NFL/NCAA Feet: '12-'13 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc. Vol. Nike is back in the NFL!

Originally Posted by Yu

My vapor jet 4.2's are about to go and am looking for some replacements. I see that ndc has the vapor pro lows and vapor talon elite lows up. Is there anything different other than the hyperfuse upper and talon cleat? Do you guys think the elites are worth the extra $50? I know these are newer cleats but hoping to hear from those who got the gold elites in february.

Also the new superbad and vapor jet gloves are on ndc. I know a lot of you aren't fans of nike gloves but i love the supergrip they have on the superbad gloves. Probably won't get new gloves anytime soon though.

Yeah I dont understand why they cost so especially with no Zoom or Air cushioning

minnesota golden gophers.

ncf_umn_uniforms_dj_600.jpg

01-20%2003%20Gopher%20Uniforms%20mj.JPG

20120120__Gophers-new-football-uniforms-1.jpg

Minnesota-Gophers-new-helmets.png

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by Yu

My vapor jet 4.2's are about to go and am looking for some replacements. I see that ndc has the vapor pro lows and vapor talon elite lows up. Is there anything different other than the hyperfuse upper and talon cleat? Do you guys think the elites are worth the extra $50? I know these are newer cleats but hoping to hear from those who got the gold elites in february.

Also the new superbad and vapor jet gloves are on ndc. I know a lot of you aren't fans of nike gloves but i love the supergrip they have on the superbad gloves. Probably won't get new gloves anytime soon though.
Yeah I dont understand why they cost so especially with no Zoom or Air cushioning

I was wondering how anyone on here that got the gold Vapor Talon Elites felt about them also. I was looking into getting a new pair of cleats for this season and the Talon Elite Lows are where all signs are pointing to. It also says on Eastbay's sizing that they are true to size as opposed to half size up like the carbon vapors. Anyone with the Vapor Talon Elite Lows have a review up?

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by Yu

I was wondering how anyone on here that got the gold Vapor Talon Elites felt about them also. I was looking into getting a new pair of cleats for this season and the Talon Elite Lows are where all signs are pointing to. It also says on Eastbay's sizing that they are true to size as opposed to half size up like the carbon vapors. Anyone with the Vapor Talon Elite Lows have a review up?
i just got my vapor talon elites in. I ordered my normal nike size 11.5, which i got of the vapor carbons. These are definitely longer than the carbons. i think because they do not have any cusioning in the toe whatsoever. think the carbons, with no cushion.... i would suggest a .5 size small than whatever you get in the carbons

Originally Posted by bullets14

i just got my vapor talon elites in. I ordered my normal nike size 11.5, which i got of the vapor carbons. These are definitely longer than the carbons. i think because they do not have any cusioning in the toe whatsoever. think the carbons, with no cushion.... i would suggest a .5 size small than whatever you get in the carbons
Wow, Carbons without cushioning?
eyes.gif
Do you recommend them over the carbons?

From TMZ:

Tim Tebow's not second-string to Nike -- because the athletic company is now suing Reebok ... over the exclusive rights to use Tebow's name on merchandise.

Nike filed a lawsuit against Reebok this week -- just one day after the Jets officially announced the Tebow trade -- and according to the suit, Reebok's new Jets merch bearing Tebow's name (above) is in violation of a 2010 Nike-Tebow endorsement deal.

According to the deal, Nike's got sole merchandising rights to all things Tebow ... and Nike alone.

A rep for Nike released a statement, claiming, “We have filed a complaint relating to unauthorized use of Tim Tebow's name on New York Jets related apparel. Nike is authorized and licensed to use Tim Tebow's name on products."

As for the 2010 endorsement deal -- Nike made off like a bandit, signing Tebow before his jersey became one of the most sought-after in the league ... for $300,000 a year.

Originally Posted by Yu

I have not played in my Talon Elites yet due to the constant rain we have had in NorCal at the moment.  I can confirm that the sizing is a half size different between the Vapor Talons and the Vapor Carbon/Vapor Jet 4.2.  
My Nike Shoe size: 9.5

Vapor Jet Carbon: 10

Vapor Jet 4.2: 10

Talon Elite: 9.5

New Texas practice uniforms, with Speed Machine template. They'll debut this fall. No comment but the boys at Shaggybevo will have a blast with these.
ApKQf-XCIAAu448.jpg

ApKQti_CAAArqwE.jpg

ApKQxMyCAAEMJ6-.jpg

ApKRaN1CAAAYM6P.jpg

ApKRUPqCEAADqzD.jpg

ApKRJOnCIAAJ22D.jpg:large

Originally Posted by The Stoic Paisano

New Texas practice uniforms, with Speed Machine template. They'll debut this fall. No comment but the boys at Shaggybevo will have a blast with these.
ApKQxMyCAAEMJ6-.jpg

ApKRUPqCEAADqzD.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
this **** right here just made my day.  i know you wrote practice unis, so i'm going to withhold what i really want to say, but this uni change reminds me of this conversation i had with some other NTers in this forum some months ago about how texas needs to incorporate black in their unis, and these cats came out of the wood works trying to argue me down.  oh please based god, i hope those same texas traditionalist come in here and say something about this.

nothing too surprising. texas QBs have always worn black shirts in practice... and its been rumored that UT would debut the new speed machine template this spring.

not that i would mind, but i doubt a significant amount black will ever make it into a UT football uniform... they only have 2 school colors. burnt orange and white. thats like giving penn state a red alternate. it just wouldnt make sense.

The Texas unis are for practice only.  The game uniforms will be the classic uniforms that they have been wearing for a long time.  Their fanbase would revolt if Nike tried to change their unis.

Those Texas unis are sick

I been hearing since last season Coach Golden is askin for a jersey change to something more old school/new for The U...Think the Buffalo Bills jerseys

Didn't like the fit or cushion of talon elites. I returned them. I rather find another pair of carbon fly td on sale. I'm not impressed. They are very narrow as well

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

Those Texas unis are sick

I been hearing since last season Coach Golden is askin for a jersey change to something more old school/new for The U...Think the Buffalo Bills jerseys

They should, but one of the unfirom forums I am on says they won't be getting new ones this year.

Back
Top Bottom