NFL Players that regressed this season...

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by JPZx

Grant/Forte/Slaton

Forte can be successful with a line though.

As a bears fan I really dont see it.....

We had a better line last year than we do this year, and he wasn't too shabby. Cutler has regressed as well but it's kinda hard to blame it all on himconsidering he has no talent around him. Slaton has definitely regressed and Grant is quietly having a great season.

LaRon Landry is a name that should be added to the list as well.

Damn Tatupus biggest problem is his weight. He's gotten bigger and bigger each of the last 3 seasons, im not talking muscle either. Very noticeable fromhis first 2 yrs

Matt Hasslebeck
smh.gif

Yes, Flacco was supposed to take his game to the next level. Cam wanted to open up the offense but that just hasn't been a viable option. I will say adding a true #1 receiver might help Flacco's development. Mason, Clayton, Washington, and Heap doesn't cut it if you wanna compete for a Super Bowl. Bottom line as far as this season goes, Joe Flacco hasn't been a significant factor in helping Baltimore win those close games, something you hope to expect from a franchise QB.

its his second year in the NFL. and like you said yourself, he doesnt have any legit receivers.

why not call out Matt Ryan instead? before he got injured he was playing like $$!* despite having the GOAT tight end and a Pro Bowl WR. check the stats, Flaccois playing better than he did last year. Ryan is playing worse.

I don't think Flacco is playing that poorly, not enough to make a list like this

I would say the Steeler D, but they are just getting old. Sigh

Matt Ryan didn't necessarily regress. There's just been a slow down in his progression, which is to be expected from any young quarterback. I pointedthis out before the season, that Matt Ryan will disappoint, not because he regresses, but because more offensive responsibility and a complex range of theplaybook is being implemented in Atlanta.

He's no worse a quarterback than he was last year. It's just that his scope has been widened, and he's hitting that natural learning curve thatevery NFL quarterback has been through. It just seems he's regressed because of the hype surrounding him and the expectations fans had for him and Atlanta.

I also had said that he's going to breakout next year and fully enter the realm of the NFL elite.

Same can be said for Flacco, although I don't believe him to be the quarterback Ryan is. Fans are way too impatient with young players and QB'sinparticular, and think that a great rookie season has to be parlayed into progression every season thereafter or else the QB is deemed a disappointment. Thisis a prime example of why looking at stats as the final interpretation of success hinders someone's ability to fully grasp the quarterback position and theNFL in general. There's no stats that represent the complex additions to the playbook or the difference of the load that his placed on the quarterbacks andall the other myriad of invariables not taken into account by stats.

I've said enough.

Ryan Grant is actually having a pretty good year.
7th in rushing yards while averaging 4.3 yards a run.
He'll end up with 1300-1400 yards and 10 touchdowns. Much better than last year.

Back
Top Bottom