed

brady should get at least 10 games for trying to affect the outcome of games playoff games too

After listening to the radio and watching TV, Brady should definitely get suspended. I think it should be two games, some ex players are saying 8 games. Pretty crazy. I think Brady and NE really hurt themselves the way they responded back when this came out.
8 games?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

who said that?

whether you love or hate Brady, you have to admit whoever said 8 games is a jealous hater of Tom Brady....

Just sucks these the other ***** qbs won't speak up and admit **** they did. Well some were starting too when the coast was clear but now they won't since **** heated back up

**** some players were admitting **** after it looked like Brady was in the clear. Some over inflated and some scuffed them up after the refs checked them

Personally don't care though because Brady 2nd half against the colts was better than the first. Those regular balls got the Seahawks beat too. He might have a preference but it has nothing to do why he's a ******* God and your lord and savior :pimp:

Praise be to Allah *drops mic*

I hear people calling into sport radio saying they should lose their Lombardi's, people really swing for the fences with this ****

Joe Posnanski:

The report goes to extraordinary effort to prove that the Patriots (more probably than not) tampered with those footballs before the AFC Championship game last year. And, by that standard, I guess you can call it a success: After 243 pages, there seems little doubt about it. All 11 footballs tested were deflated below league standards. One of the guys was caught on security camera taking the footballs into a bathroom for one minute and 40 seconds. The official said it was the first time in his career that he could not find the footballs before the game.

---

Which leads to a different question the report doesn’t address: Who cares?

The NFL? The NFL doesn’t care about tampered-footballs. The NFL has NEVER cared about this stuff. If the NFL cared, do you think they would let offenses provide their own footballs? If the NFL cared, do you think they would let quarterbacks like Eli Manning use specially prepared footballs that have been scrubbed, scoured, spun, roughed up for months and months? If the NFL cared, do you think they would have a stinking $25,000 fine for altering footballs? Are you kidding: $25,000? That’s not even a parking ticket by NFL standards. They give bigger fines for mispronouncing Goodell’s name.

And as far as anyone can tell, they’ve never even levied that pitiful fine.

The NFL doesn’t care, not at all. They WANT quarterbacks to have footballs that they love throwing and they WANT receivers to have footballs they love catching. Do you know why it’s even a $25,000 fine? Believe it or not it used to be less than that – they raised it to $25,000 in 1999 but not because of quarterbacks. They raised the fine because KICKERS were doing all sorts of things to the footballs – baking them, overinflating them, putting Harry Potter charms on them etc. Those kickers with their black magic! Listen to this 1999 line from George Young, who was the Senior VP of football operations then.

“Quarterbacks have complained to us about the condition of some of the balls used in the game. We want to make sure the quarterbacks are comfortable with the balls.”

We want to make sure the quarterbacks are comfortable with the balls. If anything, that would become even more the NFL mission. In 2006, the NFL changed the rules so that quarterbacks could bring their own footballs with them on the road – it used to be that the home team supplied all the footballs. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning lobbied for that rule change, but everyone in the NFL was on board. Jeff Fisher, co-chair of the committee, said there was zero resistance to the change and that everyone just wanted quarterbacks to feel more relaxed.

That’s all the NFL has ever cared about when it comes to footballs. They want points, lots of points, passes, receptions, touchdowns. They want quarterbacks who can light it up. They want free-wheeling football. And they have never cared in the slightest about what the quarterbacks did to make the footballs easier to throw. They had the air rule in place just to give some semblance of control, but the league gave a lot of leeway there (even in the AFC Championship game, they allowed Colts quarterback Andrew Luck to have a bit more air in the ball than Brady because he likes it that way). All this stuff … it was like pine tar on a bat to the NFL.

And you might have thought that’s how they would have handled it when the Tom Brady and Patriots deflation thing came up in the first place. They might have said, “Yeah, the Patriots footballs were found to be underinflated, that’s a $25,000 fine.” They might have said, “OK, these shenanigans are not cool, and we’re going to add a little discipline to the fine.”

But because this is the multi-billion-dollar NFL … and because the Patriots have been caught before … and because everything football has to be magnified beyond all reason, this turned into a military tribunal, and a morality tale about cheating and legacies and whether a 45-7 score was legitimate and theories about how a football with a little less air in it could turn Tom Brady from Bruce Banner into the Incredible Hulk. Now, there’s a 243-page report and some stooge texting as “The Deflator” and mass hysteria and people suggesting that Tom Brady be suspended for as long or longer than Ray Rice, for crying out loud.

If you don't crack down on cheating, you're saying cheating is okay. Period.

I get the "it's only cheating if you get caught" thing, but if you really are cheating and you do get caught, shouldn't you pay the consequences?

That's the risk you knowingly take as a cheater. Otherwise cheating is just 100% benefit.

Last edited:
I hear people calling into sport radio saying they should lose their Lombardi's, people really swing for the fences with this ****
the one thing i learned about this entire thing is that...

we live in such a soft easily butt hurt society.

i never knew there were so many whistleblowers out there.

Last edited:

:lol: why whenever someone calls society soft or sensitive do you know they are about to say something stupid

8 games?:wow: :lol:

who said that?

whether you love or hate Brady, you have to admit whoever said 8 games is a jealous hater of Tom Brady....

Marcellus Wiley said that on Lebetard. I think 8 is a bit much, but Goodell has gotta come down hard because the whole league knows Kraft is his boy. If he let's Brady get off with a fine, that would completely destroy what little faith the players have in him and probably upset some of the other owners.

If I was Goodell I'd give him 4-6 games knowing he would appeal it down to 2-3.

Last edited:

I mean they still have to be punished but saying take away their championships, that's beyond ridiculous

I mean they still have to be punished but saying take away their championships, that's beyond ridiculous
this is what im trying to say.

i should put more emphasis on the fact that i cant believe there are grown men out there that would sit on hold with a radio station to sit there and tell the world how much theyre bothered by some guy who they dont know who plays a sport that theyre not employed by...and then throw out these ludicrous ideas of punishment.

i dunno maybe i was raised differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom