NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, some of us do. I have a feeling that what you're going for is "If you're watching the games, you don't really care." That's that absolute thinking again. It's false.

-foe

It's just honest, really.

You don't actually care that all of these players have mangled fingers, and needles jabbed into them weekly or X-Rays needed after every game or they're pissing blood, or have had 17 surgeries in 6 seasons. You just want to watch the games and gamble or check your fantasy teams or drinks with friends etc.

If they took away cortisone and all the other meds there would be no Aaron Donald out there, no Mathew Stafford or Kupp etc etc etc.

They go thru it every single day/week/month/year and we all still watch. And when they aren't good enough we toss 'em aside and get new recruits to come in and destroy their bodies. And on and on and on the cycle goes.

None of us truly feel bad. We just keep comin every Sunday.

• Sad
Reactions: HIM
sounds like that "if you don't like it in this country, why don't you just leave!" type of steez :lol:

If you are a fan of or support something, why wouldn't you want it to be the best it could possibly be?

You're allowed to be critical of the league or your favorite team. I promise it won't make you less of a fan.

mister-gotcha-4-9faefa-1.jpg

C CP1708 when it comes to fingers, knees, ribs, etc...i can admit my concern really low. i don't care that dudes are popping shoulders back into place and going back out there

the head injury stuff is different, though. it's much more serious than these guys walking with a limp for their remaining days or having the Booger pinkie. i think that's why people cared more about the Tua situation v not caring about Herbert playing with some ribs (ftr...i said the chargers should have sat him down! :lol: )

If you are a fan of or support something, why wouldn't you want it to be the best it could possibly be?

Agreed.

So you want all pain meds banned from the sport, right?
No more needles. No more cortisone. No more Toradol.

We want these players to protect their health at all costs, right?

So we takin this to the NFL, right? Let's start the movement together. 🤝

I want Rivera to succeed and thought he was good hire for a culture change… but we need some Ws and I don’t think him or the coaching staff can lead us there. Shuffling that O line has blown up in our face. I expected Wentz to be more mobile but I realize those prime Philly days are far behind him. 18 pts in two weeks against division rivals no less is unacceptable.

If they took away cortisone and all the other meds there would be no Aaron Donald out there, no Mathew Stafford or Kupp etc etc etc.
Yes there would. Cortisone isn't death-defying; it's a pain blocker. They would still exist. They'd be in a lot more pain.

I'd be all for 8th-grade level medical strictness. The reason I keep watching is because I have literally 0 say in medical clearance. 'But by watching you're saying...'

Don't do that.

-foe

Still baffled that the saints traded us their 2023 1st just to move up a few spots for an OT that likely would have still been there.

If Howie Roseman is doing a trade with you, you are very likely getting ripped off

Yes there would. Cortisone isn't death-defying; it's a pain blocker. They would still exist. Their be in a lot more pain.

I'd be all for 8-grade level medical strictness. The reason I keep watching is because I have literally 0 say in medical clearance. 'But by watching you're saying...'

Don't do that.

-foe

I disagree but hear you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom