NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

CDB87ED5-0680-4FFB-9A74-9E0F478B29AE.gif
BBB8FD74-8567-4749-B35C-C2A9A362CB6F.jpeg
7E838BA3-D201-4C3E-93C1-70AE691BFB99.png
5A020A6D-F9D8-4475-8B7A-60A83CA2E846.jpeg

I don't rock with Eli, I don't like watchin him play, I don't believe in him much, but I have bad news for those trashing him.......

Say this is his last year. (He could play next year too, but I'm not sure if that's definite or not yet) Say this is it, and he goes for just shy of 4K, and maybe 20-25 TD's.

He would finish his career basically top 5-6 in yards and TD's right behind Dan Marino.......and have 2 Super Bowl rings.

I know era, I know look and feel, all that, but he would end up in the HOF with those numbers. (and of course, if he plays longer and puts up even more numbers, he can surpass Marino)

there is no question dude will get in.. the maras have power and he won those 2 rings, he'll get in for the same reason aikman did

but we're talking when dude came out of ole miss and how he was looked at as a draft prospect

I don't rock with Eli, I don't like watchin him play, I don't believe in him much, but I have bad news for those trashing him.......

Say this is his last year. (He could play next year too, but I'm not sure if that's definite or not yet) Say this is it, and he goes for just shy of 4K, and maybe 20-25 TD's.

He would finish his career basically top 5-6 in yards and TD's right behind Dan Marino.......and have 2 Super Bowl rings.

I know era, I know look and feel, all that, but he would end up in the HOF with those numbers. (and of course, if he plays longer and puts up even more numbers, he can surpass Marino)

I don’t know why dudes are acting like people are attempting to argue Eli is in some sort GOAT conversation. The argument is just Eli had hype and pressure coming into the league and is now a HOF lock, who may have been turnover prone, that had limited playoff success but when he showed up, he balled out as evidenced by those two SB runs. I don’t see why that’s hard to acknowledge.

rivers wasnt a hyped draft pick, hell dude was barely thought of as a 1st rounder UNTIL dude went to those senior bowl practices and played the game and was the MVP

but they questioned if his throwing motion would work in the league, plus dude never had the strongest arm to begin with

I never said Philip was hyped. He was my favorite QB that draft. I liked this unorthodox release and accuracy. I’m saying who my personal favorite was.

I disliked Eli in that draft simply because I thought he was getting too much hype. And only was going #1 due to family. He proved me wrong. He wound up being decent.

I don’t know why dudes are acting like people are attempting to argue Eli is in some sort GOAT conversation. The argument is just Eli had hype and pressure coming into the league and is now a HOF lock, who may have been turnover prone, that had limited playoff success but when he showed up, he balled out as evidenced by those two SB runs. I don’t see why that’s hard to acknowledge.

eli had pressure because of the move he and his family pulled with san diego

and he was nowhere near as hyped as other QB prospects and players going into the draft (especially andrew luck), even with his last name being manning

there is no question dude will get in.. the maras have power and he won those 2 rings, he'll get in for the same reason aikman did

but we're talking when dude came out of ole miss and how he was looked at as a draft prospect

But yet, everything he stated puts his stats and play past Aikman’s stats and play minus one more ring. Can’t keep saying he’ll get in same reason Aikman. That’s just throwing shade because you dislike the team he plays on because their rivals of your eagles. Or at least that what it comes off as.

E6FD021F-4FBC-41ED-8929-874B3947E8C4.jpeg
A32A79CD-29F2-42DF-8486-9649FC41C24B.jpeg

One guy we debate in here every week on whether or not he’s good , if he can be a legitimate starting QB in the league and is he on his last chance with the team that drafted him.

The other guy had a string of good playoff games and won a ring that reshaped his otherwise mediocre start to his career.

Please don’t revise history lol

Bro why did you post Eli’s stats from Year 5 to Year 1 (descending order) and Jamesis’ from Year 1 to Year 4 (ascending order). That’s some Fox News editing right there. Completely changes the discussion.

I guess Eli was Marcus Jordan. Some unhyped, sorry scrub who was going to be undrafted anyway.

Some under-the-radar lousy prospect

Bro why did you post Eli’s stats from Year 5 to Year 1 (descending order) and Jamesis’ from Year 1 to Year 4 (ascending order). That’s some Fox News editing right there. Completely changes the discussion.

But it doesn’t though.

I said Eli would’ve been a backup if he didn’t win a ring. Compare his numbers to a guy that might legitimately become a backup or on a new team come next season if he doesn’t perform well this season. And eli’s numbers are significantly worse :lol:

Doesn’t have anything to do with hype. Maybe we’re talking about two different topics

Back
Top Bottom