NFL/NCAA FEET & GEAR: '16-'17 SEASONS FOOTBALL EQUIPMENT/CLEATS/GLOVES/JERSEYS ETC

I still have my pair of Air Mission cleats that I used in high school. Size 9. Got them for my senior year. Always spatted my shoes so they still look in great condition.

I thought I'd share my custom job. I found the SB50 Alpha Fly Rush Jacket in my size at TJ for $25 and thought that price was worth trying to customize. I've loved this specific jacket since media day (haven't liked other color ways as much and CU never gets this stuff) but am a Chiefs fan living in CO and wouldn't be caught dead in any SB50 gear. I was able to carefully seam rip the SB logo and NFL logos off of the jacket with very little damage. I had an old pair of CU Nike sweatpants laying around that I was able to remove the logo. I used fabric glue and adhered the CU logo and it actually turned out pretty well! I now have my media day jacket in a team I will actually rock and it only cost me $25 bucks and an old pair of sweatpants. The moral of the story, fabric glue and a seam ripper can make anyone a customizer and keep an eye out for SB50 gear at TJ and Marshall's because it's starting to show up.
View media item 2191636

Last edited:
I thought I'd share my custom job. I found the SB50 Alpha Fly Rush Jacket in my size at TJ for $25 and thought that price was worth trying to customize. I've loved this specific jacket since media day (haven't liked other color ways as much and CU never gets this stuff) but am a Chiefs fan living in CO and wouldn't be caught dead in any SB50 gear. I was able to carefully seam rip the SB logo and NFL logos off of the jacket with very little damage. I had an old pair of CU Nike sweatpants laying around that I was able to remove the logo. I used fabric glue and adhered the CU logo and it actually turned out pretty well! I now have my media day jacket in a team I will actually rock and it only cost me $25 bucks and an old pair of sweatpants. The moral of the story, fabric glue and a seam ripper can make anyone a customizer and keep an eye out for SB50 gear at TJ and Marshall's because it's starting to show up.
That actually looks really good, it could be sold as is and still tie in well with the CU theme! If you run into any more in an L/XL for that price let me know I would defnitely give it a try as well :wink:

kcchiefsfan kcchiefsfan great job on the customization. Did something similar to that on a short sleeve coaches jacket for the high school team I coach.

Check your PM, btw. I have a question for you.

anyone know if these are available? if not, are there all-gold Nike cleats that I am unaware of? After seeing the Under Armour Spotlight LE in gold I had to cop but I like Nike cleats better.

anyone know if these are available? if not, are there all-gold Nike cleats that I am unaware of? After seeing the Under Armour Spotlight LE in gold I had to cop but I like Nike cleats better.

View media item 2236314

Good luck finding those. Your best bet would be to look on ebay. Even then, I'm not going to say its impossible but it will be NEXT to impossible to find those and within a reasonable amount. Your best bet is to Nike ID a pair.

View media item 2236314

just Nike ID this years Vapors

they have Chrome bottom options and you can create a all gold upper

yeah, i didn't like the look of the untouchable 2 at all. but i was referring to the solar flare ones that were ugly as hell. totally wack colorway.

best looking cleat to me is the white/orange super bowl untouchable from a couple years ago.

I gave away my last pair of Zoom Carbon Fly's to one of my players. If you went a half size up and broke them in they fit like a glove. Almost a tie between that shoe and the 4.2.

Nike needs to release football shoes with Zoom in general.

That would be cool if Nike started retroing Zoom Carbon's and the original Magnigrip and Remix gloves. The color block on those Magnigrip's was :smokin.

That would be cool if Nike started retroing Zoom Carbon's and the original Magnigrip and Remix gloves. The color block on those Magnigrip's was :smokin.

This for sure. I remember every pair of the NFL version of the Remixes, still have a couple unused. Those def don't last as long as the current generation though.

For playability, 4.2 is prob still my fav cleat. I think I actually prefer no zoom since it gives me better ground feel.

I currently wear remixes when I play but the breathability compared to current gloves is my only issue. My gloves stay sweaty :lol: I hope nike does and updated version of them with current tech.

Zoom Vapor Carbon...that Zoom unit in the heel was so thin you barely even felt it especially after you wore the cleats for awhile. Always thought it would be nice for a Zoom unit in the forefoot. No idea why they put a Zoom unit in the heel when you are rarely on your heels playing football.

Those old school gloves used thick cuts of leather. Zero breath ability and you wore those for a couple of practices and they would smelling :x.

Ah, the good ol Magnigrip Elite Remixes. Still have three pairs of the black/white on ice while my OG Magnigrip Alpha Project ones smell bad but still look good. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom